CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
El Cid Ranger
WeStillOwnUSC
GarnetSwarm1990
taylorssc
USCNowAndForever
gamecockgal
SC Sandlapper
Gamecocks1137
B-G
ConwayGamecock
Interesting quotes f (2054)
Have you ever been s (1262)
Tennessee Offense Br (807)
Key for 2015 defense (762)
Women's Team Ranked (508)
This season and recr (439)
Skai Moore out for U (426)
Lebron makes Clevela (340)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (231)
For all the uniform (189)
2016 - Jovan Kinlaw
Uniforms for Tenn
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Have you ever been so wro
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
We're going to the NCAA T
Season Tickets
Key for 2015 defense
Women's Team Ranked #2 In
Wallpaper & Backgroun

Old 01-23-2013, 12:44 PM   #261
JohnnyB21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1050
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material
Default Re: UNC's Deke Adams is New DL Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
Nobody owes anybody anything. USC pays Spurrier to do an excellent job and he does an excellent job. That's how a job works.
Yes we do owe... We owe florida an ass whoopin' next season!!!

34-17 29-7 34-13 27-17 31-17

Coming for #6 next season!!!

154-71 in past 5 seasons against Clemson.
JohnnyB21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:52 PM   #262
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Any word if there will be a press conference introducing Adams?
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #263
AmonRa777
Recruit

Male

AmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Any word if there will be a press conference introducing Adams?
USC is not known to do pressers for staff hirings....Spurrier is not a media slut like Dabo...SOS is about work and family...
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #264
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Yeah, well I don't owe Spurrier anything either. And I and don't owe liking him, or giving him the benefit of the doubt all the time on every single thing, or a certain set of expectations, or being satisfied with certain accomplishments. I set my own criteria and conditions. I don't have to adopt anyone else's. If I do choose to do any of that is it simply that. I chose. I'll hold against him anything I feel like holding against him and give him credit any time I feel like it. Worship him and and bow down to him all you want, I'm not ready do that with the rest of you until he wins a championship. That's just the way it is.
No one is saying you can't set your own criteria and conditions. No one is telling you that you can't have your own opinion. I haven't seen one person here say, "That opinion isn't valid." What they have done is offer their own opinion about your opinion, that's all. Not one single person in this thread told you that you couldn't feel that way. You can do whatever you want to do, and people can think whatever they want to think about it.

There seems to be some underlying thing here on Cockytalk that whenever someone's opinion is disagreed with that the people who disagree are trying to "police" the board or telling others what they can or cannot post. Just not true.

Last edited by trapper82; 01-23-2013 at 01:36 PM.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:55 PM   #265
Xnex
Blue Chip

Male

Xnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
You, don't need to feel sorry for me. I'm doing just fine, but thanks for you concern. Have a good night.
Here let me help you with that flaw in your thinking. You should be doubly appreciative of SOS and what he did to us and virtually every other SEC program he faced.

Because of Steve Spurrier the Gamecock athletic office likely got some serious phone calls from important boosters telling them that they were tired of supporting a losing program that seemd to be very happy with occasionally being a "smidge above mediocre". Because of SPurrier driving the point home really, REALLY well it probably forced the Gamecock athletic office to get off of their asses and find a way to get our program to become real contenders.

Had we played closer games the fanbase MIGHT have been more willing to accept our losing results. But when your team gets shoved around so badly for everyone to see then the dead weight gets cut off and kicked out the door; thus leading to us stepping up the effort to become winners.

So based on your type of thinking you (more than just about anyone else on this board) ought to love SPurrier for kicking our asses on a yearly basis. It is part of what lead us to where we are today.
Xnex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #266
uscfsu23
Two Deep

Male

uscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
USC is not known to do pressers for staff hirings....Spurrier is not a media slut like Dabo...SOS is about work and family...
Probably something at the media golf thing they do before the season. I believe that is how Sands and Robinson were introduced. Maybe even something at a press conference after Signing day.
uscfsu23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #267
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1373
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Guys, don't pay attention to Red Rooster. He is one of the guys that hates Tebow with a passion, and it appears it is because Tebow is a strong Christian. I could be wrong on his logic behind hating Tebow, but that was my conclusion after reading his nonsense in the Tebow thread that was started this past Christmas. So he is known to have strong biased opinions and is stubborn in his ways. You are wasting your time arguing with him.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:54 PM   #268
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit

Folks over at TBS saying Adams is more of a "players coach" like Lorenzo. As a recruiter and coach you could not have asked for a better combo. An above avg recruiter and above average coach
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
BornCocky'86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:12 PM   #269
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

First let me say I don't know any posters here on a personal level only by their posting cred. I don't know the new coach either but by reputation I know Ray Tanner, Whammy and SOS and am OK with this hire. My question is what about the next hire? A coach is not going to take a position at South Carolina based on the thoughts of Cockytalk posters but just how much can we continue to beat the crap out of each and every decision that is made by our football program? Do we not trust anyone to have a solid thought on a program on the upswing? It's like coach said just get somebody I don't care who and we all know thats not the way it happened.

Those of us that have been around this program for decades apparently just don't get it. Help me understand.

I respect your opinions but damn some folks need to come up for air.
uscgmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:15 PM   #270
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
I know.
Just interested in what Deke has to say.
Guess we will hear from him during spring ball.
Two-time National Champs

Old 01-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #271
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornCocky'86 View Post
Folks over at TBS saying Adams is more of a "players coach" like Lorenzo. As a recruiter and coach you could not have asked for a better combo. An above avg recruiter and above average coach
He sounds like a solid hire.
Whammy brought in Botkin and Sands, and I think those have turned out okay.
Ward knows what he wants on his defensive staff, and I think he has earned that benefit of the doubt with the product he has put on the field here while with Ellis Johnson, and this past season.
Two-time National Champs

Old 01-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #272
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit

Sounds like a good recruiter hope he is as good a coach

Last edited by talon; 01-23-2013 at 04:24 PM. Reason: oops
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #273
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 600
cocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon View Post
Sounds like a good recruiter hope he is as god a coach
He's a god? In that case, this is an AMAZING hire!

Needless to say, I expect big things from our d-line

ďOf course, itís a bit of a jump, isnít it? I mean, erÖ chartered accountancy to lion taming in one go. You donít think it might be better if you worked your way towards lion taming, say via banking or insurance?"
cocknblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #274
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB21 View Post
Yes we do owe... We owe florida an ass whoopin' next season!!!
Touche. I stand corrected.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:06 PM   #275
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornCocky'86 View Post
Winner....ding ding ding ding ding ding ding

b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:14 PM   #276
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

I actually think the good cop of Ward did well with the bad cop of Lawing. But still, this is a good hire.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:16 PM   #277
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser24 View Post
Guys, don't pay attention to Red Rooster. He is one of the guys that hates Tebow with a passion, and it appears it is because Tebow is a strong Christian. I could be wrong on his logic behind hating Tebow, but that was my conclusion after reading his nonsense in the Tebow thread that was started this past Christmas. So he is known to have strong biased opinions and is stubborn in his ways. You are wasting your time arguing with him.
Yeah that's right, either you love Teabag and his whole act or you have no business having opinions on anything else.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:44 PM   #278
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

Before I criticize a man, I walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.
uscgmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:52 PM   #279
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time

Male

CockyCash: 400
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
I seem to remember Shawn Elliott having one but I could be wrong.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:07 AM   #280
doc
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 0
doc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgmck View Post
Before I criticize a man, I walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote