CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
U-Dub Gamecock
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
Outland
ConwayGamecock
boness
Order 66
MisterClowney
FanofCarolina1
B-G
How do you want Aubu (2371)
Does South Carolina (1265)
Incoming Class (673)
Lorenzo Nunez (636)
Rest of the season p (615)
Tennessee Game Time (576)
Tennessee kickoff an (470)
Peyton Manning break (349)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (343)
New DC (224)
How do you want Auburn to
Nick Saban on frustration
Just thought of something
Is Clowney back tonight..
Recipe for success
Flopping is reaching epic
post furman thoughts
If the Head Ball Coach re
Rest of the season predic
Williams and Mitch

Old 01-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #21
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material
Default Re: Beats by Dre wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
my high school wanted you to either have a laptop or ipad so that you could get on the internet and/or take notes faster than writing. and most schools are allowing students to have cell phones on them just not on.
Using technology for education in school is fine. Texting, surfing the web, playing on facebook, playing ruzzle and words with friends, cheating on tests, and not paying attention are not fine.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #22
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicstockman View Post

I feel like Dr. Dre should be in better shape.
Have you seen Dr. Dre now days?

Guy is jacked.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #23
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 21018809
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

Not to be THAT guy but these headphones are overpriced to begin with.

you can get a better set of headphones for $200 less...
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #24
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.101 View Post
Not to be THAT guy but these headphones are overpriced to begin with.

you can get a better set of headphones for $200 less...
Very true. The money is for the brand name.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #25
cockyguitarist
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockyguitarist has earned his spurscockyguitarist has earned his spurscockyguitarist has earned his spurscockyguitarist has earned his spurscockyguitarist has earned his spurscockyguitarist has earned his spurs

If anyone wants good headphones on the cheap, get a pair of Sennheisers and then a headphone amplifier.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-...ser+headphones
The Sennheisers will be around 50 bucks
http://www.amazon.com/Fiio-E6-Headph...&keywords=fiio
Headphone amplifier will be about 30, had never heard about the headphone amplifier till about a year ago (and yes it can be tedious to have it together, but I just mostly use mine for walking around DC or while I'm on my computer (or hooked up to my surround sound by the headphone jack) and they are AMAZING. If you really care about the look, get them painted by Chicken Man or something. I'm really trying to get him to do Captain America Shields on mine next time I'm in Columbia.

-I apologize but Beats are WAY over rated and emphasize Bass WAY too much for obvious reasons of market demographics. Plus you paint a HUGE target on yourself when you wear them for getting them stolen. Just my two cents.
cockyguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #26
1SCFanInPAUntilNow
Franchise Playa

Male

CockyCash: 9283831
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material

The dude asked for headphone advice not parenting tips.
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #27
MACXIMVS
mac'in aint easy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Avatar 
CockyCash: 12700
MACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot material

Parenting funny , I can't go into detail but that's funny
Anyway I'm just going to buy a broken pair and fix the myself just thought that dad would pony up since his friggin kids snatched them

MACXIMVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:46 PM   #28
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Quote:
Funny. I got certified as a personal trainer but I don't remember ever learning that a certain pair of headphones help you lift weight.

Quote:
33. Tune In

Listening to your iPod can boost your workout intensity and fat-loss efforts. A study conducted by the Weider Research Group and presented at the 2008 annual meeting of the National Strength and Conditioning Association found that trained subjects listening to their own music selection could complete significantly more reps than when they trained without their preferred music.
http://www.simplyshredded.com/50-rul...the-world.html
Old 01-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #29
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyle41386 View Post
Bazinga
FeartheSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #30
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 21018809
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockyguitarist View Post
If anyone wants good headphones on the cheap, get a pair of Sennheisers and then a headphone amplifier.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-...ser+headphones
The Sennheisers will be around 50 bucks
http://www.amazon.com/Fiio-E6-Headph...&keywords=fiio
Headphone amplifier will be about 30, had never heard about the headphone amplifier till about a year ago (and yes it can be tedious to have it together, but I just mostly use mine for walking around DC or while I'm on my computer (or hooked up to my surround sound by the headphone jack) and they are AMAZING. If you really care about the look, get them painted by Chicken Man or something. I'm really trying to get him to do Captain America Shields on mine next time I'm in Columbia.

-I apologize but Beats are WAY over rated and emphasize Bass WAY too much for obvious reasons of market demographics. Plus you paint a HUGE target on yourself when you wear them for getting them stolen. Just my two cents.
Those are great.

I also recommend the Audio-Technica ATH M-50's. $150 compared to the beat's $300-$400, and they sound a LOT better.
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #31
jch81
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
jch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Funny. I got certified as a personal trainer but I don't remember ever learning that a certain pair of headphones help you lift weight.

Looks like he is doing alright with his workout regimen to me
jch81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #32
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyle41386 View Post
This tells you to listen to music, not which headphones to use.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #33
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInGA View Post
This tells you to listen to music, not which headphones to use.
Yeah, I meant to multi-quote and grab a couple of other earlier posts in the thread but didn't do it right. Oh well.

If you like a certain pair of headphones (like others mentioned) and receive the music better than from others, I'd guess that would help your motivation levels.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #34
Makindough
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 280
Makindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPit

haters gonna hate bro. good luck finding someone who will fix them. wish i could help.
Makindough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:48 PM   #35
CaptainCock91
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material

If I pay $300 for a pair of headphones, they better be bulletproof, waterproof, and able to keep working if you run over them with a tank.

I think your best bet might be to buy a broken pair and use the parts to fix yours.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:40 PM   #36
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Maxim according to this youtube video there is a warranty on them, and you can send them to a company named Monster to repair them. It also shows you how to disasemble at least the headphone part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YjbkLpcJhc
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:46 AM   #37
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezy View Post
Then he takes the risk of getting them lost, broken, or confiscated by the school district. There is no place for designer headphones in a school house. Leave the cellphones, ipads, ipods, videogames, and toys at home. School is for education.
What does that have to do with having head phones at school? What if he wants to listen to music during lunch/recess/study hall/between classes/before school/after school?? Who cares??

I swear, some people will just take any opportunity they can find to get up on a soap box about some trivial nonsense.

School isn't really about education. It sounds pretty idealistic for you to say that, but it's just not. School is a game. You do what you have to do to win the game. School will be about education when people like me don't go through middle and highschool trying to do as little as possible and ending up with the Palmetto Fellows Scholarship. I can't really say any more about my feelings on it without getting too political, but I'll just say that the added standardized testing they are doing these days isn't helping, and neither is telling teachers they can't fail kids or give kids marks below a 60 or whatever the rule is.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:51 AM   #38
MACXIMVS
mac'in aint easy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Avatar 
CockyCash: 12700
MACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
Maxim according to this youtube video there is a warranty on them, and you can send them to a company named Monster to repair them. It also shows you how to disasemble at least the headphone part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YjbkLpcJhc
Thanks

Talked to the dad and he didn't want to talk or anything thinks his son walks on water ........ What comes around goes around my ninja

MACXIMVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:51 AM   #39
cockycock10
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1110
cockycock10 is sharpening his clawscockycock10 is sharpening his clawscockycock10 is sharpening his clawscockycock10 is sharpening his clawscockycock10 is sharpening his claws

people on here judging you for buying your kids dr dre beats are idiots. it's none of their damn business and has nothing to do with the question being asked.

like the other poster said, "haters gonna hate" prob bc they cant afford/too cheap to spend the $300. you spend your money however the hell you want to. you earned it, you spend it.
cockycock10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:09 AM   #40
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Have your son steal that kids lunch money for the next 150 days.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote