CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
The Yancey
ConwayGamecock
Cocks N Stuff
Sandstorm29
Cockypantherfan
Lonnie
Gamecocks1137
GarnetSwarm1990
CoverTwo
cockybreeyan
Wilds & Carson B (1598)
Marquavius Lewis (1481)
So, why is next year (923)
How Long Will The Re (920)
Restaurant musts in (704)
S & F article on (419)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10 (334)
Brad Lawing USC / Fl (304)
Spurrier Says " (226)
Why do so many of yo (213)
75 Best Bakeries in Ameri
2015 Signee - Ulric Jones
Marquavius Lewis
2015 Early Enrollees Thre
does anybody think we wil
Why do so many of you guy
5 Gourmet Foods That Used
2014 - 2015 Atlanta Brave
The Vent and Coaching cha
How Long Will The Rebuild

Old 01-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #701
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material
Default Re: Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend is a hoax

Q: "Did you lie?"

A: "Briefly."

Haha
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:44 PM   #702
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
I think after he is drafted some teammates will come forward. They don't want to ruin his whole career, but there is a lot of smoke about everyone in the locker room knowing this was a little nuts to begin with means someone had some conversations with him about this.
You're giving people too much credit.
I think if there was someone out there they'd come out with it for a price.
Either that's being negotiated or ND and/or Te'o's agent paid them off

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #703
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Katie Couric interviewed Manti.
Nothing special just the same shit that's been reiterated.

He found out about it but then lied to the media the next day, but plays the "what would you have done" card.
I don't think it will ever come out that he was a part of the hoax.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/manti-teo-t...ry?id=18290412
What would I have done? I don't know.

However, we should line up all the guys who had a pretend girlfriend that they never saw who faked her own death and ask them what they would have done.

So guys, what do you think?

(...crickets...)

meanwhile, soap opera writers are now busy working on the next plot line in their scripts
Old 01-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #704
AmonRa777
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
AmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Q: "Did you lie?"

A: "Briefly."

Haha
exactly...His obvious lies can be traced all the way back to september...He might not have help plan the hoax...But he knew about it and played along to his benefit for quite some time...Don't understand why anyone would believe his denials at this point...Te'o needs to apologize for his own desceptions...Can't put this all on Tuiososopo and his cabal of catfishermen...
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #705
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 1000076044
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

His teammates already came forward and said THEY knew it was a lie and that he was doing it for the media, and they wanted no part of it.. they didn't seem to like him much either
Old 01-23-2013, 01:18 PM   #706
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Don't ever underestimate the power of the Dark Side
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #707
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 1000076044
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

I don't hate ND, I just dislike them- their fans (who act like ND is God's gift to the university system), the fact they are "too good" to be in a normal conference (and gets a BS AQ for the BCS), they are constantly overhyped (proven this year) for zero reason.. they haven't been "Notre Dame" in decades, and lastly they, like many northern schools, love to look down on the SEC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
We got it you hate Teo and love Luke, because one plays for your team and the other plays for a team you hate.
Thank you for proving me right.. you could not disprove one of my claims.. just like how the entire season I was correct about ND and Te'o, and you were completely, utterly wrong.

ND would be a middle road SEC team and Te'o would not sniff an All conference team. They played meh teams (even Okla was down this year), barely beat inferior teams, and have two of the more highly overrated players as their QB (Golson certainly could not cut it in the SEC) and LB.

Had he not played for the overrated ND, he would not have won those awards or been talked about as a potential 1st round pick. He was a solid-good college LB, but nothing special.

Jcook- Exactly.. perfectly put

Last edited by MikeTrainNC8; 01-23-2013 at 01:32 PM.
MikeTrainNC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #708
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
His teammates already came forward and said THEY knew it was a lie and that he was doing it for the media, and they wanted no part of it.. they didn't seem to like him much either
No we're talking about teammates that may know if he took part in the hoax.
If he along with Tuiasosopo created Lennay in order to boost his Heisman stock.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:04 PM   #709
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Don't ever underestimate the power of the Dark Side
If they could make Eddie, from Eddie and The Cruisers, disappear...then who knows what they could do to a hawaiin chick who never even existed
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #710
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

At least he didn't sleep with his mom....

Lonnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:55 PM   #711
KC85
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
KC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
At least he didn't sleep with his mom....
Maybe he made her up too.
KC85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #712
CaptainCock91
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material

Cleveland Cavaliers home game...

Old 01-23-2013, 06:55 PM   #713
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 997672
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

He posted this pic of her in the shower on his FB page a while back. Someone should have noticed this much sooner.

gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #714
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Okay, Ya'll that's enough. I feel sorry for the guy. He was going to try to marry Lennay on WoW.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #715
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 1328867758
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

let this thread die! PLEASE! LOL
Old 01-23-2013, 08:59 PM   #716
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material
Wink Re: Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend is a hoax

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
Oh, but is was just a brief lie....he honestly seems to think that it is not a big deal. I wonder how long a lie must last before it is wrong.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #717
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 840000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

He's gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #718
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
He's gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Why would he need to make one up and kill her off with cancer if that was the reason? Why couldn't he just say they broke up?
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:36 PM   #719
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I agree. Think he has the gay.

Lots of gay guys have imaginary girlfriends. Hell, straight ones too, but it helps answer, "why doesn't this guy ever go out with anyone?"
Old 01-23-2013, 10:54 PM   #720
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
exactly...His obvious lies can be traced all the way back to september...He might not have help plan the hoax...But he knew about it and played along to his benefit for quite some time...Don't understand why anyone would believe his denials at this point...Te'o needs to apologize for his own desceptions...Can't put this all on Tuiososopo and his cabal of catfishermen...
At one point in our history, a President resigned over a cover-up. It would never happen now.

Honor and integrity used to be important.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote