CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Travelin
Sandstorm29
Spurticus
B-G
rioninusc
markymark550
GarnetSwarm1990
Jim Lahey
Regalcock
kingoftheroost
looks like we have 2 (1239)
**USC vs. Clemson GA (703)
Abu Bowl Ready (624)
Beat Miami (529)
Decommitment from Te (390)
Garcia and Clemsux T (376)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBA (369)
Frank Martin's Game (367)
Duck Bowl Depth Char (314)
Need a dog kennel (109)
NCAAB: CLEMSON @ SOUTH CA
2014 - 2015 Atlanta Brave
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
Previewing Clemson
So, why is next year goin
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10"
5 Gourmet Foods That Used
Duck Bowl Depth Chart
24 restaurants foodies co
5 apps to turn your smart

Old 01-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #21
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material
Default Re: 6 Insane Coincidences You Won't Believe Actually Happened

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
I am not a prude either. There is a right time and context to use it. However, the dude was so far over the top just inserting words in places it didn't belong that it was gratuitous and uncalled for.

It's almost like he was cursing for the first time so he started it inserting words everywhere because he wasn't sure how to do it.
Have you ever read Cracked before, or was this your first visit?
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #22
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezy View Post
Have you ever read Cracked before, or was this your first visit?
I believe it was my first visit.

Again, I don't mind cursing. But cursing needs to have a point. It should be used for emphasis. If you're throwing it in every other sentence because you just want to curse, then you're not a very good writer.

Cursing just to curse without a purpose behind it, especially in writing, is awful to read. Done in the right places in the right context, it's fine. But there were f bombs in there that just weren't called for and were out of place. That is what made me cringe - poor writing, not the cursing itself.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #23
KC85
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
KC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudly

Quote:
That is the "voice" of cracked.com, and really, much of Internet culture. It's their style. If one doesn't "get it" they will probably not understand...
Good for you that you get it. it's alot like childs play.
KC85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:12 PM   #24
Cheezy
Banned

Male

Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
I believe it was my first visit.

Again, I don't mind cursing. But cursing needs to have a point. It should be used for emphasis. If you're throwing it in every other sentence because you just want to curse, then you're not a very good writer.

Cursing just to curse without a purpose behind it, especially in writing, is awful to read. Done in the right places in the right context, it's fine. But there were f bombs in there that just weren't called for and were out of place. That is what made me cringe - poor writing, not the cursing itself.
I don't disagree with you, I'm just pointing out that they're breaking the rule of cursing just to curse on purpose. It's in the same vein of the super hyperbolic parody ads, if you've ever seen those. They aren't shitty writers who don't understand how to use cursing. They're quite aware of their terrible writing, and are using it ironically for a point. The f bombs were out of place on purpose. It's not to everyone's taste. Neither is British humor. Humor is subjective, and to say one is better than the other would be an opinion and not fact.

**** examples of those parody ads that were an extremely popular meme for a while ****

http://assets.extremeadvertisements....ed/gameboy.jpg
http://img1.joyreactor.com/pics/post...ad-378511.jpeg
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Hol...5b_2120449.jpg
Old 01-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #25
Cheezy
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC85 View Post
Good for you that you get it. it's alot like childs play.
You are correct. It is extremely immature. It's suppose to be, is the point I'm trying to get across.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #26
KC85
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
KC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudly

Quote:
You are correct. It is extremely immature. It's suppose to be, is the point I'm trying to get across.
Must be why you like it right?
KC85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:38 PM   #27
Cheezy
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC85 View Post
Must be why you like it right?
Once again, I'm not arguing whether or not I like it. I simply pointing out that it was done with stylistic purpose, and that it is not the unintended outcome of a poor writer with a limited vocabulary. It is the intended result. It is immature on purpose. Whether or not I enjoy it is irrelevant to the discussion.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #28
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Once again, I'm not arguing whether or not I like it. I simply pointing out that it was done with stylistic purpose, and that it is not the unintended outcome of a poor writer with a limited vocabulary. It is the intended result. It is immature on purpose. Whether or not I enjoy it is irrelevant to the discussion.
Not everything published has merit. If people want to write in that style, whatever. It doesn't make it "good" because it caters to a base taste.

GWAR has followers but that does not mean that they produce music that is good.

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote