CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Master Bedroom
Gamecocks1137
garnet_black215
CockyRyan
Regalcock
GamecockSuperFan
WeStillOwnUSC
StormOfTalons
MWard
Clemson Recruiting.. (3320)
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs (1555)
Ranking the Opposing (1411)
Clowney Spares RB Bi (1140)
Not a Rival.. (1065)
Gamecock Coaches as (946)
NCAA Football 15 (572)
Hello Gamecocks! (523)
Marching band (450)
John Rocker at rock (353)
2015 - Mon Denson
2015 - Traveon Samuel
Clemson Recruiting...how
2015 Commitment - Damon A
John Rocker at rock botto
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
Good Article on Auburn's
Ranking the Opposing Fanb
Website Design Help
Clowney Spares RB Big Hit

Old 01-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #541
johnmcclane
my wife is awesome

Male

CockyCash: 100500
johnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot material
Default Re: Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend is a hoax

Occam's Razor

The simplest explanation tends to be the truth.

Te'o faked this crap for publicity and Clowney and Jones had to take the backseat to this dummy.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #542
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Naive? Where did I say he was Naive?
I believe he knew about this all along.
Maybe someone duped him for a short time, but I believe he was behind this fully. That he created it for his own personal gain.
Honestly it just seems like a selfish way to get the media on him. Sure a bit more extreme than what we see in the NFL, but I don't think NFL teams are going to draft this guy to be a leader from Day 1

From the looks of posts I feel like some people are thinking this would kill his NFL dreams totally or put him as a late round pick. I don't believe that.
Sure he'll probably go out of the top 10 (I think he'll do bad at the combine)
But I still think a team takes him in the first.
I said he was naive based on the explanation that he was duped. Based on the explanation ND and Te'o gave, I said it's one thing to be naive. However, with the stories he told (i.e. all the stuff that happened at her age), he would have to be incredibly stupid and not just naive. My point was you can't claim to be naive AND that incredibly stupid. That's why I think there was more to it.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #543
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

Someone mentioned a movie has to be made about this, that got me to thinking. What would be the theme song? Here are a few suggestions. Feell free to add yous.

So into you
God only knows
Can't buy me love
Hello Goodby
Stand by Me
Isn't she lovely
Can't take my eye off you
My Love is real
Call me maybe
Believe
Baby did a bad bad thing
You can never tell
You make my dreams
Everybody loves somebody
Ain't no woman like the one I got
Somewhere
Haven't met you
Spirit in the sky
The great pretender
I just called to say I love you
My special angle
If loving you is wrong
End of the line
uscgmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #544
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgmck View Post
Someone mentioned a movie has to be made about this, that got me to thinking. What would be the theme song? Here are a few suggestions. Feell free to add yous.

So into you
God only knows
Can't buy me love
Hello Goodby
Stand by Me
Isn't she lovely
Can't take my eye off you
My Love is real
Call me maybe
Believe
Baby did a bad bad thing
You can never tell
You make my dreams
Everybody loves somebody
Ain't no woman like the one I got
Somewhere
Haven't met you
Spirit in the sky
The great pretender
I just called to say I love you
My special angle
If loving you is wrong
End of the line
Ya Had a Bad Day - Daniel Powter
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #545
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
I said he was naive based on the explanation that he was duped. Based on the explanation ND and Te'o gave, I said it's one thing to be naive. However, with the stories he told (i.e. all the stuff that happened at her age), he would have to be incredibly stupid and not just naive. My point was you can't claim to be naive AND that incredibly stupid. That's why I think there was more to it.
I'd like to say yea, but I think you're giving people too much credit.
If we didn't have a website like deadspin this would have gone further.
Because none of the major media outlets even bothered to look.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #546
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Wow. Roth's story is CRAZY.

I seriously wonder about humans from time to time.
no dial up internet nor smart phone in 2010 I can't imagine
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:36 PM   #547
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
I'd like to say yea, but I think you're giving people too much credit.
If we didn't have a website like deadspin this would have gone further.
Because none of the major media outlets even bothered to look.
No, I think this is more than just being naive. I am just saying that if you believe ND's and Te'os explanation that it was a hox he wasn't aware of, the facts say that he is beyond naive - he is incredibly stupid. That's why their explanation doesn't fly. No one can be that naive AND stupid enough to believe all the stuff that Te'o said about the girl.

I think he knew. To what extent and when is the question but he lied, played along, and misled people for his own gain. Just a question of when did it start.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:37 PM   #548
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

She didn't die. She faked her death, when into witness protection, and started going out with this guy.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #549
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
No, I think this is more than just being naive. I am just saying that if you believe ND's and Te'os explanation that it was a hox he wasn't aware of, the facts say that he is beyond naive - he is incredibly stupid. That's why their explanation doesn't fly. No one can be that naive AND stupid enough to believe all the stuff that Te'o said about the girl.

I think he knew. To what extent and when is the question but he lied, played along, and misled people for his own gain. Just a question of when did it start.
I agree with you; he was in on it, and there is no way one can convince me otherwise. I read on Twitter a few minutes ago that someone admitted to creating the Twitter handle and they said Te'o had no idea. Of course they are going to say he had no idea, because if the truth comes out that he had a part in it, you better believe he will slip far in the draft.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:46 PM   #550
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
That isnt neccesarily true. He thought she was dead..he met a girl at stanford and never saw ger again.. only chatted on phone or tweeted. that is the story..he was shocked in dec to get her phone call.
Don't be naive. Te'o was in on it. You can't be THAT stupid and go to Notre Dame.

Follow Gamecockology on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
MisterClowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #551
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmcclane View Post
Occam's Razor

The simplest explanation tends to be the truth.

Te'o faked this crap for publicity and Clowney and Jones had to take the backseat to this dummy.
Boom goes the dynamite. Great post.

Follow Gamecockology on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
MisterClowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #552
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

I wonder how much ND paid this guy.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...irlfriend-hoax

#LukeForMod

Old 01-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #553
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:

I bet at least an easy $100,000 will do. Considering Te'o is a friend of his, and he doesn't want to see his friend lose money if the truth came out.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #554
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser24 View Post
I bet at least an easy $100,000 will do. Considering Te'o is a friend of his, and he doesn't want to see his friend lose money if the truth came out.
Damn only 100?

If I had this information I would ask for atleast 7 figures

#LukeForMod

Old 01-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #555
uscsabres
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his comb

Quote:

HA!

HA!

TIME FOR DAMAGE CONTROL!
Old 01-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #556
OLDCHARLESTONIAN
African Tater Game Hunter

Male

CockyCash: 200
OLDCHARLESTONIAN is sharpening his clawsOLDCHARLESTONIAN is sharpening his clawsOLDCHARLESTONIAN is sharpening his clawsOLDCHARLESTONIAN is sharpening his claws

Or he simply wanted to get to Diane O'Meara but didn't have the nuts to contact her. So he simply drummed up all this nonsense so that she would eventually come out the wood works and then he'd go from there.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #557
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

I love how ESPN is now calling lying "embellishing" now. Like that is supposed to make it better. Embellishing is when you add or leave out minor details to make a story look a certain way. Continuing to insist on the existence of a fake girlfriend you know does not exist is not a minor detail. It's lying.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:24 PM   #558
cockfight21
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
cockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot material

This is sort of funny, SIAP:

http://www.headingfortheexits.com/hf...-lennay-kekua/

Kenny Powers
cockfight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #559
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:

So according to this and the words of his teammates, Manti really did believe the hoax and apparently is that stupid to believe all the stuff that was told him (which was near impossible to believe).

With that said, he is still a liar because he continued to tell the story even after he knew it was a hoax.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #560
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Damn only 100?

If I had this information I would ask for atleast 7 figures
Yea, probably so. Didn't the guy who shot the Michael Phelps picture collect $1,000,000 for it?