CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
ZenUSC
WeStillOwnUSC
Coulwoodwarlord
Yearofthegamecock
gamecock88
TAFC 5 1981
LeeSC
SpurProsecutor
Kentucky prediction (1976)
Just Booked my Hotel (1330)
Best position coach (693)
So What? (663)
The New Idea That'll (651)
Waldrop doubtful for (583)
We Have A New KO Guy (458)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (386)
So What? (245)
Optimism? Week 1-4 o (238)
If we loose to Kensucky..
Waldrop doubtful for Kent
Thoughts on the basketbal
Best position coach or co
What fish do you eat
I'm over the loss, but...
Kentucky prediction
OSU Coach Takes Down Disr
UK promoting a blackout f
Looking for 2 for Kentuck

Old 01-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #21
cockybusiness2
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 470000
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material
Default Re: NCAA Has Issues With Miami Investigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbert G willigers View Post
"FSU is my pick to this next years national championship. No one in the country can touch them. EJ Manuel is Heisman material." -90% of ESPN
Man you cannot be serious
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #22
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybusiness2 View Post
Man you cannot be serious

The end of the quotes says ESPN

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:40 AM   #23
KC85
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
KC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
The end of the quotes says ESPN
KC85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:12 PM   #24
DA954BADBOY
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2110801
DA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot material

They love us in Columbia SC.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:21 PM   #25
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

UPDATE 1-24-13

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...ion-says-patsy
uscgmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:09 AM   #26
mick66
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Just saw the post above had already posted the link.
Anyway, for those of us who were immediately suspicious that Emmert came up with this to scuttle the investigation, here is today's quote from the lawyer involved:

-- Maria Elena Perez, Nevin Shapiro's attorney, to the South Florida Sun Sentinel
"I did nothing wrong and I was playing by the f------ rules and I am not bound by NCAA rules, and if they did something wrong, it is their problem and they are trying to make it my problem. This is not my problem," she told the Sun Sentinel.

Perez then questioned the NCAA's motives.

"I don't know what it's all about and I find this very suspicious," she said. "And I'm starting to believe they want (to) intentionally botch this investigation for reasons I can only imagine are monetary."

Emmert released a statement Thursday lashing out at reports that the NCAA General Counsel's office approved what he called "the inappropriate use of Nevin Shapiro's attorney to obtain depositions in the Miami case."

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...ion-says-patsy
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #27
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Yes, this all reeks to high heaven. Makes me wonder if we would have ever heard of this Shapiro mess if not for Yahoo's investigation.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #28
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

NCAA = Suck
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:24 PM   #29
DA954BADBOY
Game MVP

Male

DA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot material

The worst part of this is Miami has had to recruit against unknown sanctions for the last few years. Not to mention playing in two bowl games and an ACCCG.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #30
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

That attorney is a spitfire.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:10 PM   #31
snoopy
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 500
snoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurs

As much as I distrust lawyers, I would believe her over the NCAA! That says a lot of how much I distrust the NCAA. She hinted that the NCAA may want to blotch it's own investigation and maybe money is involved. She sounds like she would not be someone I would want to throw under the bus...she may crawl out from under it an kick your butt.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:22 PM   #32
DA954BADBOY
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
As much as I distrust lawyers, I would believe her over the NCAA! That says a lot of how much I distrust the NCAA. She hinted that the NCAA may want to blotch it's own investigation and maybe money is involved. She sounds like she would not be someone I would want to throw under the bus...she may crawl out from under it an kick your butt.
She's also a Miami grad. The NCAA really fooked up with this one. It seems like the NCAA was willing to do anything to nail Miami to the cross. Good job NCAA. Believe the word of a convicted liar and see how far you get with that. This might turn out to be the best thing that could ever happen to college sports.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #33
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Now listen, I have no trouble believing the NCAA screwed something up, or that there's corruption at it's highest level.

...but do you HONESTLY believe that Miami's clean? Especially in the Shapiro manner?
Old 01-25-2013, 09:54 PM   #34
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Now listen, I have no trouble believing the NCAA screwed something up, or that there's corruption at it's highest level.

...but do you HONESTLY believe that Miami's clean? Especially in the Shapiro manner?
I second this.

it's not a matter of being clean. It's about all that Shapiro shit.

To use the defense, "well he's going to jail so he's lying" is pretty weak.

#LukeForMod

Old 01-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #35
DA954BADBOY
Game MVP

Male

Old 01-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #36
DA954BADBOY
Game MVP

Male

Quote:

Do you honestly believe that every program is clean?
Old 01-26-2013, 02:58 PM   #37
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA954BADBOY View Post
No but it's not cheating unless they get caught

#LukeForMod

Old 01-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #38
DA954BADBOY
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
No but it's not cheating unless they get caught
Its not what you know. Its what you can prove. Thats where the NCAA messed up.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:00 PM   #39
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA954BADBOY View Post
No, but I believe there are varying degrees to it.

At USC we've apparently bought dinner when we shouldn't have, gave a guy a track suit, and missed the fact that football players weren't paying their rent.

We didn't turn a blind eye to large cash payments and coke-fueled stripper binges, so yeah, there's a bit of a difference there.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:37 PM   #40
DA954BADBOY
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
No, but I believe there are varying degrees to it.

At USC we've apparently bought dinner when we shouldn't have, gave a guy a track suit, and missed the fact that football players weren't paying their rent.

We didn't turn a blind eye to large cash payments and coke-fueled stripper binges, so yeah, there's a bit of a difference there.