CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
IBleedGarnetandBlack
The Yancey
peterlemon
18IsTheMan
bcolinc
zcoop
Spurticus
Kyle76
ccured
The Demise of the 3- (2449)
East Carolina Predic (1640)
Why didn't Wes Green (1345)
A&M on 3rd down (723)
You guys are horribl (640)
Finally Cooled Off (607)
louisville (547)
Did we ever go after (517)
It's the offenses no (452)
Watching the Georgia (270)
The Demise of the 3-4
Uniform thread
2015 - Amonte Caban
All of our defensive play
USC vs. Texas A&M Pre
A&M on 3rd down
Finally Cooled Off
Recruiting Question
louisville
Watching the Georgia game

Old 01-20-2013, 03:53 PM   #61
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Re: UVA To Be Invited to Join Big 10 Early Next Week

Auburn looks up from a burrito: "mmhph....wait....you mean you CAN'T pay players?! Dang.... my bad!"
Old 01-20-2013, 09:55 PM   #62
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

seems like some wishful thinking from a mountaineer, but if he's got previously established credibility I'm ignorant of it.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #63
GamecockRocker
Cynical Optimist

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Y'all act like just because the ACC is ending that it will somehow hold Clemsux back, Clemson will move to the BIG 12 and still be relevant.

Unfortunately
the Big 12 is relevant? Srsly?
Old 01-21-2013, 01:03 PM   #64
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
So it begins. Again... I know normally the SEC wouldn't add two or more teams from the same state but Duke and UNC would be great moves for the SEC to move in basketball and UNC is a great baseball school as well. 18 teams won't work the SEC would have to expand to 20 for easier scheduling. I made this up a couple of weeks ago. Image a conference that extends from Oklahoma to Florida, from Texas to Virginia, from Kansas to North Carolina, from Atlantic Ocean to the plains of the Midwest. The SEC would dominate college athletics from now until the end of the time, image the money, image the markets, image the championships, and image the country hiding in fear when S-E-C is even mentioned, the SEC is hated right now but we will become the most feared conference in the United States.
With 4 divisions, how would you decide who went to the SECGC?
Old 01-21-2013, 01:25 PM   #65
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

CockyCash: 500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
SEC playoffs!
Old 01-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #66
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
My orginal post laid out the format for determining who goes. Keep the East and West Divisions Each with 2 subdivisonal pods with 5 teams each, however to determine who plays in the SECCG for their respective division will be overall SEC record with divisional and subdivision records used as tie breakers.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:43 PM   #67
The Brice
Recruit

Male

The Brice has earned his spursThe Brice has earned his spursThe Brice has earned his spursThe Brice has earned his spursThe Brice has earned his spursThe Brice has earned his spurs
Send a message via AIM to The Brice

No tennessee is actually hurting financially as stated by you AD.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #68
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material

I can see our rivalry going away if we head to big 12
Old 01-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #69
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wumarshall82 View Post
Might be best for you guys since you'd actually be playing better quality teams week in and week out ;)

I kid, I kid...

I agree, and you might be right. Hope it wouldn't be the case, though. I think the end of the Texas vs. Texas A&M rivalry would be a good example...
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #70
gamecockguy
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Why? We didn't drop yall when we became independent, or when we joined the SEC
gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #71
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Quote:
As a direct result of the fact that, to quote Dabo, it's no longer "a rivalry, it's a domination."
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #72
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Highly doubt it. The only difference is you would have more tests on your schedule than you do in the ACC. You have to remember if Clemson pulled that it would be like running away from the rivalry game due to the fact that we already play in the SEC which is a brutal schedule so a move to the Big 12 by those standards shouldn't affect it.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #73
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

nm
carolinacoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #74
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
There is no way in hell one of the most bitter rivalries in college football is going away the state legislature won't let it happen.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:02 PM   #75
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material

I hope it doesn't but it has happened in other places across the county with conference expansion and adding more conference games.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #76
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

I don't think the state will let it happen.

Besides texas doesn't care that they lost their little brother, OU is their rival

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:04 PM   #77
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Please tell me that you didn't just use "The dude" from WVU as a source.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:26 PM   #78
mater
Class of '02

Male

CockyCash: 100380
mater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot material

Will never happen. The Virginia General Assembly will not let it happen.

"When a suitcase just won't do."
mater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:41 PM   #79
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 991000000
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Quote:
What? CU leaving the MIGHTY ACC? Say it ain't so???

If CU had ANY intelligence at all, they should have been the 1st school to leave the ACC....... should have seen the writing on the wall.....

As for our rivalry, CU at this point would LOVE an excuse to get out of their annual beat down!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:00 PM   #80
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

I would like to see us win one and then call it quits. Ha ha. Jk jk