CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
COCKYTALKIN
b381l
sanford
thekob
usc1
B-G
TAFC 5 1981
Mt. Lattimore
Master Bedroom
Spurrier vs Saban (1040)
Gurley or Davis (925)
Lattimore Sidelined (874)
Expect A Healthy Dos (733)
Steve Spurrier - Say (530)
Frank Caliendo + Mor (476)
Coach's media golf p (398)
college football mat (306)
South Carolina Footb (289)
A house just blew up (202)
Official SEC Network and
2014-15 Premier League se
Sidney Rice Retiring From
Coach's media golf press
Kansas to invest $75 mill
college football match up
Steve Spurrier - Say What
Gamecock Showcase Attende
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
2015 - Mon Denson

Old 01-27-2013, 08:29 AM   #21
Grit_And_Steel
Not The Average Cracker

Male

CockyCash: 100200
Grit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot material
Default Re: Brad Lawing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter View Post
I think everyone keeps saying it because of denial. two weeks ago BL was THE MAN, now, he's trash. funny how that happened all the sudden.
I myself don't consider him trashy or low class, but even Spurrier considers it a lateral move.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:55 AM   #22
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

CockyCash: 200
eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree

If I can get some rep for this post, I will stop stealing from Dollar General.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:36 AM   #23
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
FloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot material

I, for one, won't lose any sleep over losing Lawing.

The guy was just not a good person at all.

I don't need a saint coaching our team, but some of the things I've heard from wry reliable sources has me glad he's gone.
FloydTheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:06 PM   #24
scfanz
Starter

Male

scfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPit

I appreciate the time Lawing spent at Carolina, however if he feels the need to make a move, then have a good 'un. This last four year run that Spurrier has put together has proven two things;

1) There are really good coaches out there that want to coach at Carolina.
2) Spurrier knows how to hire good coaches.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #25
Makindough
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 280
Makindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPit

just like SOS said yesterday, watch out if you are inquiring about a different school for the lateral position, might not have your job when you get back. I have nothing against BL at all, Im not a fan of the way he went about doing it. kinda shady
Makindough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:34 PM   #26
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber View Post
I, for one, won't lose any sleep over losing Lawing.

The guy was just not a good person at all.

I don't need a saint coaching our team, but some of the things I've heard from wry reliable sources has me glad he's gone.

I ride with that
Old 01-27-2013, 12:39 PM   #27
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

There was a reason that SOS pointedly said that Deke is a good family man last night.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:40 PM   #28
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makindough View Post
just like SOS said yesterday, watch out if you are inquiring about a different school for the lateral position, might not have your job when you get back. I have nothing against BL at all, Im not a fan of the way he went about doing it. kinda shady
Here, here!
Old 01-27-2013, 12:43 PM   #29
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

So when someone says "wings they really mean "WINGS". The grass (wings) always seems better elswhere.
uscgmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:59 PM   #30
jfbreb94
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

Quality coaches quality players
jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:35 PM   #31
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeCock View Post
Here, here!
Where?
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:49 PM   #32
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

I'm willing to bet Spurrier has the book "48 Laws of Power" in his office somewhere.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:58 PM   #33
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 200
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber View Post
Would you care to elaborate? If not in this thread, just PM me......

Personally, I still haven't seen anything that makes sense.........

Maybe SOS was right...... after coaching at the same school for a period of time, its just time to move on........

Character flaws aside (we all have them), I still believe Lawing is a damned good coach, who will do well in Florida..... unfortunately!
Old 01-27-2013, 02:19 PM   #34
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
Would you care to elaborate? If not in this thread, just PM me......

Personally, I still haven't seen anything that makes sense.........

Maybe SOS was right...... after coaching at the same school for a period of time, its just time to move on........

Character flaws aside (we all have them), I still believe Lawing is a damned good coach, who will do well in Florida..... unfortunately!

I think Lawing is a very good coach. But he chose not to be here so I'm not losing sleep over it. Deke is a good coach as well. I think Deke will ultimately be a better recruiter. Recruiting is a younger man's game.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:58 PM   #35
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Year View Post
The wings his wife made were perfectly fine and were what he liked until he tasted those other wings. After that, home-cooked wings weren't enough.

Some of those other wings that he had apparently were not enough to satisfy his new found craving. It appears that some of the wing joints that served him are a little upset that he has gone wing-wild.

The moral of the story is to be satisfied with your home made wings. Those things can ruin you.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:42 PM   #36
cockybusiness2
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 477000
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
Some of those other wings that he had apparently were not enough to satisfy his new found craving. It appears that some of the wing joints that served him are a little upset that he has gone wing-wild.

The moral of the story is to be satisfied with your home made wings. Those things can ruin you.
LOL... we can all learn from that
cockybusiness2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #37
75CarolinaFan
Gatorade Poster of d Year

Male

CockyCash: 100200
75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material

I'm not really a wing man. Does this apply to breasts as well?
75CarolinaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:30 PM   #38
seamus
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 600
seamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudly

Their was a dog that lived in a train yard. He became very good at running between trains. One day he slipped and the wheels nipped the very end of his tail, he turned to see what happened and the train ran over his head. the moral of the story is-- Don't lose your head over a piece of tail.
seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:15 PM   #39
dreammachine
Starter

Male

dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

Rust never sleeps! This is very important to remember. It stays on the job - 24-7!
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:16 PM   #40
jared
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 14402
jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
Their was a dog that lived in a train yard. He became very good at running between trains. One day he slipped and the wheels nipped the very end of his tail, he turned to see what happened and the train ran over his head. the moral of the story is-- Don't lose your head over a piece of tail.
Hahahaha pts
jared is offline   Reply With Quote