CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
U-Dub Gamecock
markymark550
Gamecocks1137
l^l^lBGCock
Lonnie
johnnyb
A. Pilgrim
Regalcock
Travelin
We Have to Pass (2666)
Rivalry Thoughts and (2645)
How is Shaq Davidson (1400)
This would be awesom (1162)
Perspective on our g (980)
Currently 2nd in att (788)
SEC referees? (686)
Defense and offense (479)
Alshon - Bose (395)
Ced Cooper (#18) sta (371)
How cool would it be to..
Name a Gamecock
weekend conference Predic
Alshon - Bose
We Have to Pass
Perspective on our game f
Ced Cooper (#18) status?
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Dragon Age Origins free!
How is Shaq Davidson's re

Old 01-21-2013, 06:20 AM   #1
chiken
Cock a da yard

Male

CockyCash: 500
chiken has earned his spurschiken has earned his spurschiken has earned his spurschiken has earned his spurschiken has earned his spurschiken has earned his spurschiken has earned his spurs
Default Moving on up

Article says the Michigan vs South Carolina highest tv viewership for a non BCS game ever!http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...?sct=uk_bf4_a8
Old 01-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #2
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Moving on up

You can thank Clowney and Lewan for that.
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:12 PM   #3
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

That's awesome. Another reason for bowl selection committees to look favorably upon us.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:01 PM   #4
Mechanical Cock
Blue Chip

Male

Mechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPit

And that while UGA was playing another Big10 team in the same time slot shouldn't be overlooked.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #5
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Clemson fans claim chicken bowl was best

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:43 PM   #6
uscgrad68
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 616
uscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiken View Post
Article says the Michigan vs South Carolina highest tv viewership for a non BCS game ever!http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...?sct=uk_bf4_a8
See the updated TV viewership numbers. http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2013...op-the-charts/
uscgrad68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #7
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

They shouldn't overlap the Outback and the Cap One at the same time slot. That's stupid. They could still do the Rose with a 5:30 start time and do a 12 and 3 start times for the other 2 games.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:19 PM   #8
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
They shouldn't overlap the Outback and the Cap One at the same time slot. That's stupid. They could still do the Rose with a 5:30 start time and do a 12 and 3 start times for the other 2 games.
Truth is, there are just too many bowls.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:24 PM   #9
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgrad68 View Post
See the updated TV viewership numbers. http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2013...op-the-charts/
These numbers are not what the article in the OP says.
Oh wait never mind.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:33 PM   #10
FilchCock
4-Star

Male

FilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
No. Such. Thing.
FilchCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:08 AM   #11
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

I think we have made amends with the Outback Bowl.

Last edited by uscsandstorm85; 01-22-2013 at 01:19 AM.
uscsandstorm85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:09 AM   #12
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post

Yep. Kick the cap one off in the normal 3 or 3:30 slot. I never understand why they do that. It's supposed to have all this football on new years, but its way less than even a normal saturday and there's that huge gap.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:21 AM   #13
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
These numbers are not what the article in the OP says.
Oh wait never mind.
I am a little confused. The second article says that the Outback had way more viewers in 2010 and 2011, but somehow the SC-Michigan and CFA bowls were the most viewers ESPN has had? Was the Outback on a different network last season?
Old 01-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #14
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
I am a little confused. The second article says that the Outback had way more viewers in 2010 and 2011, but somehow the SC-Michigan and CFA bowls were the most viewers ESPN has had? Was the Outback on a different network last season?
Yea the article's quote is different from what the OP says.
The outback and CFA got 2 of the highest TV ratings from non BCS Games played on ESPN.

Last year the outback was on ABC

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #15
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post

There can never be too much CFB. What else are you going to watch on December 28 at 7:00? Reruns of some bad network sitcom? The Christmas Holidays give us very little good TV, so why not have some CFB on TV?

I enjoy seeing programs like ULM that never have been in bowls get a chance to compete in a game that means a bunch to their players & fans. Until this year, I always found the Liberty Bowl interesting b/c it gave the CUSA Champ a shot at the SEC on a neutral field.

Hopefully the SEC will pick up a couple bowls in Texas vs the PAC 12. I think a SEC-PAC 12 game at the Alamo Dome or in Houston could do very well. Would be much more interesting than a SEC-Big East Bowl at that dump Legion Field.
LakeMonticelloCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:09 PM   #16
B&GSpur
Blue Chip

Male

B&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilchCock View Post
No. Such. Thing.
Yeah, your right, maybe they could add, THE GARBAGE BOWL, with the two worst D1 teams playing each other.
B&GSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #17
6891gener
Banned

Male

6891gener has feathers coming in6891gener has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgrad68 View Post
So in other words, not only was the SC/Michigan game not the #1 non-BCS bowl in terms of viewership, but it had the largest decrease in viewers from last year to this year?
6891gener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:17 PM   #18
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&GSpur View Post
Yeah, your right, maybe they could add, THE GARBAGE BOWL, with the two worst D1 teams playing each other.
That's actually a hilarious idea.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #19
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

I think having a multitude of bowls is not necessary for the average football fan, but I think it's great for the students of the teams that make the bowls and get to travel. If we can just make it so that colleges aren't on the hook for large amounts of money just to go, then I'm all for more bowls, for the sake of those students.

If the bowl games don't matter (to you), then don't watch them. I'd rather see college football than whatever else might be on.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #20
GamecockInHell
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1022824
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I love to read all the comments on articles like this one. The Big 10 losers were out in force. According to them we won because we got a "gift". In nearly every game the team from the SEC played a team that finished higher in their conference than they did. And won the majority of them. But they are right that there are just too many bowl games and possibly too many games as well.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote