CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
TAFC 5 1981
gamecockgal
CoverTwo
B-G
El Cid Ranger
Gamecockfanatic4
Captain9Dragons
75CarolinaFan
robgusc76
Top 10 Reasons Why T (2169)
SOS Dominating SEC M (707)
Jaguars Justin Black (680)
Kansas to invest $75 (620)
When does fall pract (620)
Spurrier vs Saban (489)
An Air Algerie Fligh (227)
Songs that Didn't ma (217)
Frank Caliendo + Mor (181)
Anyone Switching to (162)
2015 - Davante Davis
Minda Kacinas Q&A - G
Bonefish Grill
2015 - Ty'Son Williams
Spurrier vs Saban
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Kansas to invest $75 mill
Gamecock Showcase Attende
Places to eat in Conway?
Frank Caliendo + Morgan F

Old 01-21-2013, 11:50 PM   #21
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Coyote sighting St. Andrews

Had one in my back yard a few years back in NE Cola...and on several occasions, heard some of them howling, and yea it was wierd.
They are buckskin colored with big feet.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:33 AM   #22
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Pfftttt come to Hemingway and you can see Coyote's, Panthers, Bobcats and Bears lol....I see them more than deer.
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:11 AM   #23
Gamecockboyo
Jadeveon Clowney Fan

Male

CockyCash: 131113
Gamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockboyo

Well here's another thing, should I alert the school that's on Seven Oaks about seeing it? Never had to deal with this thing before and I don't want to read in the news about a kid being bit by one. People in Chapin were getting bit by foxes in Chapin some point last year.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:39 AM   #24
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
they mostly migrated east from Georgia into SC.

I can certainly believe that. I live in Georgia and Coyotes have been a real problem here for quite some time. I live in the burbs and in the mid-2000's we had Coyotes in our neighborhood that completely depleted all of the outdoor cat population in the area. I was seeing missing cat signs posted all of the time. My daughter's 12 year old kitty disappeared one day and I figured out what happened to her after finding out about the Coyotes. If any of you have outdoor cats that you love, bring them inside at dusk and don't let them out until after dawn. They love little dogs, too.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:44 AM   #25
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

If you think seeing them in Columbia is weird, imagine seeing them in Chicago. My first run-in was on my bus ride home from law school a few years ago and it was just sitting there where the front door of the bus was supposed to open up and let me off at my stop...needless to say I went up another block instead. Second time was just a few weeks ago. I was going to meet my brother to go to a basketball game, I came up on a corner and it just went sprinting down the middle of the street past me. It's very bizarre seeing wild animals of any kind in the city, but these guys kind of crack me up.
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #26
Captain9Dragons
Forest Grump

Male

CockyCash: 22107959
Captain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot material

bad news for stray cats
Old 01-22-2013, 01:22 PM   #27
stiffolcock
trust me

Male

CockyCash: 200
stiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot material

we have been killing the shit out of yotes and pigs here in abbeville and greenwood. it is a battle we will lose until the state gets serious about exterminating them.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #28
Captain9Dragons
Forest Grump

Male

CockyCash: 22107959
Captain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffolcock View Post
we have been killing the shit out of yotes and pigs here in abbeville and greenwood. it is a battle we will lose until the state gets serious about exterminating them.
are deer populations down? i have heard low herds in the lowcountry, some folks giving up leases
Old 01-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #29
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Let me know if you ever need a extra help with that
Old 01-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #30
stiffolcock
trust me

Male

stiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain9Dragons View Post
are deer populations down? i have heard low herds in the lowcountry, some folks giving up leases
yes.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #31
stiffolcock
trust me

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawg77 View Post
Let me know if you ever need a extra help with that
cant eat the pork, diseased.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:53 PM   #32
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
We killed a 180lb female living in the wood behind my house and she was tasty.

I am not worried much about coyotes with a 300lbs daddy pig living somewhere behind my house.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:02 PM   #33
TheUSCMike
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 4500
TheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot material

There is a small patch of woods between Jamil Rd. and I-26 at the Piney Grove Rd. intersection that we used to see them come out of nearly every night
TheUSCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #34
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

Quote:
That's fine still fun to shoot them
Old 01-22-2013, 06:53 PM   #35
stiffolcock
trust me

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
We killed a 180lb female living in the wood behind my house and she was tasty.

I am not worried much about coyotes with a 300lbs daddy pig living somewhere behind my house.
Be careful cleaning them. Psudorabies and i forgot thr other diseasr is running rampant in the population now.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #36
stiffolcock
trust me

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawg77 View Post
That's fine still fun to shoot them
Not gonna argue that.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:43 AM   #37
Gamecockboyo
Jadeveon Clowney Fan

Male

Gamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot material

I would definitely take a coyote before a monster pig smh
Old 01-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #38
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockboyo View Post
Well here's another thing, should I alert the school that's on Seven Oaks about seeing it? Never had to deal with this thing before and I don't want to read in the news about a kid being bit by one. People in Chapin were getting bit by foxes in Chapin some point last year.
No need. Lex/Rich 5 is well aware of them, as are most every school district in the state.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #39
Gamecockboyo
Jadeveon Clowney Fan

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
No need. Lex/Rich 5 is well aware of them, as are most every school district in the state.
Thank you ma'am
Old 01-24-2013, 04:13 AM   #40
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

If any of you guys live near AC Philson, you can ask him to sick his monster snake on them. :)
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote