CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
taylorssc
Gamecocks321
GarnetSwarm1990
doubledribble
Lonnie
Cocks N Stuff
El Cid Ranger
Master Bedroom
So Disappointed With (1852)
Rank the QBs under S (1385)
Back like cooked cra (973)
Tennessee game (656)
Who start on the d l (616)
Google finally gets (471)
No Comments on the H (461)
lack of production= (377)
Squats (345)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (165)
Why I think we beat Aubur
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Rank the QBs under Spurri
7 on 7 flag football bloc
So Disappointed With The
Thoughts on the basketbal
Back like cooked crack
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
If the Head Ball Coach re

Old 01-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #21
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule
Default Re: Music in my mind.

I'll be the weird one of the group. The singing from the baptist scene from the Little Rascals episode 139, Little Sinners. I'm not going to post it because some might think it's racist. (The baptism scene has been removed because it's racist and reinstalled because it's not racist several times.) Anyway, the singing is fantastic and I'd love to have a copy of the song. It's been difficult to find but is online. The singing starts around the 12-12:30 mark.

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
TheMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:05 PM   #22
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

What's the song?
Old 01-26-2013, 04:19 PM   #23
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Never mind, found it:

Famous Blue Jay Singers: Leaning on the Lord
Old 01-26-2013, 04:52 PM   #24
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Never mind, found it:

Famous Blue Jay Singers: Leaning on the Lord
That's the second part. I think the first is Won't You Come Out of the Wilderness. It's sung very somber while waiting for the baptism to start and then Leaning on the Lord begins as the baptism begins. A huge choir sings it and that's what makes it. It was on youtube last week but has been taken down. Found it here but you'll need a divx player to see it.

http://n74.stagevu.com/v/c9ef1c699b3...1f7/214517.avi

gt
Old 01-26-2013, 05:23 PM   #25
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Yeah, I watched it online (it's not racist, FWIW) and figured the song out. Cannot find the full choir version of it.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:21 PM   #26
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Old 01-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #27
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Heard an instrumental version of this song over a PA in a store this weekend
when I was out with my son and daughter in law. It was "elevator music"
but it kick started my memory banks to when I first heard this song in the
early 70s. It was a song I used to replay in my head a lot in the 70s and
80s but lost track of it for a long time.

For those not old enough to remember TV in the 60s to the mid 70s, when
a network show aired it's final show for a season, instead of re-runs, they
would fill the time from Summer to early fall with Summer Variety Shows
(basically replacement shows). One season, a vocal group named
Manhattan Transfer got to host one of these shows. Not sure how old I was
at the time I saw it, but I was heavy into Grand Funk Railroad, Cream,
Early Zeppelin and wasn't too keen on Older Jazz/Blues stuff. The show
was interesting enough that I watched it and at the end of their first
show of the summer, they did this number and I absolutely was BLOWN
AWAY ! ... When I heard this instrumental version Saturday afternoon,
I couldn't wait to get home sunday and look it up on You Tube. Low and
behold, I found a clip of the exact show mentioned above. I have been
replaying this song in my head all weekend and so far, all day today.
THIS SHIT SMOKES !!!

Do your ears a favor and listen to this:

Old 01-29-2013, 01:40 AM   #28
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Oddly enough, I was on a flight one time next to a guitarist in Manhattan Transfer's touring band. He really liked playing with them, but said they were really no-nonsense. You'd get sheet music, they'd show up at the rehearsal, go through one set and out on the road you'd go. If you couldn't cut it, or play their back catalog if they felt like doing something different that night, you were gone.

Here's another tune I've been really digging, G. Love w/ the Avett Brothers, Fixin' to Die:
Old 01-30-2013, 01:26 AM   #29
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Old 01-30-2013, 01:41 AM   #30
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

Anything by Gordon Lightfoot

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:53 AM   #31
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:14 AM   #32
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #33
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:22 PM   #34
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

Lyrics that tell a dual story

or with illustrations from the Book of Hours

gt
Old 01-30-2013, 03:49 PM   #35
BigRedCock
↓Little Marcus Lattimore↓

Male

CockyCash: 1700
BigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPit

Something a little different, but I like this groove
Old 01-30-2013, 04:06 PM   #36
CarolinaBand
MiLB

Male

CockyCash: 1575
CarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot material

Old 01-30-2013, 07:36 PM   #37
scgamecox2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 700
scgamecox2001 is USC mascot materialscgamecox2001 is USC mascot materialscgamecox2001 is USC mascot materialscgamecox2001 is USC mascot materialscgamecox2001 is USC mascot materialscgamecox2001 is USC mascot materialscgamecox2001 is USC mascot materialscgamecox2001 is USC mascot materialscgamecox2001 is USC mascot materialscgamecox2001 is USC mascot materialscgamecox2001 is USC mascot material

scgamecox2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:26 AM   #38
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

This is such a beautiful song.

"Until you travel to that place you can't come back
Where the last pain is gone and all that's left is black"

Danger Mouse, Danielle Luppi, & Norah Jones
3 Dreams of Black
Old 01-31-2013, 03:20 AM   #39
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Holy shit how am I just now hearing about Shovels & Rope?

GOOD LORD.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:40 PM   #40
Smashies_AC30
The Garnet Invasion

Male

Smashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgamecox2001 View Post
This song was on my mind last night during the tornado watches. Awesome, awesome song.

I swear, it sounded like a train.
Smashies_AC30 is offline   Reply With Quote