CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CoverTwo
b381l
Acockolypse Now
WeStillOwnUSC
uscjeremynca
El Cid Ranger
Spurticus
auslander
GarnetSwarm1990
sporkgod50
PSU drops a prospect (2128)
Mizzou WR suspended (1049)
Blake McClain (802)
Best Offensive " (778)
What ever happened t (722)
Clemson, Auburn home (538)
Fall Camp. (475)
The Believer - Spurr (351)
Clowney's Madden Rat (211)
2017 - Jaden Hunter (201)
2016 - Mecole Hardman
2015 - Zack Bailey
Ranking the SEC Stadium A
2016 - B.J. Emmons
2017 - Jaden Hunter
Best Offensive "Trip
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
What ever happened to Phi
Re-Airing South Carolina
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti

Old 01-26-2013, 04:41 PM   #41
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material
Default Re: NCAA Has Issues With Miami Investigation

It's no secret that booster provide a little help.
But your booster got caught

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #42
DA954BADBOY
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2110801
DA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
It's no secret that booster provide a little help.
But your booster got caught
He got caught for crimes he committed by being fraud and scamming people out of alot of money. And yet people are still believing the stuff he is shoveling.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #43
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I'm not all that surprised.

There are tons of Auburn fans that don't believe they've ever done anything wrong either.

Whatever. It's not like the NCAA is about equal punishment or equally enforcing it's policies anyway.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:49 PM   #44
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA954BADBOY View Post
He got caught for crimes he committed by being fraud and scamming people out of alot of money. And yet people are still believing the stuff he is shoveling.
This may be the weakest argument I've ever seen

#LukeForMod

Old 01-26-2013, 04:52 PM   #45
DA954BADBOY
Game MVP

Male

DA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
I'm not all that surprised.

There are tons of Auburn fans that don't believe they've ever done anything wrong either.

Whatever. It's not like the NCAA is about equal punishment or equally enforcing it's policies anyway.
The SEC cant do no wrong. Which makes me wonder why the NCAA will do everything possible to hammer Miami. Shut down Miami and open up south florida recruiting for the SEC schools. Bash me if you want for saying that or provide some reason why the NCAA is going on full retard to hammer Miami.

Ive said from the get go they have nothing and its proving that they have nothing but the word of Shapiro and his credibility is really bad.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:57 PM   #46
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Here's just an example. Shapiro's accusations were backed up with evidence and other sources.

Quote:
Corroborating accounts

• One source corroborated Winslow crashing one of Shapiro’s personal watercraft into a boat.

• Yahoo! Sports has acquired photos of Winslow aboard Shapiro’s yacht in the summer of 2003 with D.J. Williams and then-Nebraska defensive end Benard Thomas.

• Two sources corroborated Winslow receiving drinks and VIP access from Shapiro in nightclubs. Yahoo! Sports also acquired a photo of Winslow in Shapiro’s VIP section at Opium Garden nightclub in 2003.
or a guy that didn't even go to Miami
Quote:
Corroborating accounts

• Yahoo! Sports acquired credit card records in Shapiro’s name and hotel bills showing two rooms at the Continental Oceanfront Hotel totaling $1,110.19. The hotel bills were paid on Shapiro’s American Express black card and listed “Arthur Brown” and “Brian Butler” on the bills for each room.

• Yahoo! Sports acquired credit card records from Shapiro’s American Express black card, showing a $532 charge at Smith & Wollensky on March 30, 2008. The charge overlaps with the dates on hotel bills listed in Arthur Brown (Sr.) and Brian Butler’s names.
and Frank Haith
Quote:
Corroborating accounts

• Yahoo! Sports acquired Shapiro’s August 2008 American Express Black card, showing charges for both Prime 112 and Solid Gold in late August. Yahoo! Sports also viewed testimony of investor Sherwin Jarol in Shapiro’s Ponzi case, in which Jarol identifies “the coach from the Miami basketball team” attending a dinner at Prime 112 and a trip to Solid Gold strip club with both he and Shapiro.

#LukeForMod

Old 01-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #47
DA954BADBOY
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Here's just an example. Shapiro's accusations were backed up with evidence and other sources.

or a guy that didn't even go to Miami

and Frank Haith
Arthur Brown did go to Miami and transferred. And what does a receipt prove besides being a transaction. And if a Nebraska player was there why arent they being accused of anything?
Old 01-26-2013, 05:35 PM   #48
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Arthur Brown did go to Miami and transferred. And what does a receipt prove besides being a transaction. And if a Nebraska player was there why arent they being accused of anything?
Sorry forgot to notify in the Arthur Brown (that's Senior, aka his dad)part was the recruitment of Bryce Brown

A receipt billed to Shapiro's credit in which Brown stayed in a hotel room (that's an illegal benefit)

Don't know about the Nebraska part, but I believe all schools who were mentioned in this had the NCAA coming to question. There problems of course not as large as Miami.

#LukeForMod

Old 01-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #49
DA954BADBOY
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Sorry forgot to notify in the Arthur Brown (that's Senior, aka his dad)part was the recruitment of Bryce Brown

A receipt billed to Shapiro's credit in which Brown stayed in a hotel room (that's an illegal benefit)

Don't know about the Nebraska part, but I believe all schools who were mentioned in this had the NCAA coming to question. There problems of course not as large as Miami.
Let me ask you this IBG. Im going to use the Gamecocks as an example. Clowney next year is going to be one of the biggest names and top player in CFB next year. Why is he not aloud to do endorsement deals that can bring money in to the university which USC can share among student athletes to help them get through college?
Old 01-26-2013, 06:06 PM   #50
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Let me ask you this IBG. Im going to use the Gamecocks as an example. Clowney next year is going to be one of the biggest names and top player in CFB next year. Why is he not aloud to do endorsement deals that can bring money in to the university which USC can share among student athletes to help them get through college?

So are you turning this into a college athletes should be paid?

or are you asking why he can't get paid? Why can't he? Because it's against the rules.

IMO College football and basketball players shouldn't be paid. They are given a free education, if they do chose to go to class and graduate, they graduate from school debt free.

On top of that they already get a stipend.
(take a look at this)
http://www.holyturf.com/2011/05/foot...in-ncaa-rules/

Also endorsement money can only go so far (if he was allowed) If not for football and basketball athletic programs wouldn't even be making money. If you want to only allow football players to get paid lawyers will step in saying it's a Title IX infraction.
Athletic programs will not have nearly enough to pay for every athlete to get paid.

#LukeForMod

Old 01-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #51
Todescock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Todescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervous

The problem with allowing college players to have endorsement deals, is certain colleges will be gold mines for it because of their a.) exposure and b.) rich alumni willing to give endorsements as a way to encourage players to go there. They are trying to create the most even playing field possible and endorsements would do anything but that.
Todescock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #52
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Yea if college players were allowed to have Endorsement deals, Clowney ain't coming here.

#LukeForMod