CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
PageUSC
KaneisAble
doubledribble
pitchcock
GarnetSwarm1990
roosterdude21
Gamecocks1137
Jmansour333
MountainCock
thumpin big
Busta out indefinite (2092)
SOS says his next st (1772)
Our Road Upset Wins (1573)
CBSSports SEC predic (868)
Our Defense? (837)
No easy road for our (679)
University of Buffal (563)
Michael Sams done in (360)
SEC Football Legend: (330)
Party like it's 1903 (327)
2016 Thon Marker
Our Defense?
SC vs Auburn -- Playmaker
Why is everyone anticipat
Anyone Making The Trip?
CFN prediction for auburn
Bama @ Tennessee
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Roll call for Auburn

Old 01-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #201
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material
Default Re: UNC's Deke Adams is New DL Coach

His perfect opposite
Old 01-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #202
superfly
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 900
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material

I think Lawing is a wonderful coach but after going through a divorce myself, I know how distracting it can be. I would guess that the players and other coaches would notice the day to day changes and that could very well effect this team and the preparation for the up coming season. I wish him the best but I also changed jobs, city, and relationships for peace of mind. It works very well.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:00 PM   #203
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

CockyCash: 500
gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

Welcome to USC coach Adams. I have heard good things about you.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:01 PM   #204
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDCHARLESTONIAN View Post
Agree, but I thought the Bama D-line coach played here at Carolina.
He coached and Clemson also and him and Spurrier are rumored to not be on the best terms. So if that's true i'm glad we didn't hire him.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:08 PM   #205
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Please tell me how he set the program back
By dominating us and humliating us on the field and by running up the score with leaving his starting quarterback in blowout games well into the fourth quarter, and building a juggernaut football program in our division. I know many would forgive him easily and or not hold this against him at all, well I do. He was a man I saw as an enemy for years, the competition, the evil emperor if you will, and it takes a lot for my feelings to chang about that. Don't get me wrong, he is the best coach I think we could have and I want here as long as he wants to coach here. But I feel like he owes us to undo the harm he has done and that won't be completely undone until he gets us to the level he got his Florida program and for that he needs to win us 1 championship at least. I'm glad we're getting close.

Back on the subject, though. I like the hire of Adams. I like that we responded quickly. People are upset because they wanted Rumph and are whining they didn't get their guy. But I feel like Rumph is probably overvalued. I can't tell you why Bama wanted him. Bama is going to get stud players without the need for hard recruiting. Did Bama feel like they made a "Homerrun Hire" when they hired Rumph? I don't see all that much that impresses me prior to his last two years at Bama. Defensive line coach at Clemson and linebackers coach at Memphis. That's it? I think Rumph feels like he has proved himself by being hired by Bama. I think Adams is out to prove himself and will work harder.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:12 PM   #206
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
Serious question... not meant as a flame, just trying to make sure I am not putting words in your mouth that you didn't say...

Didn't you at one point this season say that you would rather have James Franklin as our coach than Steve Spurrier? Let me know if that is wrong.

If you had to pick one to coach our team going forward, would you choose Steve Spurrier or James Franklin?
No. I don't like James Franklin that much. You have the wrong person.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:14 PM   #207
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Glad we didn't get Rumph. Despite all the ridiculous talent they get year after year you never really see any dynamic pass rushers like we've been lucky enough to have the past few years.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:23 PM   #208
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
No. I don't like James Franklin that much. You have the wrong person.
Someone was saying that after we lost to Florida and I was thinking it was you. My bad... Can't remember who it was.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:24 PM   #209
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
By dominating us and humliating us on the field and by running up the score with leaving his starting quarterback in blowout games well into the fourth quarter, and building a juggernaut football program in our division. I know many would forgive him easily and or not hold this against him at all, well I do. He was a man I saw as an enemy for years, the competition, the evil emperor if you will, and it takes a lot for my feelings to chang about that. Don't get me wrong, he is the best coach I think we could have and I want here as long as he wants to coach here. But I feel like he owes us to undo the harm he has done and that won't be completely undone until he gets us to the level he got his Florida program and for that he needs to win us 1 championship at least. I'm glad we're getting close.

Back on the subject, though. I like the hire of Adams. I like that we responded quickly. People are upset because they wanted Rumph and are whining they didn't get their guy. But I feel like Rumph is probably overvalued. I can't tell you why Bama wanted him. Bama is going to get stud players without the need for hard recruiting. Did Bama feel like they made a "Homerrun Hire" when they hired Rumph? I don't see all that much that impresses me prior to his last two years at Bama. Defensive line coach at Clemson and linebackers coach at Memphis. That's it? I think Rumph feels like he has proved himself by being hired by Bama. I think Adams is out to prove himself and will work harder.
So it was spurrier's fault. Not the coaches who didnt recruit the talent, or prepare the teams the way they should have been prepared, or it wasnt the players who were know for not giving 100% every game. It was spurrier?

So what about a team like Georgia which has been beaten by SPurrier terribly but is still in the top teams every year? Your theory is not only flawed its stupid. Ive even got friends who are clemson fans that say that is an idiotic statement.
robgusc76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #210
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:

You mean what you hold agaist him was the fact he did his job at UF? Seriously? When you are a National Championship contender you need to humiliate teams because that is how you get into the top 2 with a chance to play for a title. The harm you're talking about has been done by Richt, was done by Fulmer, ect. Steve Spurrier has given us the best teams in our history with a bright future still in front of us. If you haven't forgiven him yet you never will. Personally I forgave him at his press conference when we hired him because he became a Gamecock.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:47 PM   #211
Percy Jackson
Walk On

Male

Percy Jackson has feathers coming inPercy Jackson has feathers coming in

Quote:

Dude, stop already. Your reality check bounced a few posts ago.
Percy Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #212
Uhaul
Place At The Table! Wooo!

Male

Uhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPit

Quote:
Epic fail.
Uhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:33 PM   #213
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

peterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhaul View Post
Epic fail.
I embarrassed for readrooster!
peterlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:34 PM   #214
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

LOL, ROOster!
Old 01-22-2013, 10:38 PM   #215
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
You mean what you hold agaist him was the fact he did his job at UF? Seriously? When you are a National Championship contender you need to humiliate teams because that is how you get into the top 2 with a chance to play for a title. The harm you're talking about has been done by Richt, was done by Fulmer, ect. Steve Spurrier has given us the best teams in our history with a bright future still in front of us. If you haven't forgiven him yet you never will. Personally I forgave him at his press conference when we hired him because he became a Gamecock.
Well, good for you. People are allowed to have different opinions and like and dislike people for whatever reason. Forgive him for you feel is enough, and I will do the same. And as far as Fulmer and Richt, when they become coach here and win a championship I'll scratch them off the list. Too many people on here are far too concern with what the others on here think. A Gamecock fan who loves his team went to school at USC has chip on his shoulder about Spurrier, yet respects and appreciates what he is trying to do here without being a Steve Spurrier cheerleader, compliments him on a good hire and get's and gets bashed for it and the mods have to get involved. Sorry I'm not playing this game with y'all anymore. I'm not going to kiss Steve Spurrier, rear end with the rest of y'all, I say "good job" "bad job" as I see it. I'll start kissing his rear when he wins a championship.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:42 PM   #216
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Well, good for you. People are allowed to have different opinions and like and dislike people for whatever reason. Forgive him for you feel is enough, and I will do the same. And as far as Fulmer and Richt, when they become coach here and win a championship I'll scratch them off the list. Too many people on here are far too concern with what the others on here think. A Gamecock fan who loves his team went to school at USC has chip on his shoulder about Spurrier, yet respects and appreciates what he is trying to do here without being a Steve Spurrier cheerleader, compliments him on a good hire and get's and gets bashed for it and the mods have to get involved. Sorry I'm not playing this game with y'all anymore.
Bro you can dislike him all you want, im sure thats a common feeling. But saying he set the program back is an idiotic statement. Pure and Simple. In fact, I dont think, NO I KNOW I have NEVER heard anyone say that before. In the history of coaching hires.
robgusc76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:42 PM   #217
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

I guess one of the reasons that I love Spurrier so much now is that I admired him even when he was at Florida.

Sure, I absolutely hated losing to Florida because it was a L, but I have to admit there was something about Spurrier that always had me in awe. He was just a bad ass.

For some reason, he always (and still does) reminded me of Dale Earnhardt. I always really liked Dale even though I never really followed racing. It was just something about him that garnered my respect.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:43 PM   #218
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

RED ROOSTER BUM BUM BUM DUM.......FAILLLLL
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:51 PM   #219
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

SOS RUTS for several reasons.

Apparently, like you, it made many of the opposing fans and our team go into the fetal position and give up at the first sign of something going against us in the game. At that point, it was all over but the final score. That feeling lasted from year to year.

I saw the same thing during the McGuire/Roche Era. Most teams knew they were beaten before the first tip. You could see it in their body language, in them watching our guys in pre game warmups. We went on a good burst of scoring and the other team would frequently give up.

Florida kept scoring because the second and third team players deserved quality playing time based on them working hard as part of the team, too. It helped those younger players develop faster for when the upperclassmen were gone. Playng hard, in a real game, against other teams, even in mop up time did more good than scrimmaging against your own.

What an insult for kids that don't play often to be sent out and told to take a knee. If that is all I got out of busting my butt all year, I'd say the heck with that! The kids getting to play and doing what they have spent so much time practicing to do made the entire team happier and more cohesive, a great morale boost.

Some opposing coach asked SOS one time why he kept scoring. He said, "Why should we stop? You (your team) aren't stopping."

Him running uo the score was a good thing for us and anyone else worth their salt, actually. Either quit and give up and whine and complain and blame others for the sorry state of your own program or grow up, take responsibilty for its failures and lack of competitiveness and take whatever (legal) steps to improve and fight back. Finally, that is what we have done.

Don't think SOS still wouldn't love to RUTS here at Carolina. We have not had an Offense yet able to do so. Most of our wins have been close ones, mostly defensively based. I would bet few Carolina fans would bemoan us beating teams by 30 or 40 points a game, scoring until the last whistle. Yet, I think those few who would are right here, on this forum. Pity.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:54 PM   #220
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

This thread is as quality as NC state