CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Acockolypse Now
COCKYTALKIN
thekob
sporkgod50
StormOfTalons
b381l
Rooster'srule
Lonnie
auslander
Elcid99 (1860)
Tennessee (1191)
PSU drops a prospect (986)
Erin Murray's brothe (759)
Question on Student (673)
Bad movies that are (546)
John Abraham DUI (474)
Camp scheduled relea (443)
Mizzou WR suspended (355)
Rokevious Watkins cu (244)
An Aggies View of the Mat
My predictions for 2014
Clemson Recruiting...how
Green and Lammons
Mizzou WR suspended for s
PSU drops a prospect beca
EVE Online
Elcid99
Best Offensive "Trip
Official SEC Network and

Old 01-22-2013, 02:10 PM   #121
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit
Default Re: UNC's Deke Adams is New DL Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Im not sure what the question mark is for
It's not really a school whose football program you think about as having great coaches. I was at NGU for the years of playing at East Side High School and the nations longest losing streak.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #122
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
It's not really a school whose football program you think about as having great coaches. I was at NGU for the years of playing at East Side High School and the nations longest losing streak.
25-12 over the last 3 seasons, with a Victory Bowl win and a trip to the quarter finals of the Division II playoffs, losing by 3 to a fully funded gulf south conference school in 2011.

This year finished the season winning 5 straight playing the season with 3 freshmen quarterbacks, a new coaching staff, and a slew of injuries. The program is in good hands. Long way since the Eastside days. Good recruiting class coming in as well.

You should come check it out sometime.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:30 PM   #123
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

I'm curious to see what this means for recruiting next cycle.
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #124
BuCockyfan
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
BuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his comb

Besides being a good recruiter, is there any evidence that he can COACH?
BuCockyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #125
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuCockyfan View Post
Dont be like that. its obvious by the way he moved up through the ranks that he can coach. he was brought along to unc by fedora which he didnt have to do. His job was secure and he had some good talent coming in under his watch.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #126
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuCockyfan View Post
Well, he has been coaching college defenses since 1997, and he was a really good college player on defense himself it seems at one point.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:02 PM   #127
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

I don't see it as a GREAT hire. Seems to me it was one of those "it's all who you know" type of deals. He hasn't proved anything! Name one thing he's done that makes this a home run hire?
Old 01-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #128
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 180386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

I dont think its a home run but I see it as a solid double off the wall
Old 01-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #129
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

I just wonder how they even knew about this guy within a day of Lawing leaving. Does he have some previous relationship with Spurrier or Ward or anyone with the program?
Old 01-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #130
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
I don't see it as a GREAT hire. Seems to me it was one of those "it's all who you know" type of deals. He hasn't proved anything! Name one thing he's done that makes this a home run hire?
Who would you have hired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingBrooks View Post
I dont think its a home run but I see it as a solid double off the wall
Agree. Very very solid double off the wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
I just wonder how they even knew about this guy within a day of Lawing leaving. Does he have some previous relationship with Spurrier or Ward or anyone with the program?
He worked with Grady Brown at USM. Joe Robinson actually coached him.
EveryThingGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #131
mpilot0705
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 498700
mpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to mpilot0705

Quote:
Named the number 12 recruiter in the country? Or maybe that's not good enough....not sure what pleases you people anymore.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:20 PM   #132
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

Why do people act like we are supposed to get a home run hire. I'm mean several years ago everybody wanted brian van gorder for the DC. Look how that worked out for Awwburn. Seriously Coach adams is a solid recruiter( which we need big time) Also he is coaching less talented D-lines and producing. Regardless of who the play (Acc) he did well last year. He can only go against the conference he is in. I like this Hire. He is young , willing, driven, and knows the position. I think we will be very happy with him and Whammy next year. Good Job Steve and crew for getting a reasonably great hire!!!
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #133
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

The more moves we make the more I'm convinced Ward's our next head coach.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #134
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

[quote=EveryThingGreen;3647687]Who would you have hired?

Good way to change the subject but my choices would have been.

Brick Haley

Old 01-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #135
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

Spurrier is going into his 9th season as head coach here and people are still questioning him and his hires...amazing
Old 01-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #136
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

[quote=Carolina4Life;3647696]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryThingGreen View Post
Who would you have hired?

Good way to change the subject but my choices would have been.

Brick Haley

Are we living in fantasy land or reality?

LSU defensive line coach is going to leave LSU for South Carolina, for the same job? No. Never.
EveryThingGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:31 PM   #137
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Has to be close to a HR, we get a top 20 recruiter from the state of NC and an experienced/established DL coach from a BCS conference the day after we lose our DL coach in the middle of the most important recruiting period of the year and he recruits the same area. GREAT HIRE! Best of luck to Coach Lawing unless he is playing the GAMECOCKS, he gave USC 17 great years and represented the team, school and state very well.
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:32 PM   #138
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
The more moves we make the more I'm convinced Ward's our next head coach.

He will be a head coach relatively soon (especially given that he's a second year DC) if he wants to and continues his success, but that's the great thing about coaching defense for spurrier. He lets you run the defense. Which means, among other things, you can hire the guys you want to. He will also fire your ass, however, if you don't produce.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #139
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Regarded as one of the nation's best recruiters, and he put a defensive tackle in the pros from Southern Miss.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #140
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

What can you say? No one knows if this is a good or bad hire right now. However, its pretty obvious that SOS knew enough about the guy that he wanted to get him hired before the door hit Lawing I'm the butt. I'm inclined to think its a good hire. He has a great reputation as a recruiter. Ask Tennessee how much it means to have an ace recruiter. They had Rodney Gardner pulling in studs for them left and right. He went to Georgia, and soon they were pulling in the best classes they ever had while Tennessee was struggling to beat Vandy.

Trust SOS. He's won more here than any other coach in our history. He deserves the benefit of the doubt.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote