CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
RGHoskins
b381l
smoovecock
rabid cock
Mr. Burns
ccured
gocockswyn
kick_ball
uscGRAD04
Brad Lawing (1528)
Perspective on our g (1358)
Currently 2nd in att (970)
Alshon - Bose (835)
Ced Cooper (#18) sta (775)
How cool would it be (699)
**USC vs. UNC-Ashevi (519)
Carolina/Clemson gam (444)
Awesome time waster (401)
Garcia vs Clemson To (347)
Brad Lawing
THE ONE MARCUS LATTIMORE
Constant Updates on Watso
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Where to watch in Arlingt
Garcia vs Clemson Tom
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Currently 2nd in attendan
Alshon - Bose

Old 01-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #1
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material
Default Brian Richardson

Anyone heard why Richardson only played three minutes of the Mizzou game?
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:31 PM   #2
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Brian Richardson

I wondered the same thing with Leonard seeming to have trouble hitting the broadside of a barn why he would be playing over B Rich
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:14 PM   #3
thumpin big
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
thumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post

I think it was because Coach Martin did not like the way he had practiced and played. I did not hear Coach say that, but in the past that has usually been the reason someone does not play much.
thumpin big is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #4
Spur20001
4-Star

Male

Spur20001 has feathers coming inSpur20001 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Don't understand this at all. His shot has really looked good and I feel sure he would have helped us scoring points. Also think he has really improved on defense. I would love to see him get more PT.
Spur20001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:39 PM   #5
HeadCockFan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

It was painful watching Smith brick those threes from the corner over and over. Each shot came off his hand differently. He played decently in other areas of the game, sans passing.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #6
Travelin
Household Name

Male

Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur20001 View Post
Don't understand this at all. His shot has really looked good and I feel sure he would have helped us scoring points. Also think he has really improved on defense. I would love to see him get more PT.
Yeah, wasn't he the one that frank said he didn't play against vandy(?), because it wasn't a good match-up for him?
Old 01-27-2013, 01:25 AM   #7
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

He was sighted tonight, great game B Rich!!!
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:26 AM   #8
USCharleston
4-Star

Male

USCharleston is developing his combUSCharleston is developing his combUSCharleston is developing his combUSCharleston is developing his combUSCharleston is developing his combUSCharleston is developing his combUSCharleston is developing his combUSCharleston is developing his comb

Like a lot of people here, I thought (hoped) Brian Richardson would be one of those defectors when Coach Martin was hired. His play under Martin shows us what happens when a great coach brings out the best in his players. Imagine if Martin was here to coach Devan, Zam, Dominique, Mike, Demontre, Murphy, Ramon, etc...

I love the way Brian is able to flourish in this system!!!
USCharleston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:57 AM   #9
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Look at the good game Brian had today - maybe Frank knows something about coaching basketball and motivating players?
Old 01-27-2013, 05:02 AM   #10
Travelin
Household Name

Male

Congrats to Brian. We need a guy to step up and give us 15 or more each night. I hope he's the one that can do it. Why he played so little against Mizzou, I still have no idea. This time Leonard only played one minute.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:52 AM   #11
scfastpitch
Two Deep

Male

scfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPit

Frank talked about Brian some in the post-game . He just wants Brian to play hard in every phase of the game even when his shot isn't falling . When his shot is going in , that will be a bonus . He thinks Brian puts too much pressure on himself to shoot well, and maybe tends to mope around a little when his shot isn't falling .
scfastpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:25 AM   #12
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I'm watching the game on DVR and B Rich is making it RAIN!
Old 01-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #13
Spur20001
4-Star

Male

Spur20001 has feathers coming inSpur20001 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Congrats to Brian. We need a guy to step up and give us 15 or more each night. I hope he's the one that can do it. Why he played so little against Mizzou, I still have no idea. This time Leonard only played one minute.
Prior to the game we both wondered why he was not playing more. He had a fantastic game. Had he played more in the Missouri game I feel sure we would have won that game. I really like Brian Richardson, have liked him from day one.
Spur20001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:07 AM   #14
Travelin
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur20001 View Post
Prior to the game we both wondered why he was not playing more. He had a fantastic game. Had he played more in the Missouri game I feel sure we would have won that game. I really like Brian Richardson, have liked him from day one.
It was great seeing him light it up, wasn't it?

Frank discussed him during the presser. Said he would get lazy if his shot wasn't going down and it was affecting his overall energy level. Hope that is the last time he has to be left out due to laziness! From the sounds of it, Brian got the message and is ready to roll.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:28 AM   #15
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

He was much more aggressive at attacking the rim yesterday, as well as draining most of his outside shots. If he can keep up the aggressiveness he will be able to score even when his shot is off
Old 01-27-2013, 11:35 AM   #16
jared
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 14402
jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb

^^ he did attack the rim more yesterday, I liked that. His 3 pt shooting combined with driving to the basket and getting to the free throw line really gives us a boost.
jared is offline   Reply With Quote