CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
bcolinc
ConwayGamecock
Latti
Gamecocks1137
usc1
The Yancey
kingofnerf
FanofCarolina1
Storm Of Spurs
Decommitment from Te (1137)
Duck Bowl Depth Char (876)
Cleveland Browns Hea (722)
Garcia and Clemsux T (702)
Four USC Basketball (370)
Need a dog kennel (310)
NCAAB: CLEMSON @ SOU (242)
Bowl packages (206)
Former Gamecock root (200)
5 apps to turn your (200)
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
Former Gamecock rooting f
The Vent and Coaching cha
QB Next Season?
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
looks like we have 2 OL r
The U ends apparel deal w
So, why is next year goin
Duck Bowl Depth Chart

Old 01-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #21
ccured
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material
Default Re: Suggs Says Pats Are Just Arrogant SOB: From Belichick On Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockinraleigh View Post
I thought the Ravens dropped a TD pass last year and then proceeded to miss the tying FG?
That was a td catch. He had possession in the endzone and didnt go to the ground. Thus they got screwed
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:23 AM   #22
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Someone hates the patriots much....

I was just talking about Spy Gate. If Spy Gate was such a big deal they wouldn't have been good in the regular season all these years. Actually their offensive production went up, while defensive production went down.
Regular season and postseason are two different animals. I don't hate them at all, but knowing what your opponent is going to do for his first 5-6 offensive series is pretty helpful.

The thing that annoys me the most about the Patriots is the "no respect" card that often gets played. Even when they were undefeated in the regular season and going for the full undefeated season they were saying that in interviews, "no one respects us, no one thinks we can do it, etc." Actually everyone thought you could do it, no one picked the Giants to win that year. I guess some guys need to pump the rest of the team up or something I just don't like ignoring reality to do it.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:35 AM   #23
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Regular season and postseason are two different animals. I don't hate them at all, but knowing what your opponent is going to do for his first 5-6 offensive series is pretty helpful.

The thing that annoys me the most about the Patriots is the "no respect" card that often gets played. Even when they were undefeated in the regular season and going for the full undefeated season they were saying that in interviews, "no one respects us, no one thinks we can do it, etc." Actually everyone thought you could do it, no one picked the Giants to win that year. I guess some guys need to pump the rest of the team up or something I just don't like ignoring reality to do it.
So what you're saying is they only filmed teams during the postseason?

Hmmmm

Also before I get labeled a fan go check my previous posts about the patriots in the playoffs thread.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #24
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Pats aren't as good as they used to be....they had better players on both sides of the ball once upon a time.

Kinda like those old '49er teams that won so much...lots of good players ganged up on one team for a number of years.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:02 PM   #25
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
So what you're saying is they only filmed teams during the postseason?

Hmmmm

Also before I get labeled a fan go check my previous posts about the patriots in the playoffs thread.
No, they were caught filming teams all the time, even during the regular season. The tapes that were destroyed were never made public, we were just told that they weren't of the Rams.

I am not trying to say that the only reason they ever won was because they filmed walk-throughs. They are a very good team with a very good coach. They win a lot of regular season games because of that. But knowing what the other guy is doing, especially the signals that he is using for that game is a huge advantage. Other players commented that players on the Patriots defense would call out the play that was coming to other members of the defense before the ball was snapped. If you don't think that an advantage, I don't know what to tell you.

The fact that Roger Goddell destroyed the tape and fined them so much tells me everything I need to know. The tape was a competitive advantage, and it was of a game that he did not want anyone to ever know about.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:06 PM   #26
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

I agree it was a competitive advantage but not to the extent people are trying to make it sound.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:25 PM   #27
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
I agree it was a competitive advantage but not to the extent people are trying to make it sound.
I largely agree with you, but its one of those things that will be said if they continue to lose in the playoffs and Super Bowls. A little asterisk, like they tried to do with the Spurs championship of '99 and LeBron's last season which were both shortened years. It's just a little jab people give if they aren't a fan of the Patriots, "you haven't won one since Spygate." I doubt most people that do it even think Spygate was the major reason their success occurred, its just fun to watch Pats fans get mad about it.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #28
USCooper
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
USCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot material

I'm just glad I don't have to endure another super bowl with the patriots invovled. Thank you ravens.
USCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:00 PM   #29
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

He's a great coach but seems to be a jack-ass. But I don't really care.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #30
jcook84
Face Melter

Male

CockyCash: 2300
jcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudly

It really pisses me off to see how that dude dresses on the sidelines...I know we're far from the days of Landry and Lombardi wearing suits on Sundays, but ffs he's a professional, he shouldn't be wearing some ratty ass sweatshirt he cut up with the trainer's trauma shears.

I just know my momma wouldn't let me dress like that in public, no matter how grown I was.

/rant
jcook84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #31
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 840000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Suggs would know arrogant and pompous...after all, he plays with Ray Lewis.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #32
Schecter
Banned

Male

Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

Suggs looks like an alien.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:04 PM   #33
jcook84
Face Melter

Male

jcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter View Post
Suggs is an alien.
ftfy.

Guy runs his suck too much. Was awesome in college, has become a prima donna in the NFL.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:08 PM   #34
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

As a Dolphins fan, I could give two poops about the Pats. I hope the Dolphins pick up Ace in the draft. Ace and Tannyhill could make a great combo.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #35
jcook84
Face Melter

Male

I'm praying for Ace. Seems like a risky choice, but surely he's gotten some good advice from someone.

If the 'Skins don't have a shot at Marcus in the 4th round, hopefully they can grab Ace. (even though they need size at receiver)
Old 01-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #36
Schecter
Banned

Male

Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

I mean look at him.. He's like a weird cross between Sam Cassel and E.T. His tooth-to-gum ratio is way off.

Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:21 PM   #37
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcook84 View Post
It really pisses me off to see how that dude dresses on the sidelines...I know we're far from the days of Landry and Lombardi wearing suits on Sundays, but ffs he's a professional, he shouldn't be wearing some ratty ass sweatshirt he cut up with the trainer's trauma shears.

I just know my momma wouldn't let me dress like that in public, no matter how grown I was.

/rant
I'm guessing it has more to do with superstition than anything else.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #38
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcook84 View Post
I'm praying for Ace. Seems like a risky choice, but surely he's gotten some good advice from someone.

If the 'Skins don't have a shot at Marcus in the 4th round, hopefully they can grab Ace. (even though they need size at receiver)
Marcus isn't falling to the 4th round.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #39
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I mean look at him.. He's like a weird cross between Sam Cassel and E.T. His tooth-to-gum ratio is way off.

"yes, that was me in the lord of the rings" har har har.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:39 PM   #40
jcook84
Face Melter

Male

Quote:
His tooth-to-gum ratio is way off.
Lol, gingivitis much?