CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Singaporecock
CoverTwo
2000grad
sporkgod50
ReadR00ster
usc1
Order 66
Cock Kool-Aid
rosstheboss
SAETerrier
**USC vs. Charleston (4188)
Kelcy and Vic questi (2339)
Group wants Clemson, (982)
Steele projects AP t (867)
US Air nsfw tweet (699)
I like how Frank sou (616)
boiled peanuts (476)
Ahh...The Masters (475)
Cuonzo Martin to Cal (435)
Tax day freebies (429)
The case for Clowney at #
Hillsborough
Kelcy and Vic questioned
Auburn Hires Pearl
2015 - Auden Tate
**USC vs. Charleston Sout
SC Supreme Court Rules ag
GTA V online
A'ja Wilson
Aggie game coming in from

Old 01-24-2013, 04:00 PM   #21
dreammachine
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material
Default Re: O-LINE & THE D-LINE

I also believe that Chaz Sutton is going to have a breakout year along with J.T. Surratt in the middle. Add these guys to Kelsey Q. and J. Clowney, they are going to be "bad to the bone"!
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #22
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatBamaTwice View Post
For all you "star" buffs, this is the average stars per OL player for each year as indicated by Rivals. But Joe Harris has yet to set foot on campus, correct? :

2013 3.4 stars (5 players; 2 4 stars Park & Rogers)
2012 3.2 stars (5 players, 2 4 stars Joe Harris & B Stadnik)
2011 3.1 stars (6 players; 1 4 star Shell)
2010 3.1 stars (6 players; 1 4 star Cann)
2009 2.4 stars (3 players; including 2 star Rok)
2008 3.0 stars (2 players; including 3 star TJ)

Harris won't play here until 2014.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:32 PM   #23
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
DL. Ol is just a bunch of guys who have played or who we think might be good, not guys that have consistently played particularly well over a period of time.

I doubt we see much fall of on the DL. The OL should be better because they weren't all that good this year and they are talented.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #24
Sircock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Sircock has developed his gaff and talonsSircock has developed his gaff and talonsSircock has developed his gaff and talonsSircock has developed his gaff and talonsSircock has developed his gaff and talonsSircock has developed his gaff and talonsSircock has developed his gaff and talonsSircock has developed his gaff and talonsSircock has developed his gaff and talonsSircock has developed his gaff and talonsSircock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
I love Devin, but Sutton is going to be an upgrade.
<-----This! 100% correct.

Devon was good but Sutton is a beast. I see a big step up with in as a full time starter.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:59 PM   #25
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Until I see the O-line consistently out perform the D-line, I will have to say defense.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:03 AM   #26
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

I believe the DL will struggle more than many may think. Devin was strong against the run and pass, and will not be fully replaced by Sutton early in the year. Fordham was a steady, effective sub. Jerideau may actually be the hardest to replace. He was an overlooked anchor like Robinson before him, often demanding doubles, and usually disruptive. Quarles promises to be increasingly better and will be even more of a force. Clowney is amazing. I think Sutton will be a good pass rusher, but not so strong against the run. English is talented, quite fast, and still too underweight. I think Dixon Jr and Dukes may still be a year away from making the DL the force it was this year. Dixon may contribute at DE, but still has to develop. I remember two games, Missouri and another where our D stiffed 'em for 3 1/2 quarters and the younger guys gave up the shutout by getting pushed around and not making tackles or getting pressure. I hope they get better over the spring/summer but...
On the OL, I think we will see a move upward despite losing TJ. The S&C program, push from young guys, and hard work in the summer look promising. TJ's leadership will be missed.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:42 AM   #27
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Defense wins ball games
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #28
B&GSpur
Blue Chip

Male

B&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
I believe the DL will struggle more than many may think. Devin was strong against the run and pass, and will not be fully replaced by Sutton early in the year. Fordham was a steady, effective sub. Jerideau may actually be the hardest to replace. He was an overlooked anchor like Robinson before him, often demanding doubles, and usually disruptive. Quarles promises to be increasingly better and will be even more of a force. Clowney is amazing. I think Sutton will be a good pass rusher, but not so strong against the run. English is talented, quite fast, and still too underweight. I think Dixon Jr and Dukes may still be a year away from making the DL the force it was this year. Dixon may contribute at DE, but still has to develop. I remember two games, Missouri and another where our D stiffed 'em for 3 1/2 quarters and the younger guys gave up the shutout by getting pushed around and not making tackles or getting pressure. I hope they get better over the spring/summer but...
On the OL, I think we will see a move upward despite losing TJ. The S&C program, push from young guys, and hard work in the summer look promising. TJ's leadership will be missed.
Interesting, I watched him in the All American game he was in, don't remember which, but they double teamed him continuously even then he was able to get into the backfield on occasion.
B&GSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:44 PM   #29
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Interesting, I watched him in the All American game he was in, don't remember which, but they double teamed him continuously even then he was able to get into the backfield on occasion.
If you mean Jerideau, I got the same impression though I didn't see the game. It also looks like Devin was a major force in the game he was in also.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:09 AM   #30
dreammachine
Starter

Male

dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

With Clowney, Sutton, and Quarles being three of the starters on our D-Line, it will be surprising to see who breaks out of the pack to become the 4th starter. I know that we will have the depth behind these guys which makes me think that our D-Line will be the better of the two groups. I just hope that there will not be a "drop off in quality play" when our first team is on the sidelines taking a breather. I would love to see our 2nd team be just as tough as our first team. It can be done with the athletes that we have coming back and the ones that were red-shirted.
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote