CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
GoldenSpur7
StormOfTalons
JerseyBird
yazoo
IslandCock
The Yancey
BlueHerons
Evilchicken2
donbgamecock
OBC banner being add (2124)
The bane of our seas (1775)
Ward wants us to pla (1393)
Who scores the first (1340)
Davis Playing in A&a (1081)
Tanner McEvoy Starti (748)
SL,UT Gamecocks (701)
CFB Playoff Bracket (627)
All garnet for Thurs (535)
THE OFFICIAL ICEBUCK (446)
I'm not buying the hype,
SL,UT Gamecocks
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
2015 Chris Silva PF (6-9,
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
Howdy! - Tailgating quest
First "Carolina Call
Ward wants us to play fas
OBC banner being added to
Who scores the first touc

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 12:03 AM   #581
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material
Default Re: **USC vs. Missouri GAME Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardiacKemba View Post
Offense is working great and the defense isn't making any adjustments? Change up the entire offensive system. Brilliant!

Terrible coaching lost that game for us.
wrong. the toughness that Frank has brought to this team is what kept us in the game. the inside-out offense that was never existent with Horn worked tonight. this team has less talent that any Horn team ever had and is still being more competitive than the past two years
Old 01-23-2013, 12:25 AM   #582
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

not likely to be this year but this program will turn the corner...i'm good with where we are - considering

Old 01-23-2013, 01:48 AM   #583
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
Once Coach Martin gets his players in the program, I'd just assume he tell Bruce to stick with football. He is one of our better players but that's not saying much. Once some full time BB players get here, either tell Bruce to just play football or bench him and he'd quit anyway. I love Bruce the football player, I don't think Bruce the basketball player really cares about BB, just something to do for him and it hurts us. When we get someone to take his spot, bench Bruce. Just what I see, he seems to not really care whether we win or lose in basketball. Leader in football, not BB.
One of the worst posts ever!!
Old 01-23-2013, 01:59 AM   #584
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
Losing LaShay Page is now proving to be huge. If Page was with the team, he would be getting a lot of the minutes that are going to Smith, Leonard and Richardson. Losing him turned out to be a great blow to this team. You can't win with any consistency relying on Smith, Leonard and BRich. Ellington too. Bruce can't score. We are missing Page badly. Things should be somewhat better next year with the additions of Johnson, Thornwell and McKie.
If Page had went to class like the players you threw under the bus he would be here. Bruce can score on both the court and the field, Both Page and Ellington have played 9 games with very similar stats except Bruuuuce has twice as many assists with twice as many turnovers and 4 times more steals.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:42 AM   #585
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
Nah, Bruce cares a lot. He cannot carry this team, but he can be a great player for this team if he were surrounded by better talent.
I just haven't seen it. Plus, he turns the ball over way too much. I think the better talent you speak of would send Bruce to the bench.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:52 AM   #586
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
Way to throw Bruce under the Bus! You could pick and blame ANY player for tonight's loss, but you choose Bruce! How PATHETIC!
I'm not talking about just tonight. It's the whole season. Sorry if some of you can't take the truth. Bruce plays too wild and out of control and turns the ball over too much during the game and in crucial situations, can't shoot or put the ball in the basket when we need it. Sorry, it's right there in just about everyone of our losses. He needs to stick with football and let these Martin recruits come in and concentrate solely on BB. I think some of you think Bruce can be another Devan Downey cause of his speed and ability to steal the ball but he has no where NEAR the game Downey had, has. Bruce is no Downey, no matter how quick he is. Downey could score whenever he wanted and hit FT's, Bruce can't. Can't hit a 3 to save his life. Downey would hit them from deep past NBA range, consistently. I think Shaq Roland is a better BB player than Bruce.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:40 AM   #587
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
I'm not talking about just tonight. It's the whole season. Sorry if some of you can't take the truth. Bruce plays too wild and out of control and turns the ball over too much during the game and in crucial situations, can't shoot or put the ball in the basket when we need it. Sorry, it's right there in just about everyone of our losses. He needs to stick with football and let these Martin recruits come in and concentrate solely on BB. I think some of you think Bruce can be another Devan Downey cause of his speed and ability to steal the ball but he has no where NEAR the game Downey had, has. Bruce is no Downey, no matter how quick he is. Downey could score whenever he wanted and hit FT's, Bruce can't. Can't hit a 3 to save his life. Downey would hit them from deep past NBA range, consistently. I think Shaq Roland is a better BB player than Bruce.
WTF are you smoking? Without Bruce, we would not have had a chance in last night's game. As for as Downey goes...he isn't on the team anymore. Shaq? Really? He's never played an SEC game in his life, not even a college game.

If you can't deal with watching the games while Frank is in the building process, stay away. No one would miss you, that's for sure.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:46 AM   #588
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

This team is not losing because of Bruce, they are losing because we do not have enough talent. In fact, in a few years when we look back at this team, most will say they over acheived. This team is young and not great talent, the fact that they have been in every game, with a couple of exceptions, speaks volumes about the effort they are giving and Coach Martin's ability to get the most out of them. This bodes well for the future.

The things that Bruce brings to this team is toughness and confidence, two things this team did not have before he came back. Teams have to learn how to close out games and win, that will happen in time.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:41 AM   #589
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
That's your opinion. My post is my opinion and I stand by it out of what I have seen from Bruce on the BB court. He doesn't care that much about BB. I can see it in his facial expressions on close ups and his body language.
You are way out of line. Bruce cares or he wouldn't be busting his ass doing it in addition to football and school. Frank said in practice, Bruce's teams win every single game. He is a difference maker and a great ball player.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:02 AM   #590
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Some of the people that post on here just make me shake my head.

That is all.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:04 AM   #591
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

scfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudly

Bruce would have had a bunch of assists last night if we could make a few shots . Many times he penetrated and kicked out to someone for a wide open look, but we usually missed .
Old 01-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #592
RockRocks787
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1510
RockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to RockRocks787

Some of the people on here are acting like we're owed a good basketball team this year. We're extremely fortunate just to be competing in these games. To those who are saying that last night's loss was due to bad coaching, you obviously know nothing about basketball or the current status of this team.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #593
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Closing thread - Too much players and coach bashing going.

Some of you guys need to read the Cockytalk rules if you want to keep posting.