CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
ZenUSC
pitchcock
WeStillOwnUSC
Coulwoodwarlord
Cockypantherfan
LeeSC
SCohioBoy
gadeneer1986
Waldrop doubtful for (1246)
Best position coach (1095)
We Have A New KO Guy (1025)
The New Idea That'll (919)
If we loose to Kensu (845)
I'm over the loss, b (541)
Optimism? Week 1-4 o (346)
So What? (331)
Women's BB "Big (207)
Land For Sale (181)
Why not Nosovich @ TE?
Thoughts on the basketbal
If we loose to Kensucky..
OSU Coach Takes Down Disr
Waldrop doubtful for Kent
Best position coach or co
Ole Miss football program
We Have A New KO Guy
Dylan Thompson looks brok
2015 Commitment - Mark Fi

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 11:46 PM   #81
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: Jonathan Walton Thread (2013 Prospect) - Penn State

Quote:
Originally Posted by gin house View Post
LOL....Yep. We usually got the win over dixie and luck up and win one of the remainder i we were lucky.lol
No wonder you had a NFL punter....he had plenty of practice.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #82
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Jonathan Walton Thread (2013 Prospect)

Quote:
USC LB target Jonathan Walton of Mobile, AL met Monday night with Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn who was making his in home visit. Walton will make his official visit to Auburn this weekend. He visited USC last weekend and was favoring the Gamecocks coming out of that visit. Walton is also considering Tennessee which he visited a couple of weeks ago. He plans to sign with one of those three SEC teams. USC's Lorenzo Ward and Kirk Botkin are scheduled to visit Wednesday. Gamecock head coach Steve Spurrier plans to make his in home visit next week.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...913/-1/PSPORTS

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 01-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #83
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

CockyCash: 200
EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

Auburn is going to try their best to land a commitment from him after this visit. There are some who believe it will happen.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:41 PM   #84
thebigspur33
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
thebigspur33 is learning to peck

we back in the game with walton?
Old 01-23-2013, 10:46 PM   #85
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigspur33 View Post
we back in the game with walton?
Last I saw, we were listed as his favorite, that was just updated this past weekend. So I think we're pretty good here, but we should no more after his official to allbarn.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
Old 01-23-2013, 10:51 PM   #86
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Not sure about this guy. i hope we get him
Old 01-24-2013, 12:33 AM   #87
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Well it's Auburn and he is from Alabama. That's not good that they want him. Hopefully he decides to play for a team that is good now and not one that is rebuilding. We need linebackers he could get really early playing time here.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:01 AM   #88
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

USC recruiters Lorenzo Ward and Kirk Botkin paid a visit to LB Jonathan Walton of Mobile, AL Wednesday in an effort to keep the Gamecocks in the race for the former Penn State commitment. They met with him at his school and later watched him train. "It went pretty good," said Walton who visited USC last weekend. "We have a good relationship." USC head coach Steve Spurrier plans to visit him next week. Auburn coach Gus Malzhan was in Monday and Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze visited Tuesday. Mississippi State and Minnesota also were in this week. Walton will visit Auburn this weekend, and he does so with no favorite. He had USC out front after that visit but said now he has a top three of USC, Tennessee and Auburn with no leader. "It depends on how my visit goes as to when I'll make my decision," he said adding he might take an unofficial visit to Ole Miss. His mother will go with him to Auburn which is about three hours from his home. Walton said distance isn't a factor in his decision but what is a factor is that he grew up in South Alabama wanting to play for Auburn or Alabama. "I grew up around the Iron Bowl and my dream was to always play in it," Walton said.
http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...et-with-Walton
Old 01-24-2013, 01:15 AM   #89
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

I really don't know what to think about Walton. His film look's good, but from what I've heard his level of competition was weak and that his transition from high school to college will be much more difficult than most. Does the coaching staff believe he will come in and contribute right away or will be more of a project guy? Are they recruiting him solely as a LB or could he be moved to something else like FB?
Old 01-24-2013, 01:57 AM   #90
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRAY^# View Post
USC recruiters Lorenzo Ward and Kirk Botkin paid a visit to LB Jonathan Walton of Mobile, AL Wednesday in an effort to keep the Gamecocks in the race for the former Penn State commitment. They met with him at his school and later watched him train. "It went pretty good," said Walton who visited USC last weekend. "We have a good relationship." USC head coach Steve Spurrier plans to visit him next week. Auburn coach Gus Malzhan was in Monday and Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze visited Tuesday. Mississippi State and Minnesota also were in this week. Walton will visit Auburn this weekend, and he does so with no favorite. He had USC out front after that visit but said now he has a top three of USC, Tennessee and Auburn with no leader. "It depends on how my visit goes as to when I'll make my decision," he said adding he might take an unofficial visit to Ole Miss. His mother will go with him to Auburn which is about three hours from his home. Walton said distance isn't a factor in his decision but what is a factor is that he grew up in South Alabama wanting to play for Auburn or Alabama. "I grew up around the Iron Bowl and my dream was to always play in it," Walton said.
http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...et-with-Walton
So we're no longer leading.....it's even with us, Tenn and Auburn. He's always wanted to play in the Iron Bowl. Well, that says enough for me.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:27 AM   #91
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I'd be shocked if it wasn't Auburn.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:05 AM   #92
wilbert G willigers
4-Star

Male

wilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurs

You would think that this kid might have a little bit more appreciation for the fact that USC was seemingly the first big time school in the south to show interest and offer him. USC "put him on the radar" by showing interest in him, and is a huge reason that he currently has offers from at least 5 SEC schools. That being said, home is home, and I expect him to pick Auburn.

On a side note, a previous poster mentioned uncertainty regarding Walton's ability to contribute early and our staff's intentions on using him. I share these feelings, and have doubts about his ability to adjust as a player to the meatgrinder that we call the SEC. I envision him as more of a long-term project at LB, but I guess a 2 star recruit becoming a solid contributor wouldn't be the craziest thing that's ever happened around here. We shall see
Old 01-24-2013, 04:24 AM   #93
Schecter
Banned

Male

Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbert G willigers View Post
You would think that this kid might have a little bit more appreciation for the fact that USC was seemingly the first big time school in the south to show interest and offer him. USC "put him on the radar" by showing interest in him, and is a huge reason that he currently has offers from at least 5 SEC schools. That being said, home is home, and I expect him to pick Auburn.

On a side note, a previous poster mentioned uncertainty regarding Walton's ability to contribute early and our staff's intentions on using him. I share these feelings, and have doubts about his ability to adjust as a player to the meatgrinder that we call the SEC. I envision him as more of a long-term project at LB, but I guess a 2 star recruit becoming a solid contributor wouldn't be the craziest thing that's ever happened around here. We shall see
Yeah, not to be the devil's advocate or anything, but if i was athletic enough to have received scholarships to play football and someone like, Miss State offered me first, but then USC did way later, I hate to say it, but I'm staying home and playing for the team I grew up loving.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:40 AM   #94
scrub146
Game MVP

CockyCash: 1091
scrub146 is USC mascot materialscrub146 is USC mascot materialscrub146 is USC mascot materialscrub146 is USC mascot materialscrub146 is USC mascot materialscrub146 is USC mascot materialscrub146 is USC mascot materialscrub146 is USC mascot materialscrub146 is USC mascot materialscrub146 is USC mascot materialscrub146 is USC mascot material

The "bag lady" is alive and well in Auburn! Wonder what Ellis will say about us being in the mix?
Old 01-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #95
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Walton got a nice bump in ratings from 5.4 (2*) to a 5.7 (3*)......
Old 01-24-2013, 11:24 AM   #96
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter View Post
Yeah, not to be the devil's advocate or anything, but if i was athletic enough to have received scholarships to play football and someone like, Miss State offered me first, but then USC did way later, I hate to say it, but I'm staying home and playing for the team I grew up loving.
You are assuming he didn't grow up an Alabama fan?
Old 01-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #97
thebigspur33
4-Star

Male

thebigspur33 is learning to peck

i wish our coaches wouldnt give up on him. i still want him, senat, and moore to close out the class. we should get 2 lb commits (not just 1)
Old 01-27-2013, 01:16 PM   #98
jayceecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 573
jayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPit

Don't give up on Walton...he may surprise us all.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:21 PM   #99
cockybusiness2
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 470000
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceecock View Post
Don't give up on Walton...he may surprise us all.
Do you know something?
Old 01-28-2013, 12:18 AM   #100
Cocky Mike
4-Star

Male

Cocky Mike has feathers coming inCocky Mike has feathers coming inCocky Mike has feathers coming in

Between awburn and us
Closed Thread