CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
Regalcock
JerseyBird
smoovecock
b381l
johnnyb
markymark550
RGHoskins
**USC vs. UNC-Ashevi (2329)
Constant Updates on (2240)
Brad Lawing (1783)
Alshon - Bose (1179)
Garcia vs Clemson To (1089)
Ced Cooper (#18) sta (1074)
How cool would it be (946)
Carolina/Clemson gam (771)
Palmetto Bowl (676)
Chattanooga upends N (550)
Constant Updates on Watso
Carolina/Clemson game dre
How cool would it be to..
Chattanooga upends No. 4
Bowl projections
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Palmetto Bowl
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Andrew Clifford Scooter A

Old 01-26-2013, 11:45 PM   #21
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 21018809
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Lost my best friend.

I'm very sorry for your loss. Losing a beloved dog is an awful feeling.

Best wishes.
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:32 AM   #22
Glamcock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Glamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his comb

SO sorry to hear that. I am going to start buckling my dog's harness to the seatbelt.

Dogs are most definitely family, and the best part of family at that. You have an angel looking out for you now.
Glamcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:44 AM   #23
jayceecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 573
jayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPit

Sorry for your loss, MillerTime. Glad to hear you're okay.

Lost my 9 year old yellow lab last May, vets couldn't save her. Still think about her every day.
jayceecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:22 AM   #24
nodnahs
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
nodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudly

Sorry Bro, us dog lover's know your pain!!
nodnahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:52 AM   #25
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

Praying for ya buddy. Hate to hear that about your best friend. I lost a dog that I liked better than most people. Your bones will heal up fast than your heart will. Hope it didn't mess up your truck too bad.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:40 AM   #26
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Man what a bummer. I'm so sorry this happened to you. My cat died in November and I was devastated. I'd had her for only 4 1/2 years, but I got attached to her from day one. Her death was quick and I didn't have time to mentally prepare for it. I think alot of times when you know your animal is terminally ill, take time out to come to terms with it and the hard decisions you had to make before become a bit easier.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:28 AM   #27
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Miller, sorry about losing your dog and your wreck. Do like the rest of us...just cry, cry, cry....grieving is grieving and it's always horrible but necessary. You'll never forget your friend and will always appreciate his life.

Hope you get lots of rest, fluids, and take some over the counter pain meds....best way to heal up faster.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #28
USCooper
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
USCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot material

Man glad your ok. I feel for you about your four legged buddy. I would be absolutely devastated if I lost my chocolate lab. It crosses my mind everytime he gets in my truck. Praying for you dude.
USCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #29
Grit_And_Steel
Not The Average Cracker

Male

CockyCash: 200400
Grit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I'm sorry to hear that. They are just like family. How you doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sircock View Post
Sorry to hear than man. I know how I feel about my dog and it would kill me if I ever lost him. I hope you get better soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Miller, sorry about losing your dog and your wreck. Do like the rest of us...just cry, cry, cry....grieving is grieving and it's always horrible but necessary. You'll never forget your friend and will always appreciate his life.

Hope you get lots of rest, fluids, and take some over the counter pain meds....best way to heal up faster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEL View Post
Man what a bummer. I'm so sorry this happened to you. My cat died in November and I was devastated. I'd had her for only 4 1/2 years, but I got attached to her from day one. Her death was quick and I didn't have time to mentally prepare for it. I think alot of times when you know your animal is terminally ill, take time out to come to terms with it and the hard decisions you had to make before become a bit easier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicstockman View Post
Praying for ya buddy. Hate to hear that about your best friend. I lost a dog that I liked better than most people. Your bones will heal up fast than your heart will. Hope it didn't mess up your truck too bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnahs View Post
Sorry Bro, us dog lover's know your pain!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamcock View Post
SO sorry to hear that. I am going to start buckling my dog's harness to the seatbelt.

Dogs are most definitely family, and the best part of family at that. You have an angel looking out for you now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Pets are family. Sorry for your loss. Glad you will be OK though.
You all get it. Pets of any kind, at some point, are no longer pets. They are family. A bond with a pet can grow beyond what can with another human as pets, no matter the situation you are in or the troubles you are going through, always seem to understand. You probably could've both done just fine without each other at first, but you both know that you make each others lives more enjoyable. I'm 24, raised in a family thats had all kinds of types of pets, and my heart has shattered quite a few times over losing my pets.

Here's to a speedy recovery, and to your friend, Forever To Thee.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:33 PM   #30
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Thanks guys...the broken arm will heal but realizing he isn't walking behind me anymore kills me. When you have a dog never leave your side even to go to the bathroom lol and peeks his head in the shower to see what you're doing lol. He was my best friend
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:07 PM   #31
Makindough
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 280
Makindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPit

Sorry about your loss man, we have a white lab and i also have 3 little boys growing up with her. I hate to think about it but I know one day she will leave us and it will be very hard on this family, like I KNOW its hard on you.
Makindough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #32
USCooper
Banned

Male

USCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime843 View Post
Thanks guys...the broken arm will heal but realizing he isn't walking behind me anymore kills me. When you have a dog never leave your side even to go to the bathroom lol and peeks his head in the shower to see what you're doing lol. He was my best friend
I know exactly what you mean. My heart really hurts for you. Dogs are irreplaceable, I know mine is. Never find one with the same personality.
USCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:11 AM   #33
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Quote:

I have two cats, but not a dog; however, my oldest and youngest daughter have one dog each and I'm completely attached to both of them. My oldest daughter has a Chihuahua that she got before she moved out of my house. At that time my daughter was working 2 jobs and taking college courses so you can imagine that I took care of her dog alot and we bonded. Now when I go visit them her dog goes crazy when she hears my voice and wants me to hold her right away, then she proceeds to lick my face like crazy.

My youngest daughter has an American/English Bulldog mix and he's the sweetest dog. He also loves when I come visit because I give him tons of attention. We're buddies.

My point is that when these two dogs pass away, I'm going to be devastated because I've grown so close to both of them. It's never easy to lose a furry friend. These dogs are my "granddoggies". :)
Old 01-28-2013, 04:21 PM   #34
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

That sucks dude.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:30 PM   #35
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Just got home from work and hate to see this. So sorry Miller. If you want some optimism, just think of how great of a life that you gave him compared to what he would have had on his own.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #36
Gamerooster
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 26386
Gamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot material

Real sorry about your best friend. Our dog is getting pretty old and I dread that day we he has to leave us.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #37
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Lol the only dog I know who sat down beside ya and watched basketball lol. And if the ball went out of bounds he would look for it around the house lol. And my hunting buddy! Alot of great memories just sad he was taken away so young. But thank you guys for all the comments! Gotta have surgery to reattach my thumb so this should be fun!
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:08 AM   #38
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

Quote:
Lol the only dog I know who sat down beside ya and watched basketball lol. And if the ball went out of bounds he would look for it around the house lol. And my hunting buddy! Alot of great memories just sad he was taken away so young. But thank you guys for all the comments! Gotta have surgery to reattach my thumb so this should be fun!

Good luck with the surgery.