CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
GSC2013
WeStillOwnUSC
18IsTheMan
Yearofthegamecock
GarnetSwarm1990
eightohhthree
robgusc76
ReadR00ster
b381l
AP Poll (1883)
The Refs (1814)
Richt asking the SEC (1727)
A tribute to the &qu (1480)
A UGA fans view of t (1380)
The CBS Sports Inter (1326)
Robin William's fake (1303)
ESPN is mad that USC (1230)
Defense Played Viole (1057)
The Road to Atlanta (987)
ESPN is mad that USC beat
Stadium atmosphere
Richt asking the SEC for
Vandy, Missouri, Kentucky
Worse 1st and goal play:
A UGA fans view of the ga
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
"It just hurts, man!
Dylan Thompson has been n
2015 - Darius Slayton

Old 01-13-2013, 06:20 PM   #201
1SCFanInPAUntilNow
Franchise Playa

Male

CockyCash: 9980800
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
Baltimore can take down the Pats. For those that hate on Lewis, they guy redefined the MLB position. Show me a guy in the same period who is better than he is.
I don't think anyone is questioning his ability on the field. Its the fact that he was heavily involved in the murder of a man.
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:21 PM   #202
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material
Default Re: NFL Playoffs!!!

No one hates Ray Lewis for what he did on the field.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:24 PM   #203
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

if you hate lewis for what he allegedly did off the field then you probably hate a lot of NFL players and college players.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:30 PM   #204
1SCFanInPAUntilNow
Franchise Playa

Male

1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material

Quote:
if you hate lewis for what he allegedly did off the field then you probably hate a lot of NFL players and college players.
Give me a few names in sports that were linked to murder and that were actually liked by fans.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #205
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SCFanInPAUntilNow View Post
Give me a few names in sports that were linked to murder and that were actually liked by fans.
I think its more that he is very good AND linked to a bad situation.

A guy like Donte Stallworth who killed someone while driving drunk...people dont seem to be so outspoken on him?
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #206
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
That's true.

As I do.

No one talks about Stallworth because he sucks.
Ray Lewis has become a key face of the league.

#LukeForMod

Old 01-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #207
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

I thought TimTebowTomBradyRGIIIAndrewLuckAdrianPetersonAaron Rodgers was the face of Football?

I do not know if people look at Ray like they look at those cats but I could be wrong. He is popular.

I would say he is the face in the way of saying people know who he is when he is not in uniform. That would put him up there with them definitely.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:13 PM   #208
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Year View Post
I thought TimTebowTomBradyRGIIIAndrewLuckAdrianPetersonAaron Rodgers was the face of Football?

I do not know if people look at Ray like they look at those cats but I could be wrong. He is popular.

I would say he is the face in the way of saying people know who he is when he is not in uniform. That would put him up there with them definitely.
He's one of the faces of the NFL that's for sure.

And definitely the Face of a Franchise that has had much success.

#LukeForMod

Old 01-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #209
1SCFanInPAUntilNow
Franchise Playa

Male

It will be interesting to see what happens with Ed Reed. Contract is up will he retire or leave town.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:53 PM   #210
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SCFanInPAUntilNow View Post
It will be interesting to see what happens with Ed Reed. Contract is up will he retire or leave town.
Also to add.

Ed Reed looks like a homeless man.

#LukeForMod

Old 01-13-2013, 07:55 PM   #211
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

I can't watch Ed Reed without thinking of Leonard Washington from Chappelle's Show.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:09 PM   #212
spareparts
1-9-9-9

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

As much as I despise the Patriots, I'd really like somebody to beat them but I just don't see it
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:16 PM   #213
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
As much as I despise the Patriots, I'd really like somebody to beat them but I just don't see it
yep
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #214
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

A couple of things here. The Ravens were never warm and fuzzy for me. I like Harbaugh, but I like his brother better ! The 49ers seem more like a college team, in their schemes and Tom Brady looks like he wants #4
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:17 PM   #215
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Well, I would just like to say "Go Falcons"!!
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:48 PM   #216
spareparts
1-9-9-9

Male

spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Patriots: The machine continues. They're like Duke, always there when the dust settles. I think the dynasty is ending, but like I said they're going out on top

Ravens: They're not getting a whole lot of respect. That could be a lot of trouble for New England

Niners: As uncomfortable as I am with their quarterback, they're getting it done. It's hard not to see them winning the whole thing with this formula

Falcons: It's hard to believe they're almost a Darkhorse in this crowd. They're going to have to play one hell of a game to get to the Super Bowl
Old 01-18-2013, 09:14 PM   #217
spareparts
1-9-9-9

Male

I'm leaning towards Baltimore. Rematch is gonna be brutal
Old 01-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #218
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I'm leaning towards Baltimore-Atlanta because everyone seems to be writing both teams off.

Last year it happened with the Giants 2 weeks in a row. I feel like it will happen this year too.

#LukeForMod

Old 01-18-2013, 10:43 PM   #219
spareparts
1-9-9-9

Male

At this point I'm not counting anyone out. There is no weak team in the 4. However, from what I saw last weekend, it's San Fran's to lose.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:45 PM   #220
Schecter
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

If Baltimore and Atlanta lose, I'm gonna be such a happy camper.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote