CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
5lbYardcock
b381l
bigdog2003
GSC2013
StormOfTalons
18IsTheMan
evan_aggie
The Yancey
GH
Do we have any shot (2585)
Carolina opens -15.5 (1884)
What changes can and (1432)
(50 minute Replay) U (1353)
Shaw: Check Out This (1296)
Don't tell me we don (1222)
Gamecocks claimed an (1128)
Gamecock football Lo (1065)
SOS Teleconference (970)
Tanner McEvoy should (941)
Gamecock football Long Te
who thinks we need a whol
Pirate Depth Chart
SOS Teleconference
Do we have any shot again
Connor Shaw Browns
Mike Davis "doubtful
Carolina opens -15.5
MLS almost ready for play
Japanese High School Base

Old 11-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Elder Scrolls Online

Anyone thinking of giving it a try?

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...rt-pact-part-1
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:15 PM   #2
ElTiger
Commander Cool

Male

CockyCash: 300
ElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot material
Default Re: Elder Scrolls Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Anyone thinking of giving it a try?

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...rt-pact-part-1
Is it supposed to be like that game World of Warcraft?

ElTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Yeah, it is a MMORPG.
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #4
GamecockInAugusta
Honor, Duty, Apostrophes.

Male

CockyCash: 10019050
GamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot material

I really want to but I've been burnt enough times by promising franchises and their failed forays into the mmorpg universe. I will wait for some reviews to come out on it, and then I'll probably wait for my friends to buy it and rate it.
I'm a huge fan of the elder scrolls series though so hopefully it doesn't suck.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #5
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

Hopefully this game will be the WoW killer everyone is looking for. I have high hopes from Bethesda. Everything they turn out is gold. But I thought SWTOR was going to do good too..but. Anyway I cant way, I think it might be epic...definitely going to be different with the combat style. Here is a 9 minute video with gameplay and explanations. It looks really good so far.

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #6
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockadoo View Post
Hopefully this game will be the WoW killer everyone is looking for. I have high hopes from Bethesda. Everything they turn out is gold. But I thought SWTOR was going to do good too..but. Anyway I cant way, I think it might be epic...definitely going to be different with the combat style. Here is a 9 minute video with gameplay and explanations. It looks really good so far.
Is Bethesda even that involved in this game? I know Bethesda isn't developing it, they are publishing it. So, I'm not sure how much influence Bethesda will actually have on the final product.

That is what is scaring me about this game. If Bethesda were the actual developer, I'd feel better about it.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #7
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

while playing Skyrim or Oblivion, i always thought it would be fun as hell to play with friends. If they keep the gameplay similar to the single player in a persistent online world i think it will be a great game.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:06 PM   #8
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

I thought this was going to be about how Chaz Elder scrolls online around Cockytalk.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #9
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20008309
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

It looks better than WoW
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #10
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
Is Bethesda even that involved in this game? I know Bethesda isn't developing it, they are publishing it. So, I'm not sure how much influence Bethesda will actually have on the final product.

That is what is scaring me about this game. If Bethesda were the actual developer, I'd feel better about it.
The game is being developed by Zenimax. Bethesda is a branch of Zenimax as is iD software. Zenimax is the parent company. So yeah, Bethesda is directly involved. The founder of Zenimax was the creator of DAOC. Which was really good.

They promised to keep the game as close to Skyrim as possible. But said some changes had to be made in order to accommodate multiplayer.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:21 PM   #11
Chadlessness
Walk On

Male

Chadlessness has hatched from the shell

I like Skyrim (and Oblivion), but i'll wait and see on this one.
Chadlessness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:09 PM   #12
Carolina Faithful
hooray beer

Male

CockyCash: 696
Carolina Faithful is crowing loudlyCarolina Faithful is crowing loudlyCarolina Faithful is crowing loudlyCarolina Faithful is crowing loudlyCarolina Faithful is crowing loudlyCarolina Faithful is crowing loudlyCarolina Faithful is crowing loudlyCarolina Faithful is crowing loudlyCarolina Faithful is crowing loudlyCarolina Faithful is crowing loudlyCarolina Faithful is crowing loudly

Another year before it's released? Over six years of production seems a little much. Hire a larger staff folks!
Carolina Faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #13
englew
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 342
englew is sharpening his clawsenglew is sharpening his clawsenglew is sharpening his clawsenglew is sharpening his clawsenglew is sharpening his claws

I'll buy... always thought Elder scrolls would lend well to mmorpg. I can see this game loosing some of the extranious things I love about ES though i.e. millions of books that i like to collect but will never actually read.
englew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:17 PM   #14
Cockyktm
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockyktm has hatched from the shell

I dk who wants to give it a try but there deciding who to let in the closed beta now www.elderscrollsonline.com
Cockyktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:01 PM   #15
Antiochus
Evil...It's the new Good

Male

CockyCash: 700
Antiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot material

The general feeling on most gaming sites is that this will fail hard.

Antiochus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:23 PM   #16
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockadoo View Post
Star Wars - The Old Republic was BioWare, not Bethesda.

Most MMORPG's fail nowadays. Unfortunately, WoW is tried and true pioneer in MMORPG's and will be nearly impossible to "dethrone". I love Blizzard, just not WoW.

The closest real competitor to WoW is Dungeons & Dragons Online.

I friggin' LOVED DDO.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:04 PM   #17
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CsaidockyInGA View Post
Star Wars - The Old Republic was BioWare, not Bethesda.

Most MMORPG's fail nowadays. Unfortunately, WoW is tried and true pioneer in MMORPG's and will be nearly impossible to "dethrone". I love Blizzard, just not WoW.

The closest real competitor to WoW is Dungeons & Dragons Online.

I friggin' LOVED DDO.
I never said SWTOR was Bethesda. I was implying that I had hoped that SWTOR was going to be good and it was alright but I think Bethesda can do it.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #18
Todescock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Todescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Faithful View Post
Another year before it's released? Over six years of production seems a little much. Hire a larger staff folks!
That's normal dev time for an MMO.
Todescock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #19
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

Thanks Yance, I got an "excellent" on my chance for being selected.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #20
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

It looks great, but I got bored with Skyrim after a month, so I don't know.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote