CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Other Gamecock Sports

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
ZenUSC
pitchcock
Coulwoodwarlord
Cockypantherfan
LeeSC
SCohioBoy
gadeneer1986
WeStillOwnUSC
Waldrop doubtful for (1246)
Best position coach (1095)
We Have A New KO Guy (1025)
The New Idea That'll (919)
If we loose to Kensu (845)
I'm over the loss, b (541)
Optimism? Week 1-4 o (346)
So What? (331)
Women's BB "Big (207)
Land For Sale (181)
Thoughts on the basketbal
If we loose to Kensucky..
OSU Coach Takes Down Disr
Waldrop doubtful for Kent
Best position coach or co
Ole Miss football program
We Have A New KO Guy
Dylan Thompson looks brok
2015 Commitment - Mark Fi
One dimensional QB

Old 09-17-2012, 04:26 PM   #21
uscfan20106
Walk On

Female

CockyCash: 500
uscfan20106 has feathers coming inuscfan20106 has feathers coming inuscfan20106 has feathers coming in
Default Re: things are looking good for the future of USC softball

no word yet on what Milks' plans are for her last year.

Watched Nickie Blue on TV this summer in an all-star game....commentator said she was throwing 68 at 17 years old. Not very common in 18U fastpitch!
uscfan20106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:39 PM   #22
soreshins
Walk On

Male

soreshins has hatched from the shell

Understand she is attending school at USC just not playing softball.
soreshins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:41 PM   #23
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

scfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPit

One more new name, for a total of 20 on the team . Kelly Plescow, a freshman from Virginia . Plescow was listed as a catcher/3rd baseman in the info I found on the net .
The team heads to Charlotte this weekend for some scrimmage games .

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport...092612aaa.html
scfastpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #24
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

How are the girls doing this weekend?
lilhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #25
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

scfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhornet View Post
How are the girls doing this weekend?
They have had some rain in Charlotte . Saw a tweet last night that they were suspended in the fourth inning with the score 1-1 . Haven't seen anything yet today .
Old 10-01-2012, 11:05 AM   #26
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

Well, no one tweeted any results . Either they had more rain or maybe things didn't go too well .
Old 10-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #27
soreshins
Walk On

Male

soreshins has hatched from the shell

Lost 5-4 to UNC Charlotte. The game was started on Friday--suspended due to lightening and completed Saturday afternoon.

Defeated Greensboro College 11-0 Saturday.

Defeated UNC Charlotte 9-0 Sunday.

Lost 6-2 to Elon Sunday.
soreshins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:37 PM   #28
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by soreshins View Post
Lost 5-4 to UNC Charlotte. The game was started on Friday--suspended due to lightening and completed Saturday afternoon.

Defeated Greensboro College 11-0 Saturday.

Defeated UNC Charlotte 9-0 Sunday.

Lost 6-2 to Elon Sunday.
Thanks .
Old 10-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #29
uscfan20106
Walk On

Female

uscfan20106 has feathers coming inuscfan20106 has feathers coming inuscfan20106 has feathers coming in

I heard from a travel ball coach today that the 2013 recruits will be in town on official visit this weekend! What a weekend to visit wow!
Old 10-06-2012, 07:20 AM   #30
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfan20106 View Post
I heard from a travel ball coach today that the 2013 recruits will be in town on official visit this weekend! What a weekend to visit wow!
They brought a big group to the baseball scrimmage yesterday . Watched a couple of innings of the game . I'm pretty sure I identified a couple of the 2013 recruits . There were more than 4 girls in the group though . May have been some uncommitteds in there too .
Old 10-11-2012, 11:25 PM   #31
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

How'd the team do tonight?
Old 10-12-2012, 07:36 AM   #32
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhornet View Post
How'd the team do tonight?
Lost 8-2 to the NPF allstars . I thought Katy Marks pitched well, allowing 2 runs in 4 innings . In a lineup full of former all-americans and power hitters , she kept the ball in the park, and showed the ability to keep hitting her spots with base runners on . Audrey Broyles pitched well at the end, retiring 5 in a row . In between Katelynn Houser and Julie Sarratt allowed 6 runs between them . Houser allowed a long home run to former Alabama star Charlotte Morgan, and Sarratt gave up a bases loaded double to Kelley Kretschman (also from Bama) .
As the USC writeup mentions, Freshman Alaynie Page looked good in leftfield, making several nice plays . I thought Page also looked good at the plate . Although she had no hits, she hit the ball hard a couple of times .
Kristen Struett did not play for USC, so I'm wondering where she stands with rehab . Also, Furman transfer pitcher Lakyn Shull did not play .

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport...101112aaa.html
Old 10-12-2012, 08:35 AM   #33
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

Here are some pics from the gogamecocks site . I think these are free. I'm a subscriber so it's hard for me to tell, but I don't see the little subscriber-only indicator . Whoever did the identification used last year's roster so some of them are wrong . #22 is Alaynie Page . #4 is Katie Marks . #21 and #30 are freshmen . I think 21 is Jordan Bizzell and 30 is Ansley Ard . Kelly Dillon is #1 .

http://www.gogamecocks.com/2012/10/1...=515&width=910
Old 10-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #34
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

I do believe Kristen is still rehabbing. I know tommy john surgery is a major operation for a baseball/softball player. I see her possibly RS'ing this year if she isn't able to get any significant practice time in between now and the start of the season.

I think our pitching rotation could be very solid if we can just get consistency from Howser. Broyles and Sarratt are most of the time consistent and are pretty solid as well, adding Marks and the transfer from Furman is big for our depth in the circle I think.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #35
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

If Struett can bat , I would want her in the lineup at DP at least . We need another hitter . Here is the lineup we started last night (taken from twitter) .

Gamecock Softball ‏@GamecockSoftbll The SC lineup is Garcia SS, Page LF, Hathorn 2B, Hawkins RF, Masters CF, Bizzell 3B, Dillon 1B, Gonzales C, Ard as the DP. Marks pitching.

The first four should be pretty solid . After that , there are a lot of question marks . Olivia Lawrence entered midway through the game to play first, with Kelly Dillon moving to third . Lawrence's triple came in her first at bat of the game and was our first good hit . Maybe she can be more consistent this year .
Old 10-13-2012, 06:11 AM   #36
cockysb2
Walk On

Male

cockysb2 has hatched from the shell

Coach Smith and the Lady Gamecocks picked up a verbal commitment from 2014 CF Caroline Cash. Caroline is a lefthanded hitter and thrower with good speed. She plays travel ball for the Carolina Elite coached by Bryan Pack and Dorman HS.
cockysb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #37
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

Haven't heard much on the final weekend of scrimmages . I know we lost to Appalachian State 1-0 in 8 innings . It was hard to decipher the ASU tweets, but it sounded like we had two runners picked off in the 8th inning .
Old 01-26-2013, 12:09 PM   #38
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

IDK if it is just me but I am excited about the upcoming season on both of the diamonds.

The softball team is going to do big things this year, and I really believe that.

Sarratt, Howser, Marks, and Broyles are going to be the main four as far as pitching rotation but a transfer from Furman named Shull could make some noise as well.

The corner spots will be solid with Lawrence, Dillon, Bizzell, and Sarratt at those spots.

The middle will be solid with Hathorne and Garcia.

Hawkins returns in the outfield at LF, freshmen Paige has done some good things and they like her attitude at RF with Struett being the likely CF.

The catching spot will probably be Gonzales' to lose but Lawrence and possibly Bizzell will get some action there as well.

Go Gamecocks!
Old 01-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #39
uscfan20106
Walk On

Female

I think you are right! The freshman Page should be a great addition in the OF and in the lineup! Howser did some good work last year on the mound I'm looking forward to seeing her get better as well as the Freshman Marks who just blew me away when I watched her pitch at ASA gold nationals this past summer
Old 01-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #40
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

League coaches are not so optimistic .

http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/NEW...ll-title.aspx#