CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Spurticus
TAFC 5 1981
sanford
usc1
gamecockgal
Gamecockfanatic4
smoovecock
StormOfTalons
robgusc76
Top 10 Reasons Why T (2169)
Jaguars Justin Black (848)
Spurrier vs Saban (804)
Kansas to invest $75 (757)
When does fall pract (725)
An Air Algerie Fligh (279)
Frank Caliendo + Mor (268)
Anyone Switching to (259)
Expect A Healthy Dos (253)
Darth Vader 'Vette (191)
Signee James Thompson arr
Texags
Coach's media golf press
Stephen Garcia AMA on Red
2015 - Nathan Gilliam
2015 - Amonte Caban
Baseball Recruiting Threa
Places to eat in Conway?
Spurrier vs Saban
Another A&M aggie off

Old 01-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #1
Gamecock Stock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecock Stock is crowing loudlyGamecock Stock is crowing loudlyGamecock Stock is crowing loudlyGamecock Stock is crowing loudlyGamecock Stock is crowing loudlyGamecock Stock is crowing loudlyGamecock Stock is crowing loudlyGamecock Stock is crowing loudlyGamecock Stock is crowing loudlyGamecock Stock is crowing loudlyGamecock Stock is crowing loudly
Default Based on the USA Today article, it looks like SEC schools will make

$25 million annually for the regular season averaged over the contract duration
$1.5 million annually establishing a SEC Network
$7.1 from post-season (SEC championship, playoffs and bowls).

That totals to $33.6 million annually per SEC school. If the SEC gets 2 of the 4 playoff spots (we would have this year and probably will most often do so), that will be $6 million more (for the 2nd SEC school) for the SEC. That would mean an additional $400,000 for each SEC school, bringing the annual total to $34 million annually to Carolina. If a SEC team gets invited to the Orange Bowl to play the ACC rep, that will be an extra $1.8 million per SEC school. Remember we already have the Sugar Bowl locked up for the SEC and the Big 12. Each of those 2 conferences will get $40 million from the Sug.

Compare that to the ACC. The TV deal they recently signed, spread out over the contract period, would give each ACC school $17 million annually. When you include the differences in bowl arrangements and how many teams conferences send to the playoff, SEC schools are probably going to make about $10 million more annually from TV revenues alone, than ACC schools will.

I had read last year from a Texas A&M source that Slive told them that the SEC payouts would be $34 million annually per school. Now I know how that number was arrived at.
Gamecock Stock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #2
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Re: Based on the USA Today article, it looks like SEC schools will make

$34 million a year.

DANG.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:12 PM   #3
Cocknfire55
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 244
Cocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot material

U jelly Clemson?
Cocknfire55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:26 PM   #4
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Can someone bring up the numbers for the other 3 conferences?
(PAC12, Big12, Big10)

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #5
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Will we still get to keep lots of stuff to sell to like fox sports carolinas or is that all going to the SEC network? Because that was another key advantage over the ACC contract. They had to give more football rights, which enraged FSU because they could sell that stuff to sunshine network for good $$$. I personally would watch lots of SEC baseball on the SEC network too if the coverage was good to decent. They aren't getting full value out of baseball right now imop.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #6
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock Stock View Post

That totals to $33.6 million annually per SEC school. If the SEC gets 2 of the 4 playoff spots (we would have this year and probably will most often do so), that will be $6 million more (for the 2nd SEC school) for the SEC. That would mean an additional $400,000 for each SEC school, bringing the annual total to $34 million annually to Carolina. If a SEC team gets invited to the Orange Bowl to play the ACC rep, that will be an extra $1.8 million per SEC school. Remember we already have the Sugar Bowl locked up for the SEC and the Big 12. Each of those 2 conferences will get $40 million from the Sug.

Compare that to the ACC. The TV deal they recently signed, spread out over the contract period, would give each ACC school $17 million annually. When you include the differences in bowl arrangements and how many teams conferences send to the playoff, SEC schools are probably going to make about $10 million more annually from TV revenues alone, than ACC schools will.

I had read last year from a Texas A&M source that Slive told them that the SEC payouts would be $34 million annually per school. Now I know how that number was arrived at.
And that my friends is one of the things will set us up for long term domination of the tiggers. The next shoe to fall for us to take another big step in recruiting is for them to fall flat on their face while we get all the in-state talent we want instead of splitting it like we do now. It's coming sooner than most people think.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #7
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
Will we still get to keep lots of stuff to sell to like fox sports carolinas or is that all going to the SEC network? Because that was another key advantage over the ACC contract. They had to give more football rights, which enraged FSU because they could sell that stuff to sunshine network for good $$$. I personally would watch lots of SEC baseball on the SEC network too if the coverage was good to decent. They aren't getting full value out of baseball right now imop.
Yea but college baseball doesn't pull in great ratings.
I'm only basing this off the CWS doing poorly every year

#LukeForMod

Old 01-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #8
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Maryland projected $32 million next season but $43 million after renegotiating contracts in 2017; they compared that to a $20 million estimate for the next two seasons when they decided to say peace out. Big 12 numbers are almost meaningless because they are not standardized.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #9
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Yea but college baseball doesn't pull in great ratings.
I'm only basing this off the CWS doing poorly every year

No doubt. All relative but SEC conference match-ups would develop a viewership over time. Lots of good programs to hype. I'm talking better than say world strongest man competitions.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #10
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

I'm not impressed with those numbers that OP is throwing out there. Especially if that is including the bowl money including the new champions bowl. We should be smoking the big 10 just given the demographics not to mention the viewership. Alumni base is not really a relevant metric.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #11
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Maryland projected $32 million next season but $43 million after renegotiating contracts in 2017; they compared that to a $20 million estimate for the next two seasons when they decided to say peace out. Big 12 numbers are almost meaningless because they are not standardized.
The big 12 adopted equal revenue sharing.
Once the conference lost A&M and got rid of Bebe they changed their revenue sharing.

#LukeForMod

Old 01-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #12
SwimCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

SwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock Stock View Post

Remember that the EZZ contract is backloaded so they will get less money in earlier years, while we will be raking in a much bigger gap. That is a lot of the reason why FSU was so pissed off.
SwimCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #13
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
I'm not impressed with those numbers that OP is throwing out there. Especially if that is including the bowl money including the new champions bowl. We should be smoking the big 10 just given the demographics not to mention the viewership. Alumni base is not really a relevant metric.
The big ten will have Chicago, DC and NY in their footprint with all the new additions.
That's probably why the Big Ten's will be greater.

#LukeForMod

Old 01-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #14
Gamecock Stock
Blue Chip

Male

Gamecock Stock is crowing loudlyGamecock Stock is crowing loudlyGamecock Stock is crowing loudlyGamecock Stock is crowing loudlyGamecock Stock is crowing loudlyGamecock Stock is crowing loudlyGamecock Stock is crowing loudlyGamecock Stock is crowing loudlyGamecock Stock is crowing loudlyGamecock Stock is crowing loudlyGamecock Stock is crowing loudly

Quote:
One thing to keep in mind is that the dollar goes a lot further in the South than in the Midwest. The cost-of-living is less down South. Heck drive up to Ohio and see the higher cost for gas. The cost for construction is lower. Lots of Northerners retire here with that being the reason.
Gamecock Stock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #15
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
The big ten will have Chicago, DC and NY in their footprint with all the new additions.
That's probably why the Big Ten's will be greater.
I'm going to doubt you on this one.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #16
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGamecock View Post
I'm going to doubt you on this one.
I'm talking about the Network deals.
Not the per year average.

#LukeForMod

Old 01-18-2013, 09:24 PM   #17
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
And that my friends is one of the things will set us up for long term domination of the tiggers. The next shoe to fall for us to take another big step in recruiting is for them to fall flat on their face while we get all the in-state talent we want instead of splitting it like we do now. It's coming sooner than most people think.

What reasons do you believe will flip recruiting in our favor? I have some thoughts but want to hear what you think.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:01 PM   #18
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Post the link..
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:23 PM   #19
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
What reasons do you believe will flip recruiting in our favor? I have some thoughts but want to hear what you think.
1. Morris leaves, they go back to horrid offense. This causes them to drop some games they have been winning on points alone.

2. They won't stand losing to us much longer and will fire Dabo. My guess, its when we hit 6 in a row. One thing he does well is recruit, and it takes an immediate dive.

3. Meanwhile we continue having better facilities because of the extra money. They all converge to make a big fall from clemsons current recruiting hauls.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:01 AM   #20
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

MONEY!!!!!!!!