CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
catdaddy66
GregoryHouse
JaxcockFL
doubledribble
SMOTFS86
Cockhornleghorn
B-G
Regalcock
crowcutta
2014 Subway Classic: (2171)
Props to Eric Hyman. (1675)
Former Gamecock root (1496)
Franks boy's are pla (1396)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Has the window close (726)
Bruce!!! (653)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (623)
Kentucky is dominati (597)
Question for those w (516)
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
Decommitment from Texas A
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
UFC Fight Night 58: Lyota
Has the window closed for
The Vent and Coaching cha
Bruce!!!
Franks boy's are playing


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 06:29 PM   #41
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American
 
U-Dub Gamecock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: $500,000 from the Lake
Posts: 12,745
CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Brad Lawing

The lawyer's kid in section 506 scared him away
__________________
Just a lost Dawg from the 425.
U-Dub Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:50 PM   #42
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's
 
cocknblue's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: South Durham
Posts: 1,145
CockyCash: 600
cocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPit
Default Re: Brad Lawing

The Green Strip told him to leave.

The Green Strip knows all!!!
__________________

ďOf course, itís a bit of a jump, isnít it? I mean, erÖ chartered accountancy to lion taming in one go. You donít think it might be better if you worked your way towards lion taming, say via banking or insurance?"
cocknblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:50 PM   #43
DiamondGamecock
Banned
 
DiamondGamecock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbia
Posts: 1,055
CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs
Default Re: Brad Lawing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter View Post
I think everyone keeps saying it because of denial. two weeks ago BL was THE MAN, now, he's trash. funny how that happened all the sudden.
Well when you leave one SEC school you have been coaching at for 17 years for another SEC school for the EXACT SAME position. It is going to piss off people. It isn't an upgrade by any means, he is doing the same thing there he was doing here.

Even Spurrier has a nasty taste in his mouth for Lawing now. It would be one thing if he got a head coaching job, but he didn't.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:51 PM   #44
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist
 
JaxcockFL's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 8,616
CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material
Default Re: Brad Lawing

I guess he got tired of closing his eyes and thinking of other wings while he was eating his wife's wings.

He could always whip up a batch of his own wings like I did when I was single and between wing joints.
__________________
JaxcockFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #45
Schecter
Banned
 
Schecter's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: around
Posts: 2,479
CockyCash: 200
Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material
Default Re: Brad Lawing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGamecock View Post
Well when you leave one SEC school you have been coaching at for 17 years for another SEC school for the EXACT SAME position. It is going to piss off people. It isn't an upgrade by any means, he is doing the same thing there he was doing here.

Even Spurrier has a nasty taste in his mouth for Lawing now. It would be one thing if he got a head coaching job, but he didn't.
A pay raise and a move to a traditional powerhouse doesn't sound like a lateral move to me.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:18 PM   #46
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American
 
crowcutta's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: land de la rich
Posts: 8,233
CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material
Default Re: Brad Lawing

its not a downgrade, he's going to a great place, but he's a position coach taking a position coach job.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #47
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC
 
Garnet girl's Avatar
 
Female

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Greenville
Posts: 3,537
CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material
Wink Re: Brad Lawing

Steve Spurrier knows people in Florida. It is good to have Steve on your side if you are wanting to relocate. Brad wanted to relocate. Columbia was just way too hot!
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #48
SirSpur05
Walk On
 
SirSpur05's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Greenville
Posts: 85
CockyCash: 500
SirSpur05 has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Brad Lawing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter View Post
A pay raise and a move to a traditional powerhouse doesn't sound like a lateral move to me.
Disagree 100%. Don't get me wrong, Florida does have a more impressive football history than us but I think the main thing to look at is the state of both programs right now/lately. We did lose to Florida last year but "powerhouse" is NOT what comes to mind when I compare them with South Carolina. Besides, sometimes coaches like a challenge, i.e. Steve Spurrier.

Last edited by SirSpur05; 01-27-2013 at 09:15 PM. Reason: mispell
SirSpur05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #49
Makindough
Starter
 
Makindough's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 1,329
CockyCash: 280
Makindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPit
Default Re: Brad Lawing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter View Post
A pay raise and a move to a traditional powerhouse doesn't sound like a lateral move to me.
They werent a "traditional powerhouse" until a man named Steve Spurrier was hired there. I think everyone can finish the rest of this post.
Makindough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:43 PM   #50
CockyMBA
Recruit
 
CockyMBA's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 182
CockyCash: 500
CockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his claws
Default Re: Brad Lawing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet girl View Post
Steve Spurrier knows people in Florida. It is good to have Steve on your side if you are wanting to relocate. Brad wanted to relocate. Columbia was just way too hot!
THIS.

I think people are forgetting Ward's & Spurrier's comments regarding Lawing leaving. From everything I read, Lawing needed a change of scenery...Spurrier's connections to UF opened that door. As Ward said, the move wasn't really about football. It wasn't about pay. Lawing wasn't mad he wasn't offered the DC position over Ward.

Bottom line is Lawing needed to leave. He left with the blessings of Spurrier & Ward. His replacement is at least a better recruiter. And we get to see if he can help develop talent as well or better than Lawing.
CockyMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:49 PM   #51
Schecter
Banned
 
Schecter's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: around
Posts: 2,479
CockyCash: 200
Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material
Default Re: Brad Lawing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSpur05 View Post
Disagree 100%. Don't get me wrong, Florida does have a more impressive football history than us but I think the main thing to look at is the state of both programs right now/lately. We did lose to Florida last year but "powerhouse" is NOT what comes to mind when I compare them with South Carolina. Besides, sometimes coaches like a challenge, i.e. Steve Spurrier.
Maybe Brad doesn't want a challenge. They went to a BCS bowl last year, we didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makindough View Post
They werent a "traditional powerhouse" until a man named Steve Spurrier was hired there. I think everyone can finish the rest of this post.
I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. As of today, Florida is a better program than South Carolina, whether you wanna believe that or not.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:51 PM   #52
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep
 
Rh Gamecock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Rock hill
Posts: 1,097
CockyCash: 200
Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly
Default Re: Brad Lawing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter View Post
A pay raise and a move to a traditional powerhouse doesn't sound like a lateral move to me.
We would of matched his price but we didn't want to keep him / plus he wasn't staying anyways he left bc of personal problems so a pay raise and a job at Florida didn't necessarily sway him away.
__________________
Rh Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:56 PM   #53
cofcgamecock9
Banned
 
cofcgamecock9's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,963
CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Brad Lawing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter View Post
Maybe Brad doesn't want a challenge. They went to a BCS bowl last year, we didn't.



I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. As of today, Florida is a better program than South Carolina, whether you wanna believe that or not.
AS OF TODAY, that is very arguable and it is certainly not a fact so I am not sure why you are spewing it like it is. If a Florida fan tried to argue with me that Florida, as of right now, was a better program, I would not argue back because he is a fan and there are certainly arguments for both sides. But it ludicrous to act like there is not an argument to be made for SC being the better program AS OF TODAY.

SC has finished ranked higher in the polls for the past THREE SEASONS.
SC has won 2 out of the last 3.
SC has won more games (both overall and conference) games in the past three seasons.
SC has Steve Spurrier and Florida has Will Muschamp.

So you make the argument of Florida going to a BCS bowl. Yes they did, where the proceeded to get blown out by Louisville. But to your point, Florida has some valid arguments as to why they might be considered the better program right now. But SC certainly does too "whether you want to believe that or not."
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:00 PM   #54
Schecter
Banned
 
Schecter's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: around
Posts: 2,479
CockyCash: 200
Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material
Default Re: Brad Lawing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
AS OF TODAY, that is very arguable and it is certainly not a fact so I am not sure why you are spewing it like it is. If a Florida fan tried to argue with me that Florida, as of right now, was a better program, I would not argue back because he is a fan and there are certainly arguments for both sides. But it ludicrous to act like there is not an argument to be made for SC being the better program AS OF TODAY.

SC has finished ranked higher in the polls for the past THREE SEASONS.
SC has won 2 out of the last 3.
SC has won more games (both overall and conference) games in the past three seasons.
SC has Steve Spurrier and Florida has Will Muschamp.

So you make the argument of Florida going to a BCS bowl. Yes they did, where the proceeded to get blown out by Louisville. But to your point, Florida has some valid arguments as to why they might be considered the better program right now. But SC certainly does too "whether you want to believe that or not."
as of today, they beat the pants off of us last year and went to a BCS bowl. Whether you want to believe that or not. you are gonna use the last three seasons, because it helps SC's cause, but if you're gonna do that, why not use all of history? in the past 4 seasons they have won a national championship and a SEC championship. but I guess that doesn't matter though, huh?
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:43 PM   #55
cofcgamecock9
Banned
 
cofcgamecock9's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,963
CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Brad Lawing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter View Post
as of today, they beat the pants off of us last year and went to a BCS bowl. Whether you want to believe that or not. you are gonna use the last three seasons, because it helps SC's cause, but if you're gonna do that, why not use all of history? in the past 4 seasons they have won a national championship and a SEC championship. but I guess that doesn't matter though, huh?
Ok, so let me ask you a question and you have to use the same logic you have used to make this point of Florida being a better program TODAY because of "beating the pants off of us" this year and going to a BCS Bowl. Please answer each of the three questions below. No need for "explanations" since you seem to think that who is a better program is a "black and white" issue based on your criteria. So one word answers, which of the following teams below are better programs AS OF TODAY?


SC or Florida? (you already answered that one)
Georgia or SC?
Florida or Georgia?
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:59 PM   #56
arsekickinchicken
Walk On
 
arsekickinchicken's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: charleston
Posts: 4
CockyCash: 200
arsekickinchicken has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Brad Lawing

Not sure if this is 100% accurate, but heard a rumor from a good friend of mine that lives in bennetsville that Brad was caught having an affair with a women who lives in Charleston. This friend heard it from the other womens father who is a small business owner in Bennetsville. Not sure if the divorce is true or his wife gave him an ultimatum to move, but either one given the speclatory scenario is plausable reasons for leaving.
arsekickinchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:10 PM   #57
Schecter
Banned
 
Schecter's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: around
Posts: 2,479
CockyCash: 200
Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material
Default Re: Brad Lawing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
Ok, so let me ask you a question and you have to use the same logic you have used to make this point of Florida being a better program TODAY because of "beating the pants off of us" this year and going to a BCS Bowl. Please answer each of the three questions below. No need for "explanations" since you seem to think that who is a better program is a "black and white" issue based on your criteria. So one word answers, which of the following teams below are better programs AS OF TODAY?


SC or Florida? (you already answered that one)
Georgia or SC?
Florida or Georgia?
Georgia and they're about tied, but I'll give it to Florida.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:16 PM   #58
cofcgamecock9
Banned
 
cofcgamecock9's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,963
CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Brad Lawing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter View Post
Georgia and they're about tied, but I'll give it to Florida.
So let me get this straight. Your logic for for Florida being better than SC is that "they beat the pants off of them" this year. When I tried to bring up that last three seasons, you said that didn't matter.

Yet, somehow, miraculously, you think that Georgia is a better program than SC AS OF TODAY. I guess you missed the part where SC "beat the pants off of UGA?"
You also "give the edge to Florida" in who is better between Florida and UGA? I guess you missed the game where UGA "beat the pants off" of Florida? Again, your own statement was that what happened this year is all that matters.

Sorry man, but your arguments are about as valid as Lindsey Lohan's driver's license.

You certainly have every right to think that Florida is a better program than SC. But it is more than reasonable to say otherwise.

This is too easy.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:20 PM   #59
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist
 
JaxcockFL's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 8,616
CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material
Default Re: Brad Lawing

Carolina was ranked 8 in the AP and UF 9. In the coaches poll, Carolina was 7 and UF is 10. I can see how folks could see those numbers and think that UF is better since their number is higher.
__________________
JaxcockFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:28 PM   #60
cofcgamecock9
Banned
 
cofcgamecock9's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,963
CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Brad Lawing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter View Post
.
Wait, but hold on, you said that you give the edge to Florida over UGA. But UGA won the EAST that last two seasons, which is why you are saying they are a better program than SC. It certainly can't be because of head to head matchups because SC has won the last three and "beat the pants off of them" this year. So your only reasoning that UGA would be better than SC TODAY is because they won the East. So why do you say Florida is better than UGA? UGA won the East AND beat the pants off of Florida. But somehow, you think Florida is the better program AS OF TODAY??

So let me get this straight, UGA is better than SC even though SC has beaten them for three straight season BECAUSE UGA won the East. Ok, so I got that part. But then you say in the same post that Florida is better than UGA.... Now you have lost me.

Interesting how you change everything around to fit whatever you want to see.... Yet, i am the one with the "garnet colored" glasses. haha, that is funny.

Last edited by johnnyb; 01-28-2013 at 08:56 AM.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development