CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
Badazcock
Gamecockswag
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
b381l
Regalcock
cocksmith1or11
kingofnerf
NAGamecockFan
Simple "yes&quo (711)
The Comeback & T (659)
ESPN Game Day Commen (654)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (451)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (451)
TeMarcus Blanton (387)
Phil Steele just pre (345)
Garcia: Change the R (196)
Wallpaper & Back (195)
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
Garcia: Change the Rules
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
Simple "yes" or
Bama @ Tennessee
Name a Gamecock
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Phil Steele just predicte
Who start on the d line t

Old 01-22-2013, 11:48 PM   #681
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend is a hoax

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREENVILLE COCKPIT View Post
Te'o said the heck with all this, I'm just gonna get a dog !!!
I repped you for that one!
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:55 PM   #682
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

I'm only in it for the jokes. This story is pure comedy gold.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:06 AM   #683
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
Well at least his pro teams are all Boston/New England.
It would seem wrong of me to imply that he's a dickhead and NOT include all of the Boston/New England teams he roots for.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:44 AM   #684
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
That you honestly think that he didn't do what 99% of what people would do than you are ignorant. If you were 21 with all he had going on and about to play for the championship and someone called you saying they were your dead x, you'd have run straight to the press and told them? Hope that glass house treats you well.
You left out some big parts. So I'm 21, lot of things going for me, playing for the NC, and I can't manage to see this girl, ever, in 2+ years? And then she dies, and I send her flowers but I can't tell you where, and I never visit the grave? And of course, I couldn't go to the funeral because it fell on a game day.

When you put all the other pieces in there, sounds a lot different, doesn't it.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:30 AM   #685
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

He did end up giving Jeremy Schapp an address of where he sent flowers.
(It ended up being a foreclosed house)

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian

Last edited by I Bleed Garnet; 01-23-2013 at 08:47 AM.
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:40 AM   #686
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
If you believe this than you must be an idiot and ignore talent evaluators. Most have him as 1 or 2 LB in the draft, prior to this craziness.
Not based on him having "elite talent"... I mainly saw intangibles and him being a future triple digit tackler as the reasons.. He has no elite skill, he is pretty much average physically across the board for an NFL lb
Old 01-23-2013, 09:02 AM   #687
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
Not based on him having "elite talent"... I mainly saw intangibles and him being a future triple digit tackler as the reasons.. He has no elite skill, he is pretty much average physically across the board for an NFL lb
So just average players can get 100+ tackles in the NFL? Also he is 6'2'' playing at 255 with 4.6 speed and able to play sideline to sideline. That is not an average football player. He is an elite player with all the intangibles. The guy had 7 picks, you can try to down play it, but he obviously can get around the field and make plays.

Is any of that a guarantee that he will be a pro-bowler or great LB in the league? No. But the same can be said about any guy that is drafted. The truth is that he has all the physical measurements of a top 10 LB pick. There is a reason why many projected him as a first round pick last year, as well as this year. It isn't just because he is a nice kid or had some intangibles, but because the kid could play. Just like he was a top 5 recruit coming out of HS for the same reason.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:44 AM   #688
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Dont think he was top 5 recruit out of high school. Top 10-15 yeah. He was like the fourth rated linebacker. Vontaze burfict, jelani jenkins, and nico johnson were all above him i believe. He will be late first or a second rounder imo. I think the combine will hurt him. I think kevin minter gets drafted above him at inside linebacker
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:51 AM   #689
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
Dont think he was top 5 recruit out of high school. Top 10-15 yeah. He was like the fourth rated linebacker. Vontaze burfict, jelani jenkins, and nico johnson were all above him i believe. He will be late first or a second rounder imo. I think the combine will hurt him. I think kevin minter gets drafted above him at inside linebacker
You are right, on rivals they had him listed as #12 player and second LB. Still 5 star talent, which is usually means you are considered an elite athlete. If he falls to the second round, someone will have basically got two first round picks in the same draft.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:04 AM   #690
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
You are right, on rivals they had him listed as #12 player and second LB. Still 5 star talent, which is usually means you are considered an elite athlete. If he falls to the second round, someone will have basically got two first round picks in the same draft.
I agree if he does fall to the second round someone will be getting first round talent. I honestly don't know what to think of him. I watched 6 ND games this year and I thought he was a solid linebacker but no where near the top 5 player in the game the media portrayed him as. He was very good in the system and played behind a very good d-line. All three of them were over 300 lbs and if I'm not mistaken they all had many SEC offers. The problem was they didn't play against SEC caliber offensive lines this year. Bama proved they were the best offensive line in the country. People thought Nix was going to demand a double team and that would help Manti like it had all year but Nix got dominated one on one and the guards were all over Manti. Makes it hard to clean up at inside linebacker when a 300+lb guard gets a running start at your for 5 yards in Manti's defense
Old 01-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #691
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
I agree if he does fall to the second round someone will be getting first round talent. I honestly don't know what to think of him. I watched 6 ND games this year and I thought he was a solid linebacker but no where near the top 5 player in the game the media portrayed him as. He was very good in the system and played behind a very good d-line. All three of them were over 300 lbs and if I'm not mistaken they all had many SEC offers. The problem was they didn't play against SEC caliber offensive lines this year. Bama proved they were the best offensive line in the country. People thought Nix was going to demand a double team and that would help Manti like it had all year but Nix got dominated one on one and the guards were all over Manti. Makes it hard to clean up at inside linebacker when a 300+lb guard gets a running start at your for 5 yards in Manti's defense
I think he is actually a better fit as a ILB in a 4-3 system than a 3-4. It will be interesting to see who selects him and how he does. If he goes to the right team, he could be a great player, but that is pretty much how it is for all top talent guys. If you are a team in need of an ILB in the second round and he is there, you are a moron not to get him.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #692
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

To answer your question about 100+ tackles: Akin Ayodele has had multiple 100+ tackle seasons.. 3rd rounder Akin Ayodele.. that should be a suffice enough response.

An average NFL LB is 6'3/250.. 6'2 255 is certainly average, and Teo is no elite player.. he is only elite when it comes to being hyped by the media (joining a group including Tebow)

Luke Kuechly is 10x the LB Te'o is/will be coming out of college, and he was barely a top 10 pick (and only 20 years old).

Te'o is slower than Luke, doesn't have the elite instincts (but no LB has in college in a decade), doesn't have the elite pass coverage ability, not as good of a tackler (see NCG), not as great of a block shedder, not etc...

Te'o put up big stats, but on a team that has an NFL sized DLine, and faced very poor offenses.. he was allowed to roam free for 12 games of the season.. once they faced a good OL, he was negated completely, and looked like a fool missing tackles left and right. It's easy to look great when you play with great players.. Put Te'o on BC and he has half the production of Uncle Luke.

His main draws were his high ceiling and intangibles, and the latter is now heavily under question- either he is a pathological liar, or completely idiotic and far too dumb to get into Notre Dame. Uncle Luke seems like he could be a rocket scientist if not a LB.

Teo drops to where he should be- out of the first round. Will be a solid ILB in the NFL, nothing special but won't ever be out of a job.

And just because a player is ranked high out of HS does not mean they are an "elite" athlete, as that is not the only criteria.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #693
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Katie Couric interviewed Manti.
Nothing special just the same shit that's been reiterated.

He found out about it but then lied to the media the next day, but plays the "what would you have done" card.
I don't think it will ever come out that he was a part of the hoax.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/manti-teo-t...ry?id=18290412

#LukeForMod

Old 01-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #694
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

Quote:
I think he is actually a better fit as a ILB in a 4-3 system than a 3-4. It will be interesting to see who selects him and how he does. If he goes to the right team, he could be a great player, but that is pretty much how it is for all top talent guys. If you are a team in need of an ILB in the second round and he is there, you are a moron not to get him.
his sideline to sideline skills would be good in a 4-3 system but I don't know about his deep drop in a tampa 2 versus a cover 2. The problem I have is I question his tackling ability. He didn't put up huge tackling numbers except for a few games and pair that with his missed tackles in the NC game and I don't know what to think for sure. He will be a good player for a long time but I don't think he will be a great player.

Luke Kuechly is a great linebacker but there weren't many teams that needed an inside linebacker in last years draft. That is why he was barely a top 10 pick.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #695
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Not Mike-
But I remember when Luke got drafted and so many people cried about the pick.

Lol

#LukeForMod

Old 01-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #696
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
not anymore, but thanks for the concern.
So why do you think this way?
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #697
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post

He found out about it but then lied to the media the next day, but plays the "what would you have done" card.

Yeah, nothing good was going to come from that interview. Te'o went to Couric because they're represented by the same people. He's playing this as safely as he possibly can.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #698
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post

I think after he is drafted some teammates will come forward. They don't want to ruin his whole career, but there is a lot of smoke about everyone in the locker room knowing this was a little nuts to begin with means someone had some conversations with him about this.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:29 PM   #699
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
To answer your question about 100+ tackles: Akin Ayodele has had multiple 100+ tackle seasons.. 3rd rounder Akin Ayodele.. that should be a suffice enough response.

An average NFL LB is 6'3/250.. 6'2 255 is certainly average, and Teo is no elite player.. he is only elite when it comes to being hyped by the media (joining a group including Tebow)

Luke Kuechly is 10x the LB Te'o is/will be coming out of college, and he was barely a top 10 pick (and only 20 years old).

Te'o is slower than Luke, doesn't have the elite instincts (but no LB has in college in a decade), doesn't have the elite pass coverage ability, not as good of a tackler (see NCG), not as great of a block shedder, not etc...

Te'o put up big stats, but on a team that has an NFL sized DLine, and faced very poor offenses.. he was allowed to roam free for 12 games of the season.. once they faced a good OL, he was negated completely, and looked like a fool missing tackles left and right. It's easy to look great when you play with great players.. Put Te'o on BC and he has half the production of Uncle Luke.

His main draws were his high ceiling and intangibles, and the latter is now heavily under question- either he is a pathological liar, or completely idiotic and far too dumb to get into Notre Dame. Uncle Luke seems like he could be a rocket scientist if not a LB.

Teo drops to where he should be- out of the first round. Will be a solid ILB in the NFL, nothing special but won't ever be out of a job.

And just because a player is ranked high out of HS does not mean they are an "elite" athlete, as that is not the only criteria.
We got it you hate Teo and love Luke, because one plays for your team and the other plays for a team you hate.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #700
jcook84
Face Melter

Male

CockyCash: 2300
jcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudly

45 players recorded triple digit tackles this season in the NFL.

Paris Lenon had 102...and we all know how elite Paris Lenon is...I mean, he's a household name.

Te'o will record triple digit tackles pretty much every year he is in the league...and if he can't as a 4-3 middle linebacker, he shouldn't have a place in the league. He's a slightly above average talent who rode his intangibles to his success. Now his biggest asset is being looked at by some as a flaw. I don't see his measurables being enough to set him apart from the crowd and put him in the "elite talent" pool, I just don't.

Last edited by jcook84; 01-23-2013 at 01:15 PM.
jcook84 is offline   Reply With Quote