CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
Badazcock
ReadR00ster
b381l
Gamecockswag
Gamecocks1137
cocksmith1or11
Regalcock
The Yancey
kingofnerf
Simple "yes&quo (711)
The Comeback & T (659)
ESPN Game Day Commen (654)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (451)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (451)
TeMarcus Blanton (387)
Phil Steele just pre (345)
Garcia: Change the R (196)
Wallpaper & Back (195)
Garcia: Change the Rules
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
Simple "yes" or
Bama @ Tennessee
Name a Gamecock
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Phil Steele just predicte
Who start on the d line t

Old 01-27-2013, 11:21 PM   #21
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material
Default Re: English switch hitting

3rd base is Vergason's natural position, it's what he played in junior college. He only moved to 2 just last year. Shrock is going to be one of the best hitters and his position is 2B, so moving Vergason to 3B and Dantzler to 1B makes the most sense
Old 01-27-2013, 11:22 PM   #22
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by walk.daddy View Post
I'm pretty sure he caught the first game against Arkansas. Maybe I'm thinking more about the Regionals and Supers but I'm almost positive he saw some action in Oma...... Nebraska.
Indeed he did. Just checked. Nice call. Sorry.

It's ok when we are talking about past, right?
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:29 PM   #23
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 699000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Opening day can't get here fast enough ! I'm as excited about this season as I was the previous two.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:08 AM   #24
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 117561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
All I know is with Tanner English's speed he can score from first one a single.
He can do that in his sleep.

The impressive story is that once, on national pancake day, he scored from first before Joey Pankake could sit down at ihop.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:22 PM   #25
uscbaseball32
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervous

Grayson's not going anywhere, he is an elite defensive catcher. Hopefully he will be able to hit the breaking ball a little better this year. I wish Martin could find his stroke he has a great looking swing.
uscbaseball32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #26
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit

if anyone got to see the games how did he look as a lefty?
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #27
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

I just wish Greiner could throw the ball back to the mound without his ball jiggling reminder not to throw it back to hard.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #28
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryarx View Post
I just wish Greiner could throw the ball back to the mound without his ball jiggling reminder not to throw it back to hard.
He actually improved over the year to the point that during the postseason it was almost not even noticeable to me.....I wouldn't be surprised to see him not even doing that now....

I'm real excited to see Schrock in action.....he's been getting nothing but raves, and you know he has to be good if Coach Holbrook and staff are moving the veteran players around to get the freshman onto the field. Kind of reminds me of when Whit, Jackie, and Christian made their big splashes....
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:54 PM   #29
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

If we can just get Tanner on base...walk, bunt, slap hit or double, it can instantly put us up 1-0 in the first inning.
If he gets to second, he scores on a single...at first, he can probably score on a double.

I think English's success at leadoff will be one of the biggest intangibles to a successful year.
That, and pitching depth.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:25 PM   #30
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit

from the left side if he slaps it to the left side he has a good chance to beat it out
no SS will throw him out from the hole
Old 01-28-2013, 04:34 PM   #31
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

We have the biggest problem with people posting idiotic posts in threads to ruin them within seconds. We have a GREAT Baseball conversation going on for a change ... and it has nothing to do with the OP ... oh well, I'll take it

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #32
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscbaseball32 View Post
Grayson's not going anywhere, he is an elite defensive catcher. Hopefully he will be able to hit the breaking ball a little better this year. I wish Martin could find his stroke he has a great looking swing.
We don't drop that much going to Vergason. Where you start to see a drop off is arm strength and hitting ... but as far as defensive catcher ... they're BOTH Elite and we wouldn't miss one with the other back there.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #33
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
3rd base is Vergason's natural position, it's what he played in junior college. He only moved to 2 just last year. Shrock is going to be one of the best hitters and his position is 2B, so moving Vergason to 3B and Dantzler to 1B makes the most sense
LB only had 4 errors on 3B last year. That would make it difficult for me to move him unless you were talking about more stick, which we are not in this case.
COCKYTALKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:08 PM   #34
uscbaseball32
Recruit

Male

uscbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervous

Do you mean Rosenburg Cack? Rosenburg is a great blocker and a pretty good framer of pitches, arm strength, which is a major part of being a great defensive catcher is no comparison. Greiner's long arms allow him to get some calls that not many catchers are able to get. He's still young, but when the draft comes calling he will be considered one of if not the best defensive catcher coming out of college. Height doesn't matter as much as people think for a catcher there are a lot of tall ones in the bigs now.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:12 PM   #35
uscbaseball32
Recruit

Male

To get back on topic, Tanner has to get on base a lot for our offense to be good this year. If he is able to bunt and slap the ball to the opposite field batting left handed he could easily bat well above 300. Hopefully his plate discipline will get better this year and the K's will drop, I think they will he's a much better hitter than people give him credit for. I can't wait for this year. Pankake is going to be All SEC.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:58 PM   #36
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

English has to get better with his discipline as well. He only had 14 walks last year, and he gets behind in the count a lot and doesn't stretch out at bats
Old 01-28-2013, 09:32 PM   #37
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

needs to try to make contact in order to get walks. if you foul off the good pitches you can either get a mistake or have them miss enough time to steal a walk. he was way to anxious to swing the bat and he wasn't comfortable hitting with 2 strikes.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:26 PM   #38
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

I remember talk about his eyesight toward the end of last season may have caused much of his problems. Hopefully there has been plenty of time to address and correct that issue.