CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
auslander
sanford
MWard
ccured
Spurticus
Acockolypse Now
MEL
The Yancey
WeStillOwnUSC
Stephen Garcia AMA o (1461)
Texags (1213)
ESPN Car wash Spurri (1092)
COMCAST TO CARRY SEC (997)
Ace suspended 4 game (989)
Dawg DL man arrested (897)
Holy Hell, Indeed, S (741)
Comporium (736)
Georgia DE Jonathan (613)
Top 10 Reasons Why T (604)
Texags
2015 - Zack Bailey
Another A&M aggie off
Gamecock Showcase Attende
Top 10 Reasons Why Texas
2014-2015 Men's Non Confe
Ace suspended 4 games
2015 - Albert Huggins
watching the Alabama vs T
Holy Hell, Indeed, SEC Ne

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #421
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material
Question Re: Larenz Bryant Thread (2013 Commitment)

This is off topic a bit but did we offer a wide receiver, James Clark? He wants a school for his business degree. Clemson seems they adore them. I do not recall seeing him on this board. We have a perfect major here.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:00 PM   #422
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Larenz Bryant Thread (2013 Commitment)

I was talking to one of my friends tonight at a HS Basketball game and he told me that Rivals had called him and wanted him to bring his highly rated Prospect to one of their Camps and they would bump him from a 4 star to a 5 star. That is how they work.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:29 PM   #423
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

You know, the more I read and hear about these groups, the more skeptical I am. The only way I would believe them now is if they were non-profit. Once the profit motive enters the picture, the more likely they are not independent and therefore biased.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:49 AM   #424
Cocky Mike
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cocky Mike has feathers coming inCocky Mike has feathers coming inCocky Mike has feathers coming in

There is no way that any play, good or bad, in an all star game where there is no blitzing should change anything in these rankings...but again either way you spin it rankings are just opinions.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:44 AM   #425
mick66
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Mike Farrell has always seemed sleazy. I stopped subscribing to Rivals because I didn't like the thought that I was helping pay his salary.
Usually rankings wouldn't be worth commenting on, but in this case you might think they would take into account that he played full-time on both sides of the ball and pretty much was dominant on both offense and defense. Think he may have shown up to the all-star games a little fatigued after the year he had?
Old 01-23-2013, 09:53 AM   #426
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
You know, the more I read and hear about these groups, the more skeptical I am. The only way I would believe them now is if they were non-profit. Once the profit motive enters the picture, the more likely they are not independent and therefore biased.
Doesn't make sense to me how in today's world of statistics you can't weight the stats based on the competition level, have a grading system universally agreed upon and let the numbers fall where they may. None of this other garbage is necessary.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #427
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
So the kid played his ass off for 4 years, had fabulous 7 on 7 camps, has an average all star game and drops like that. That sounds reasonable. Honestly, I don't like any of our commits/targets to even play in those games because of the chance of injury......i.e. Connor Mitch.

If I were him, I would use this as motivation.
I was under the impression he didn't play because he was enrolling early.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

Old 01-23-2013, 10:36 AM   #428
Jdallen20
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 744
Jdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spurs

Sounds like a PERFECT SPUR to replace the presence Antonio Allen brought to the defense. I think Jordan Diggs is going to be a force to reckon with as well. I can't wait to see both of these guy in action after being in the system for a while!!

GET DOWN WITH THE CLOWN
Old 01-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #429
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Doesn't make sense to me how in today's world of statistics you can't weight the stats based on the competition level, have a grading system universally agreed upon and let the numbers fall where they may. None of this other garbage is necessary.
Or even better, just put out all the numbers and let the colleges determine for themselves what the ranking should be. Of course, coaching staffs already do this. I honestly believe the rankings are done more for people like us to look at and comment on. Each college looks at film and makes their own decisions based on film and numbers. The real good players are easy, it's those 2-3 star guys that can really improve a teams performance on the field if the coaches are more right than wrong.

Go back up and look at USCBB1's comments above......how can you trust them anyway.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:55 PM   #430
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser24 View Post
I was under the impression he didn't play because he was enrolling early.
The all star games were played before school started.....and I thought I read where he didn't want to get hurt. If Mitch weren't coming till summer, then he probably would have been more inclined to play in one.....but getting hurt one month before winter workouts could be very negative to a QB looking to make an early impact on the team.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:54 PM   #431
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 217705
elcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talons

Signing LOI around 230
Old 02-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #432
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Signed.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 02-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #433
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Signed.
Very very very nice. We are getting a plain out stud who has handled his commitment in first class fashion. Pull in Moore and this LB haul is as good as could be expected.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:16 AM   #434
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Larenz Bryant Thread (2013 Signee)

Bubba speaks on Bryant

Quote:
Played both running back and linebacker for the Vance Cougars in Charlotte, N.C... coached by Keith Wilkes... named to the 2012 Associated Press all-state team... helped his squad to a 9-4 record as a senior... logged 1,694 yards rushing and 21 touchdowns on offense and notched 84 tackles with nine sacks on defense... played in the Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas game and in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl following his senior season... rushed for 1,423 yards and 22 touchdowns as a junior while recording 154 tackles with 23 tackles for loss... returned three of his four interceptions for touchdowns... notched 56 tackles as a sophomore as his team reached the state finals... a four-star prospect, the fourth-best player in the state, the fourth-best inside linebacker in the country and the 112th-best prospect in the nation according to Rivals... a four-star prospect and the nation's seventh-best outside linebacker by Scout... a four-star prospect, the top player in North Carolina, the sixth-best outside linebacker in the country and the 50th-best player overall according to 247Sports... rated a four-star prospect and No. 237 on the ESPN300... a four-star prospect, the nation's 44th-best player overall and the fifth-best "Big Back" by MaxPreps... a five-star prospect, the fourth-best outside linebacker in the country and No. 45 overall by PrepStar... selected South Carolina over a host of schools with Clemson, Florida, Virginia and Wake Forest also making his final list of five.

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 02-08-2013, 02:41 PM   #435
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Article via GCC

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 02-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #436
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Best Player - Larenz Bryant

Bryant is exactly what South Carolina needed in this class. He is a true linebacker that can make plays all over the field. He is top 100 in the country good. He is very advanced in pass coverage already and can move sideline to sideline with the best of them. He will play this coming season and should be a leader of the defense for years to come

Other Candidates: Kelsey Griffin, David Williams

Link: http://southcarolina.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1469600&PT=4&PR=2

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 03-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #437
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Mentioned as a 2013 impact recruit by 247

Quote:
OLB, Charlotte (N.C.) Vance -- South Carolina had a serious need at linebacker, and the Gamecocks landed their top target in Bryant. There is an opening in Columbia at linebacker and the ultra-talented Bryant, the No. 9 outside backer and No. 105 overall prospect in the 247Composite, has the skills to make an immediate impact. The Gamecocks lost almost their entire two-deep at their true linebacker spots. Bryant likely will be outside, but has the versatility to also play inside or even at the team's Spur position (a linebacker/safety hybrid).
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/SEC-201...ootball-119569

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Closed Thread