CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ReadR00ster
A. Pilgrim
Regalcock
thekob
NineInchSpurs
jrussjr
WeStill0wnUSC
2000grad
B-G
CCC
Davis dinged up agai (2453)
ECU fan here (1791)
Freaky Coincidence o (1542)
New Photos by Travis (1322)
Defensive stand-arou (1187)
For the love of God! (1086)
Quarles is a Colt! (941)
Hatin' Ass Spurrier (652)
Wake Forest recruiti (576)
Winston (571)
Making the Trip to Kentuc
2014-15 Premier League se
New Photos by Travis Bell
Brad Guzan
Well, as it turns out, we
2015 Chris Silva PF (6-9,
Winston
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
USC/Tennessee 11/1/2014
SOS: No QB controversy

Old 01-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #181
OLDCHARLESTONIAN
African Tater Game Hunter

Male

CockyCash: 200
OLDCHARLESTONIAN is sharpening his clawsOLDCHARLESTONIAN is sharpening his clawsOLDCHARLESTONIAN is sharpening his clawsOLDCHARLESTONIAN is sharpening his claws
Default Re: UNC's Deke Adams is New DL Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
I think people's biggest problem is they are disappointed about Lawing leaving but they don't know how to handle it. Yes his leaving sucks, he's one of the best in the business, but its over and done and there is nothing else to say about it. The only thing to do is to find someone else, and let's face it, coming here from LSU or Alabama or Florida or Georgia is highly unlikely, and we'd look like morons going to all of them and being told no. The majority of them, if anything, would use it for a raise. They have no ties to the program, and they are getting paid plenty.

One good thing to do is find a guy who has proven himself when he has been given opportunity and also shows some real coaching potential. Being a good recruiter is also a major advantage, as Darrin Horn proved if you can't recruit you die. So all in all, it was a good hire, the coaches chose him, everyone should try to be positive about it. In the grand scheme of things that have happened to us in the offseason's past this is actually pretty tame.
Agree, but I thought the Bama D-line coach played here at Carolina.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #182
TheUSCMike
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 4250
TheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
You love the guy, good for you. Not everyone here does. I agree that he is our best coach ever, but has to win us a championship to come off my list for his part in setting our program back as far as it was. The guy is not perfect, he makes mistakes.
Let me make sure I understand this. Are you saying he did his part to set our program back by beating us like a drum when he was coaching fla.? Would you have liked him better if he had said "you know, one day I might be coaching at South Carolina so I think I'll throw them a bone every now and then and let them win a game so they'll like me better up there."?

TheUSCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:41 PM   #183
pitchcock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 29795000
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

I'm not sure what's wrong with some of you guys.

Adams is a highly regarded recruiter and DL coach. His territory at UNC is largely what his territory here will be, so he doesn't have to waste time cultivating relationships with hs staffs. He's already familiar with some of the guys we're recruiting, so he doesn't have to start from scratch. He was able to step in quickly, right before signing day. And he's already familiar with a couple of our coaches.

And one guy thinks we're going to get the DL coach from LSU to come on down to Columbia... Some of y'all have lost touch with reality.

It sounds like Adams is a fit with our staff, and that's what matters. If all we wanted was a top line DL coach who was a great recruiter, we could've salvaged Ed Orgeron from that dumpster fire at SoCal. Of course, his fit with our staff would've been like a square peg in a round hole.
pitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:45 PM   #184
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
You love the guy, good for you. Not everyone here does. I agree that he is our best coach ever, but has to win us a championship to come off my list for his part in setting our program back as far as it was. The guy is not perfect, he makes mistakes.
robgusc76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:49 PM   #185
толстый Cock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
толстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
You're an idiot.
Some just like the attention.
толстый Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #186
jwindham7812
Walk On

Male

jwindham7812 has hatched from the shell

UNC was one of Da'Shawn Hand's top 5. Maybe this will work out after all.
jwindham7812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:01 PM   #187
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
I just wonder how they even knew about this guy within a day of Lawing leaving. Does he have some previous relationship with Spurrier or Ward or anyone with the program?
Bingo!
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:01 PM   #188
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 0
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Looks like from the P&C article, this hire was icing on the cake for him. He mentioned it more than once so I'm assuming the man likes cake. Me too. I like cake.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #189
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

i am liking this hand guy now. we actually may have a leg up. yes, yes, i know he had a different recruiter. but, deke has to coach the guy. if the combination of south carolina and his coaching style fits, then i think we may see Mr. Hand.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:14 PM   #190
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Deke knows and is friends with Grady Brown from their coaching time at Southern Miss. He has known Joe Rob for years who actually coached him 1 year (I think) at Southern Miss, and so has known him for years. These past relationships are what helps coaching and recruiting going forward and not taking a step backward. We could not have possibly hired a coach with a better fit, who knows football and is ranked as one of the best recruiters in the country. Throwing money at problems never solves anything.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:39 PM   #191
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
He will be a head coach relatively soon (especially given that he's a second year DC) if he wants to and continues his success, but that's the great thing about coaching defense for spurrier. He lets you run the defense. Which means, among other things, you can hire the guys you want to. He will also fire your ass, however, if you don't produce.
As it should be.
All is well in Columbia, SC.
This thread is just our young ones going thru withdrawal; no more college football for a while.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #192
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Deke knows and is friends with Grady Brown from their coaching time at Southern Miss. He has known Joe Rob for years who actually coached him 1 year (I think) at Southern Miss, and so has known him for years. These past relationships are what helps coaching and recruiting going forward and not taking a step backward. We could not have possibly hired a coach with a better fit, who knows football and is ranked as one of the best recruiters in the country. Throwing money at problems never solves anything.
Sums up my thoughts.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #193
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

A coaching staff is crap without continuity. It appears Adams is a great fit and will be on the same page with everyone. Great hire.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:51 PM   #194
jcook84
Face Melter

Male

CockyCash: 2300
jcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
i think we may see Mr. Hand.
Would be the most badass thing to ever happen in my life.
Attached Images

jcook84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #195
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Please tell me how he set the program back
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #196
scfanz
Game MVP

Male

scfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot material

I hear that after a year away from real football (Chapel Hill), Coach Adams couldn't wait to get back into coaching. Welcome to the real Carolina.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:11 PM   #197
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
HOW DARE YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION THAN ME.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #198
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDCHARLESTONIAN View Post
Agree, but I thought the Bama D-line coach played here at Carolina.
He did.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #199
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcook84 View Post
Would be the most badass thing to ever happen in my life.
awesome..was wonderin if someone would get it.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:26 PM   #200
jcook84
Face Melter

Male

CockyCash: 2300
jcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
awesome..was wonderin if someone would get it.
Best. Movie. Ever.
jcook84 is offline   Reply With Quote