CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
Gamecocks1137
robgusc76
GregoryHouse
Master Bedroom
The Yancey
rioninusc
qcgamecock
Travelin
B-G
Connor to be backup? (1880)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (863)
Carolina ranked #21 (646)
Gotta get Agent 0 go (583)
Miami Beach Bowl Thr (506)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (383)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (353)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (311)
Most Impactful Peopl (290)
How would a man writ (254)
Greatest Gamecock Players
Connor to be backup?
aTm demolishes Kyle Field
The Vent and Coaching cha
Strength Of The SEC &
Miami Beach Bowl Thread
Most Impactful People Inv
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Greatest Gamecock Players
2016 - Brandon McIlwain

Old 01-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #1
uscgmck
I'm Baaacck

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material
Default NCAA Has Issues With Miami Investigation UPDATE 1-24-13

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1260342.html

"I am deeply disappointed and frustrated and even angry about these circumstances," said Emmert, who also described it as "a shocking affair."
Attached Images

Last edited by uscgmck; 01-24-2013 at 11:22 PM.
uscgmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #2
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit
Default Re: NCAA Has Issues With Miami Investigation

Jesus, how long is this thing gonna take?!
4Ever2Thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:23 PM   #3
tpep
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
tpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot material

ive gotten to the point that nothing the ncaa finds, doesnt find, says, refuses to comment on, and anything else that comes out of their mouths surprises me. they have a history of doing something about nothing and doing nothing about something for a long time. wish every member school would tell them to go away.
tpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #4
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

I'd read a story on that earlier in the day. If I understood it correctly, the supposed "misconduct" by the NCAA staff could lead to much of the evidence being thrown out.
I could be wrong, but my guess is that the evidence pointed to huge penalties and infractions, but the NCAA was looking for a back door way to let them off light. Emmert wanted to make sure everyone knows who "furious" he is about all this. He doth protest too much methinks.
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #5
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

So the NCAA is going out of it's way to throw out evidence because of the NCAA's actions...makes sense.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #6
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

The NCAA is a scourge. They are a cancer to every player, school, and sport at the collegiate level. They cannot be trusted to oversee the welfare of college athletes because they are not consistent, ethical, or efficient. The NCAA is an archaic body whose time has come for dissolution from college sports.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #7
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 997672
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick66 View Post
I'd read a story on that earlier in the day. If I understood it correctly, the supposed "misconduct" by the NCAA staff could lead to much of the evidence being thrown out.
I could be wrong, but my guess is that the evidence pointed to huge penalties and infractions, but the NCAA was looking for a back door way to let them off light. Emmert wanted to make sure everyone knows who "furious" he is about all this. He doth protest too much methinks.
You read correctly. It's all tied to their contact with Shapiro and some so called "improper contact" between him and the ncaa investigators.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #8
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

When reached for comment, officials at Miami had this to say:

Old 01-23-2013, 06:40 PM   #9
DA954BADBOY
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2110801
DA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot material

Old 01-23-2013, 06:48 PM   #10
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

death penalty and get it over with.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #11
ccured
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

the ncaa used Shapiro' bankruptcy lawyer an agent of the ncaa in the Miami case. He then subpoenaed people and threatened them with perjury. which the ncaa doesn't have the ability to do.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:29 PM   #12
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

So it looks like the U's violations will be swept under the proverbial rug. Why does this not surprise me.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #13
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Blow the damn NCAA up and let's start all over. I'm sure Penn State is happy to hear this.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:54 AM   #14
bhusc2002
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

bhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to bhusc2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCremedy View Post
For the NCAA? I completely agree.
bhusc2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:37 AM   #15
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Don't sleep on the U next year! lol

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:59 AM   #16
ccured
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Now they are fighting in court to keep the reggie bush records sealed. It will show yhey same thing . Abuse of power and over reach of authority.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #17
wilbert G willigers
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
wilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCremedy View Post
Agreed, and throw in UNC while your at it. A degree from UNC nowadays for an athlete means about as much as a hot pile of dog**** as far as I'm concerned.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #18
wilbert G willigers
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
wilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Don't sleep on the U next year! lol
"FSU is my pick to this next years national championship. No one in the country can touch them. EJ Manuel is Heisman material." -90% of ESPN
Old 01-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #19
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbert G willigers View Post
Agreed, and throw in UNC while your at it. A degree from UNC nowadays for an athlete means about as much as a hot pile of dog**** as far as I'm concerned.
Ill be honest a degree from most schools for an athlete from the big 2 is.
UNCs is just shadier

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #20
seamus
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 800
seamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudly

NCAA : Definition--Narcissistic Controlling Arrogant A-holes
seamus is offline   Reply With Quote