CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
taylorssc
Outland
Latt7more
b381l
Grit_And_Steel
gadeneer1986
WeStillOwnUSC
ReadR00ster
Does South Carolina (1640)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Incoming Class (915)
Rest of the season p (892)
Let us clarify some (736)
Tennessee kickoff an (653)
Tennessee Game Time (646)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (626)
Just thought of some (538)
Is Clowney back toni (509)
Miss St. defense
2014 Garnet and Black Wor
Peyton Manning breaks Bre
Why is everyone anticipat
To ANYONE complaining abo
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Let us clarify some thing
How do you want Auburn to
Bruce Ellington's First T
Official NHL 2014-2015 Se

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #81
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Bryson Allen-Williams Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezy View Post
Because it is against Cockytalk rules to do so. I refer you to the specific section of the guidelines:

Quote:
d) There are some sites that the CockyTalk administration has decided not to allow articles or links to. At this time these include:
d1-Any Article Written by Ron Morris
d2-Any Content from a Current Player/Recruit/Coaches personal Facebook, Twitter, Blog, or other personal website. This includes references such as “OMG did you see what Blake Mitchell just changed his status to”
d3-Any Article hosted by Bleacherreport.com d4-Any c&p from or link to Gamecock Anthem (USC's Scout site) or TheBigSpur (ESPN)
d5-Articles from Fitsnews.com
Ok, look, this pointing out of the twitter rules in every thread is getting ridiculous. The BOTTOM LINE is that this rule is completely outdated. It simply doesn't work anymore and so it is ridiculous to keep pointing it out. I want you to take a look at a couple of important pieces as to what you posted above (which I do know come exactly from the rules."

1. It states very clearly that posters are not even supposed to MAKE REFERENCE to anything that is posted by a player, coach, recruit, etc on a social networking site. Read that again.... MAKE REFERENCE TO... Do you not realize that is simply not possible today??? Recruits COMMIT by twitter. So are you saying that when a recruit commits to USC or another school by Twitter and we see it, that we are supposed to act like it didn't happen? We have to wait until it is reported on the news or something?? When Marcus Lattimore tweeted for the first time after his injury to let everyone know he was doing better, we should just act like that didn't happen?

What about the fact that Frank Martin passes along ALL kinds of info via twitter that he doesn't share in press conferences? Frank Martin uses twitter to communicate with Gamecock Nation. So we should be void from that information on here?

2. Look at the example that is used in the "rules." It is Blake Mitchell. This rule was made back when Facebook was just getting started and no one was tweeting. It was made because someone (I believe it was a player) got upset because they shared something on their facebook page and it ended up on the message boards. Do you realize how different social networking was even just six years ago. It is within reason to think that a player six years ago could have posted something on facebook and honestly thought it wouldn't make it on to the message boards. EVERY, and I mean EVERY, coach and player now knows that ANYTHING they post on facebook or twitter is going to be shared with others. It is going to be copied and re-tweeted and EVERY player, coach, and recruit knows this.

Sorry, but this rule is completely outdated and everyone knows it. It certainly isn't enforced as I can go through the proving ground and find so many twitter references it will make your head spin in about one minute. Remember, the rule isn't supposed to be about only directly copying tweets. It states that you aren't even supposed to reference them. Well, considering that happens on here about fifty times a day, I would say that it is time to put an end to the Facebook/Twitter police.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #82
CockpetBagger
Banned, James Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100550
CockpetBagger is USC mascot materialCockpetBagger is USC mascot materialCockpetBagger is USC mascot materialCockpetBagger is USC mascot materialCockpetBagger is USC mascot materialCockpetBagger is USC mascot materialCockpetBagger is USC mascot materialCockpetBagger is USC mascot materialCockpetBagger is USC mascot materialCockpetBagger is USC mascot materialCockpetBagger is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
Ok, look, this pointing out of the twitter rules in every thread is getting ridiculous. The BOTTOM LINE is that this rule is completely outdated. It simply doesn't work anymore and so it is ridiculous to keep pointing it out. I want you to take a look at a couple of important pieces as to what you posted above (which I do know come exactly from the rules."

1. It states very clearly that posters are not even supposed to MAKE REFERENCE to anything that is posted by a player, coach, recruit, etc on a social networking site. Read that again.... MAKE REFERENCE TO... Do you not realize that is simply not possible today??? Recruits COMMIT by twitter. So are you saying that when a recruit commits to USC or another school by Twitter and we see it, that we are supposed to act like it didn't happen? We have to wait until it is reported on the news or something?? When Marcus Lattimore tweeted for the first time after his injury to let everyone know he was doing better, we should just act like that didn't happen?

What about the fact that Frank Martin passes along ALL kinds of info via twitter that he doesn't share in press conferences? Frank Martin uses twitter to communicate with Gamecock Nation. So we should be void from that information on here?

2. Look at the example that is used in the "rules." It is Blake Mitchell. This rule was made back when Facebook was just getting started and no one was tweeting. It was made because someone (I believe it was a player) got upset because they shared something on their facebook page and it ended up on the message boards. Do you realize how different social networking was even just six years ago. It is within reason to think that a player six years ago could have posted something on facebook and honestly thought it wouldn't make it on to the message boards. EVERY, and I mean EVERY, coach and player now knows that ANYTHING they post on facebook or twitter is going to be shared with others. It is going to be copied and re-tweeted and EVERY player, coach, and recruit knows this.

Sorry, but this rule is completely outdated and everyone knows it. It certainly isn't enforced as I can go through the proving ground and find so many twitter references it will make your head spin in about one minute. Remember, the rule isn't supposed to be about only directly copying tweets. It states that you aren't even supposed to reference them. Well, considering that happens on here about fifty times a day, I would say that it is time to put an end to the Facebook/Twitter police.
I agree with this. At this point the Twitter community as a whole is probably more authoritative in most cases than any single "official" news source.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:16 AM   #83
Smashies_AC30
The Garnet Invasion

Male

CockyCash: 500
Smashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPit

Quote:

I agree with this too. Especially regarding Twitter. (1) Anyone who broadcasts something on Twitter should know better that it can and will get out. (2) There are already other outlets, namely a big one that the recruiting board goes by (247) that already rebroadcasts recruits' tweets on a regular basis, so why not here?

Once you publish something on Twitter, it's out there, and you shouldn't have any shred of a reasonable expectation of privacy at that point, as far as I'm concerned. If you wanted to keep that published thought or statement private, the last place you would enter it is somewhere like Twitter. Especially when you know you're someone who is being followed even by those who aren't twitter "followers."

Heck, even on 247 there is a Twitter ticker for practically every single recruit that cycles tweets and retweets about a recruit and what they've done or said, on and off of Twitter.

Rules are rules, so I won't go and try to break them. But this one is pretty silly at this juncture. Worth revisiting at least.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:59 PM   #84
cockywill09
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 647
cockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudly

There might be a lead change after the bama visit....I wonder pay site stuff lol
Old 01-27-2013, 12:09 AM   #85
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

Alabama offered, we still lead
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
Old 01-27-2013, 12:11 AM   #86
CockyFlo
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
CockyFlo has earned his spursCockyFlo has earned his spursCockyFlo has earned his spursCockyFlo has earned his spursCockyFlo has earned his spursCockyFlo has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockywill09 View Post
There might be a lead change after the bama visit....I wonder pay site stuff lol
He has now been quoted as saying we are still his loan leader after his Bama visit with a personal off from Saban. Thats pretty strong IMO.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:14 AM   #87
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

He's one of the guys I'm hoping will commit on Junior day Feb 2 next weekend.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:14 AM   #88
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyFlo View Post
He has now been quoted as saying we are still his loan leader
It has to be a recruiting violation to give a recruit a loan.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:16 AM   #89
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
It has to be a recruiting violation to give a recruit a loan.
Not if he's the lone recruit.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:21 AM   #90
cockywill09
Game MVP

Male

cockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudly

Wow we are getting there fellas we still lead after he really wants to be here.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:10 PM   #91
Tide Warrior
Blue Chip

Male

Tide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his comb

"Right now, I'm not going to rush anything," he said. "South Carolina is still my independent leader. Bama is second. I feel like they moved into the second spot. They made a very good impression on me and my mom today. I really don't want to say too much. I'm really going to start talking to the coaches more at Bama. Bama is a real impressive school.

Looks like he will return again this spring. He said he will be at camp this summer. UA is recruiting him as a LB. Williams, Kitt, and Glass all left with offers and hung out with each other the whole time.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:16 PM   #92
cockywill09
Game MVP

Male

We gotta hurry up and get his commitment and secure it ASAP...looking Like August 9 I believe
Old 01-27-2013, 07:17 PM   #93
Tide Warrior
Blue Chip

Male

Tide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
He's one of the guys I'm hoping will commit on Junior day Feb 2 next weekend.
Really not followed his recruitment yet but he was quoted as saying he will commit before his 1st game of his senior season. Which I assume will be in August.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:27 PM   #94
espn4lyf
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10136
espn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot material

No worries
Old 01-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #95
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

Quote:

Then ask the moderators and administrators to change the rules and guidelines. Until they change their policy for Cockytalk, we should obey it while we're here. As soon as they change the rule, I will be the first to offer a ton of info that comes from the Twitterverse. Until then, we need to respect the wishes of the Cockytalk administration. Many of the moderators, especially in the Cockpit forum, are not as active as they once were. The ones that are active don't occupy as many hours online as they perhaps once did, and they certainly aren't on all hours of the day and night. To fill that gap, there are several helpful users who guide new users and users unfamiliar with Cockytalk to the FAQ, so that they may post within the regulations. Regular users cannot ban. They cannot close threads. They cannot edit posts. They can, however, educate their fellow posters so that in the future, they're on the correct path. That keeps Cockytalk clean, tidy, organized, and prevents us from looking like that shithole of a messageboard, Tigernet.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:48 PM   #96
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by espn4lyf View Post
No worries
Awesome.

Dude definitely seems like he is all Gamecock.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:50 PM   #97
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Terry Googer said that Allen-Williams is recruiting he and others to USC already
Old 01-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #98
Tide Warrior
Blue Chip

Male

Seems to be a visit high and a long way off until NSD for these guys. Also for what it is worth Nick Glass(UGA commit) one of the other 2 he drove down with is coming back to UA in a few weeks with his family to meet with the coaches. The other player was Kitt.

“Me and Nick definitely want to play with each other,” Allen-Williams said. “Alabama is definitely in consideration for all three of us. Alabama is a great program. We may come to Alabama. We may go somewhere else, but we really want to play with each other.”

One thing working in UAs favor is a former team mate and friend at UA now B Green. The fact he still has USC as a leader says a lot though and he appears to be USCs to lose.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:02 PM   #99
cockywill09
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tide Warrior View Post
Seems to be a visit high and a long way off until NSD for these guys. Also for what it is worth Nick Glass(UGA commit) one of the other 2 he drove down with is coming back to UA in a few weeks with his family to meet with the coaches. The other player was Kitt.

“Me and Nick definitely want to play with each other,” Allen-Williams said. “Alabama is definitely in consideration for all three of us. Alabama is a great program. We may come to Alabama. We may go somewhere else, but we really want to play with each other.”

One thing working in UAs favor is a former team mate and friend at UA now B Green. The fact he still has USC as a leader says a lot though and he appears to be USCs to lose.

Yeah gotta hang on idk why we haven't offered nick glass yet.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:08 PM   #100
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

You have to remember our class is going to be much smaller in 2014 and this will cause some to commit earlier than usual if they want to be part of the class. Try don't wan to run the risk of missing out....then add in the fact that the state of SC has some really good players in this class and many of them have already said that Carolina leads with them. Also with Deke Adams just coming on board, he has already made a very favorable impression on all the recruits he has talked to so far. I'm very encouraged by the potential of the 2014 class, it has a chance to be one of the best ever.
Closed Thread