CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Order 66
U-Dub Gamecock
snruter amabon
Spur's Addiction
b381l
wumarshall82
Take-a-Knee
HeadCockFan
Yearofthegamecock
Cockyteg
Can it get any bette (1206)
Auburn Stealing Sign (1127)
Funny Golf Story Abo (947)
I used to like bush (843)
Defense Tackles (826)
Boo This Man... (745)
georgia rewind... (699)
SEC East vs. SEC Wes (415)
Stay focus (351)
Stadium improvement (289)
Winston
Boo This Man...
uniforms saturday
Stadium improvement idea
Good crowd for volleyball
**official Vandy predicti
Doniyah Cliney to sit out
Can it get any better!
Where to Watch the Game i
2016 - Collin Hill

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #2121
SwimCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
SwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPit
Default Re: Lorenzo Carter Thread (2014 Prospect)

I spoke with UGA 4* OL commit Brandon "Bull" Kublanow last night at LA Fitness. He directly told me that he thought that Deke Adams was a great recruiter and strong coach. He liked Lawing but thought he was on the weaker side of recruiting.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:12 PM   #2122
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

CockyCash: 200
EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

Corey Miller should check out that interview with Carter.

Deke is going to do just fine on the recruiting trail.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:26 PM   #2123
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

peterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimCock View Post
I spoke with UGA 4* OL commit Brandon "Bull" Kublanow last night at LA Fitness. He directly told me that he thought that Deke Adams was a great recruiter and strong coach. He liked Lawing but thought he was on the weaker side of recruiting.
Some recruit nicknamed "Bull" told you that Lawing was on the weaker side in recruiting? That guy probably just wanted his ass kissed by Lawing and he wouldn't do it. Lawing was a great coach and I'm sure he had some reasons for wanting to leave. I am sure he is going to lose sleep over what Bull thinks.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #2124
SwimCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

SwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemon View Post
Some recruit nicknamed "Bull" told you that Lawing was on the weaker side in recruiting? That guy probably just wanted his ass kissed by Lawing and he wouldn't do it. Lawing was a great coach and I'm sure he had some reasons for wanting to leave. I am sure he is going to lose sleep over what Bull thinks.
Kublanow has 20 offers including one from The USC. He is rated a 4*, 90 by 247 sports; considered one of the AJC Elite 11 in GA (for all positions). The kid was heavily recruited and has met with many college recruiters. Compared to other recruiters, he did not find Lawing to be as strong. The kid is smart and not looking for special treatment. He definitely respects Lawing as a fine coach. Perhaps, Lawing's "old school" nature as a coach is not as effective on the recruiting trail as it used to be, especially compared to the "newer" coaches like Whammy, Deke (hopefully), Mangus and Elliott (to name our stronger recruiters).

BTW - Kublanow was very effective blocking Nkemdiche last year and Lawson this year.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #2125
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

peterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimCock View Post
Kublanow has 20 offers including one from The USC. He is rated a 4*, 90 by 247 sports; considered one of the AJC Elite 11 in GA (for all positions). The kid was heavily recruited and has met with many college recruiters. Compared to other recruiters, he did not find Lawing to be as strong. The kid is smart and not looking for special treatment. He definitely respects Lawing as a fine coach. Perhaps, Lawing's "old school" nature as a coach is not as effective on the recruiting trail as it used to be, especially compared to the "newer" coaches like Whammy, Deke (hopefully), Mangus and Elliott (to name our stronger recruiters).

BTW - Kublanow was very effective blocking Nkemdiche last year and Lawson this year.
Thanks for giving me the kid's bio, but honestly that doesn't mean a thing to me. It just appears to me that Lawing is no longer at USC and everybody wants to throw out all this criticism at him as not being a good recruiter. Florida is not paying $450,000 a year for him being good at something. The guy was a loyal coach for this program and to see a poster on cockytalk acting like some unproven high schooler is the authority on recruiting is just hilarious. The guy brought in Lattimore, Quarles, and Swearinger among many others just in the past few years, so I'm not buying that the recruiting game has passed him by.

Last edited by peterlemon; 01-25-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:03 PM   #2126
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material
Default Junior Day Commits

Heard from a reliable source that also told me about the devin washington and David Johnson commits a day before their commitment said that the staff is expecting 7-8 commits on junior day. he gave me a few names but thats a pretty solid recruiting venture for this school.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:07 PM   #2127
ac_lanham
Recruit

Male

ac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spurs
Default Re: Junior Day Commits

Hopefully Bryson Allen-Williams is one.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:08 PM   #2128
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

he gave me him, terry googer(sp?), braxton, shaq, and donnell. thats all he gave tho
Old 01-25-2013, 09:08 PM   #2129
MBCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000
MBCock is making other chickens nervousMBCock is making other chickens nervousMBCock is making other chickens nervousMBCock is making other chickens nervousMBCock is making other chickens nervousMBCock is making other chickens nervousMBCock is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemon View Post
Thanks for giving me the kid's bio, but honestly that doesn't mean a thing to me. It just appears to me that Lawing is no longer at USC and everybody wants to throw out all this criticism at him as not being a good recruiter. Florida is not paying $450,000 a year for him being good at something. The guy was a loyal coach for this program and to see a poster on cockytalk acting like some unproven high schooler is the authority on recruiting is just hilarious. The guy brought in Lattimore, Quarles, and Swearinger among many others just in the past few years, so I'm not buying that the recruiting game has passed him by.
I'm not sure you could draw up a DL coach any better than Lawing. I know he didn't recruit Lattimore, that was mostly Jay Graham. I'm not sure on Quarles or Swearinger. He hasn't done a whole lot on the recruiting trail the past few years for various reasons.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:10 PM   #2130
rt3891
ISLAND COCK

Male

rt3891 has hatched from the shell

When is Junior Day?
Old 01-25-2013, 09:10 PM   #2131
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

Devin Taylor. Byron Jerideau. cliff matthews. melvin ingram. All progressed because of lawing.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #2132
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 377990384
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
he gave me him, terry googer(sp?), braxton, shaq, and donnell. thats all he gave tho
From your lips to God's ears!!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:12 PM   #2133
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
not gonna lie never fully understood what that means.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:14 PM   #2134
espn4lyf
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10136
espn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot material

Terry and Braxton should easily be Gamecocks and Williams as well
Old 01-25-2013, 09:14 PM   #2135
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Braxton, Shaq, and Donnell committing wouldn't surprise me. All three of those guys are super high on us right now, and if Donnell commits, I can see Spain following suit sometime afterwards. I don't know anything about Googer's recruitment, other than he is a baller and we want him badly.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

Old 01-25-2013, 09:16 PM   #2136
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBCock View Post
I'm not sure you could draw up a DL coach any better than Lawing. I know he didn't recruit Lattimore, that was mostly Jay Graham. I'm not sure on Quarles or Swearinger. He hasn't done a whole lot on the recruiting trail the past few years for various reasons.
Maybe he hasn't, but the guy was an awesome coach and it pisses me off to see Gamecock fans minimizing what he did at Carolina. Especially when the poster is acting like an 18 year old recruit named "Bull" is even qualified to hold Brad Lawing's jock strap.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #2137
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

CockyCash: 200
EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Devin Taylor. Byron Jerideau. cliff matthews. melvin ingram. All progressed because of lawing.
I buy the DT argument. He came in as a 6'7 215lb kid that needed development.

I buy the Jerideau argument. He came in as an overweight JUCO that was not highly regarded.

I don't buy the Cliff Matthews argument. I'm not looking it up but he was a top 5 DE in the country coming out. Cliff had struggles with adding weight and his shoulder.

Ingram took some creativity and buying in to our system but talent was never the question there. He ate himself out of MLB but was big/strong/athletic enough to play the role he did.

Lawing also had Geathers on his watch and he played 1 good game in 3 years. Ajiboye was a solid contributor but never spectacular. Both came to USC as highly regarded DL.

A player like Gerald Dixon Jr is an example of developing a player. A guy like Fordham is another one, had he redshirted, he would have been poised for a very solid 5th year in 2013. JT Surratt is a kid he identified in camp and looks to be coming along now.

None of what I said is to take anything away from Lawing. He was very good to us as a DL coach and developed talent very well. A coach can only do so much, the player has to buy in as well which is why there are examples of highly rated kids that didn't perform to expectations and lower rated kids that went beyond expectations.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #2138
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
Quote:
not gonna lie never fully understood what that means.

Psalm 130:2: 'Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications'. The phrase also appears in the orthodox Jewish prayer book.

The expression can be used to indicate true heartfelt agreement.

Replaced in modern day vernacular by "This"
Old 01-25-2013, 09:19 PM   #2139
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

Williams wont commit till right before his senior year...we still lead, but using the time to get his teammates noticed
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
Old 01-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #2140
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

Wouldnt surprise me if Spain and Stanley both commit the same day
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
Closed Thread