CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
roosterdude21
Gamecocks1137
kingofnerf
SwampFox
TKE226
COCKYWOOD
Absfract
easymoney
Storm Of Spurs
FanofCarolina1
Wilds & Carson B (2037)
Marquavius Lewis (1903)
So, why is next year (1692)
How Long Will The Re (1164)
Restaurant musts in (864)
Why do so many of yo (698)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10 (565)
Shot in the arm for (563)
Custom Jersey (225)
'Lord of the Rings: (215)
The Vent and Coaching cha
2015 - Mark Fields
2015 Commitment - Dante S
Wilds & Carson Back f
Bo Pelini headed to Young
2015 Signee - Ulric Jones
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
The U ends apparel deal w
Previewing Clemson
2015 Signee - Sherrod Pit

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #1921
davisd9
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 375
davisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudly
Default Re: Da'Shawn Hand Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDCHARLESTONIAN View Post
Peppers wasn't a player under the current coaching regime at UNC. I'm not sure why Hand wants to visit UNC, I'm not him, but I don't think it would really be because Julius Peppers played there. If that were the case, why not just go to where the future #1 DE pick plays...
That is why we are in his top 5 my friend.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #1922
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Drew Barker Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Originally Posted by толстый Cock View Post
No kidding, hosted a guy here at work that had a Louisville pullover on earlier this week and I said "man that was a big win y'all had over Florida" and his response was "yeah, we're #1 in the country right now"...... it took me a minute to realize he thought I was talking about basketball. I was thinking really, your football team just upset florida in a BCS game and the first thing that popped in his mind was the basketball team? Their priorities are all wrong, football is 2nd fiddle in that state to basketball no matter how good they do.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #1923
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by толстый Cock View Post
No kidding, hosted a guy here at work that had a Louisville pullover on earlier this week and I said "man that was a big win y'all had over Florida" and his response was "yeah, we're #1 in the country right now"...... it took me a minute to realize he thought I was talking about basketball. I was thinking really, your football team just upset florida in a BCS game and the first thing that popped in his mind was the basketball team? Their priorities are all wrong, football is 2nd fiddle in that state to basketball no matter how good they do.
thats why they joined the basketball conference the ACC
Old 01-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #1924
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

The ACC inviting Louisville to join is very telling. That would never have happened even 2-3 years ago. They are going to try to make it putting basketball first.......just don't see how the numbers will work out in their favor.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #1925
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

That is how it is up here in NC too. They are totally focused on basketball. I'm telling you we like college baseball probably more than they care about CFB.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #1926
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Actually he's visiting Maryland this weekend. That's the first I've seen of them being involved with him, so not exactly sure what it means. Whatever the case, thought I'd pass that along.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #1927
Cocks and Canes
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Cocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Actually he's visiting Maryland this weekend. That's the first I've seen of them being involved with him, so not exactly sure what it means. Whatever the case, thought I'd pass that along.
They're the closest FBS school to him so I'm sure he has at least some interest. I wouldn't expect them to stick around though.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #1928
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocks and Canes View Post
They're the closest FBS school to him so I'm sure he has at least some interest. I wouldn't expect them to stick around though.
Oh I don't either. They didn't even make his top five. I just figured I'd mention it since a previous poster asked if he was visiting this weekend.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:40 PM   #1929
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 1000076044
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
That is how it is up here in NC too. They are totally focused on basketball. I'm telling you we like college baseball probably more than they care about CFB.
Completely disagree.. they care about cfb, look at NC state fans, ecu fans, app st fans, etc.. some of them live eat breathe cfball here
Old 01-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #1930
usctiburon03
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24000
usctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
^ that makes zero sense.. how are they even a contender???

Let's not forget that Hand is a very smart kid and UNC is a pretty solid academic school. Nothing wrong with him checking them out. Doubt there is anything more or less than that.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #1931
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
Completely disagree.. they care about cfb, look at NC state fans, ecu fans, app st fans, etc.. some of them live eat breathe cfball here
My family is mostly NCSU and ECU fans and they take their football very seriously. Just go to Greenville and the whole city almost seems to have purple and gold on something. They also traveled very well when we played them this year.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:57 PM   #1932
SwimCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
SwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by usctiburon03 View Post
Let's not forget that Hand is a very smart kid and UNC is a pretty solid academic school. Nothing wrong with him checking them out. Doubt there is anything more or less than that.
Plus, you can get away with sexual assaults on UNCheat's campus, not that Hand would be interested in that. That should immediately put UNCheat at the top of the Fulmer Cup.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:58 PM   #1933
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickerspl80 View Post
My family is mostly NCSU and ECU fans and they take their football very seriously. Just go to Greenville and the whole city almost seems to have purple and gold on something. They also traveled very well when we played them this year.

Nice! Oh yeah, my family is full of pirates haha.. Just b/c Duke/UNC doesn't care as much about football, doesn't mean the entire state is the same.

Greenville is a s*** city, but they are passionate about their football and are spread throughout the state. Glad someone else knows that.. NC isn't just about basketball!
Old 01-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #1934
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1373
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisd9 View Post
By insinuating a team is handing out improper benefits ($$$) you are also insinuating the recruit is looking for improper benefits ($$$) since they are considering that school. I do not believe that is the case because if Da'Shawn is looking for improper benefits and we are in his top 5 does that mean we are handing out improper benefits. I do not believe this is the case.

Julius Peppers is a player that kids right now remember, especially on the east coast. He was from UNC and is a great player. If I was a big time DE recruit then I would be interested is seeing what the coaching is like since Peppers has been so successful.
That, I don't understand. UNC has a completely different coaching staff right now, than they had with Peppers. Now if he is going there because he wants to see a UNC basketball at least once in his life, than I understand. They are playing Maryland tomorrow, so maybe he is just going there to check out Chapel Hill and watch an ACC basketball game. Or maybe UNC is recruiting him really hard, and he wants to give them a good look. Or maybe, since he is a high academic guy, he is serious about checking them out. All three of those are better possibilities of why he is visiting UNC.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

Old 01-18-2013, 06:12 PM   #1935
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

^ LOL unc and academics.. that's a joke
Old 01-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #1936
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

oops near thread jack.

Last edited by LegalCock; 01-18-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #1937
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

CockyCash: 0
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material
Default Re: Braxton Berrios Thread (2014 Prospect)

I've been trying to think of who this guy reminds me of. Maybe he's not as fast, but the way he moves kind of reminds me of Antwaan Randle El. Anyone else think so?

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Old 01-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #1938
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

CockyCash: 0
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

I didn't realize this guy had such a strong arm. I just started watching his junior highlights on YouTube, and the very first play was a pass that was caught officially 40 yards from the line of scrimmage (the 25), but Barker was in the shotgun and took a three-step drop, so he threw the ball from the 15, without a "running" start. I'm impressed with that already.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:11 PM   #1939
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

Default Re: Jamardre Cobb Thread (2014 Prospect)

I know it's early, but do we have the chance for staying power with this guy and the other guy we offered from LA? If we did, it would be huge to have it with two guys from a state we've never really recruited.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:23 PM   #1940
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Anything new on him?
Closed Thread