CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
JaxcockFL
SMOTFS86
B-G
GregoryHouse
catdaddy66
Cockhornleghorn
doubledribble
JerseyBird
gamecockgal
2014 Subway Classic: (1957)
Props to Eric Hyman. (1407)
Former Gamecock root (1323)
Franks boy's are pla (1013)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Four USC Basketball (707)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (522)
Kentucky is dominati (496)
Bowl packages (439)
Chance of my lifetim (431)
Franks boy's are playing
Has the window closed for
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
UFC Fight Night 58: Lyota
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
The Vent and Coaching cha
Question for those who ha
Decommitment from Texas A
official UFC thread. (new
Former Gamecock rooting f

Old 01-25-2013, 10:17 PM   #161
kmcgarnet
Recruit

Female

CockyCash: 500
kmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his comb
Default Re: Best Bar-B-Que In South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dominion Cock View Post
KMCGarnet

Try the County Grill in Hampton. Much better than b&f....

Carolina BBQ in new ellenton and McCabes get my vote
Will do, thank you!
kmcgarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:16 AM   #162
dreammachine
Starter

Male

dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dominion Cock View Post
KMCGarnet

Try the County Grill in Hampton. Much better than b&f....

Carolina BBQ in new ellenton and McCabes get my vote
Carolina BBQ in New Ellenton is just about the best place for good Que and very good hash. The price is also pretty reasonable and you can eat all you want. JUST WATCH YOUR SPEED LIMIT IN NEW ELLENTON AS IT IS A SPEED TRAP TOWN!!!!!
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:19 AM   #163
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 997672
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingBrooks View Post
Pigout in Spartanburg and Wise's in Clinton
Wise in Clinton? I think you're talking about the place on 76? It's in Newberry county I'm pretty sure. Excellend hash, so so bbq. Ribs are actually bad in my opinion.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:38 AM   #164
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellafever View Post
Also, someone posted a link to a pretty neat video about the history of hash on this site a while back. If you haven't seen it, you should check it out.
Here is a link to the documentary: http://www.folkstreams.net/film,215

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #165
cbhph2003
Walk On

cbhph2003 has hatched from the shell

I do not post much just read threads, but I live in Stuckey, work in Hemingway ( a guy that works with me works at Scott's BBQ at night) and I am on the South Carolina BBQ shag festival committee that is held in Hemingway. I have to say that miller time is so full of it that I have bullsh** oozing out of my phone as I read this. I drive by Rosie's which is what locals call it and yes Rodney the son is the pitmaster. My friend and coworker works there at nights firing hogs. All I am going to say is do not believe what dome ppl say on here about helping them cook and making sauce lol really?

Last edited by cbhph2003; 01-26-2013 at 03:35 PM.
cbhph2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:25 PM   #166
scsalesreptile
Recruit

Male

scsalesreptile is sharpening his clawsscsalesreptile is sharpening his clawsscsalesreptile is sharpening his clawsscsalesreptile is sharpening his clawsscsalesreptile is sharpening his claws
Send a message via AIM to scsalesreptile

As a traveling sales rep (entire South), I am constantly stopping at various roadside attractions that specialize in that region's method of BBQ preparation - from Cuban to Cajun to Appalachian to the Carolinas. I've had mostly wonderful experiences (with the occasional disaster). But.....there is one that stands head & shoulders above the rest: Scott's in Hemingway is the gold standard.
scsalesreptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #167
eatlighting
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material

If you haven't been to the Smokin' Pig in Pendleton, you're missing out. I know others have said it already, but I just wanted to chime in as well. Unbelievable stuff. Lines out the door every night they are open. The only flaw is its proximity to tater town.

Get the brisket or a combo plate with brisket if you go. I've heard more than one Texan friend say its legit, and that means something coming from them. The pork is great and the ribs are solid. I highly recommend it any time you are in the area of Clemstank on a Thursday-Saturday. Get there early. They sell out typically by Saturday night.
eatlighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #168
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
Wise in Clinton? I think you're talking about the place on 76? It's in Newberry county I'm pretty sure. Excellend hash, so so bbq. Ribs are actually bad in my opinion.

Wise's is on Hwy 76 between Newberry and Jalapa. It's in Newberry County.
LakeMonticelloCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #169
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

Cannon's BBQ between Little Mountain and Chapin is the best I've ever had. It's a hard place to find, but they make great BBQ
LakeMonticelloCock is offline   Reply With Quote