CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
B-G
GregoryHouse
JaxcockFL
JerseyBird
doubledribble
usc1
Regalcock
The Yancey
gamecockgal
2014 Subway Classic: (1859)
Props to Eric Hyman. (1194)
Former Gamecock root (1192)
Franks boy's are pla (863)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Four USC Basketball (660)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (483)
Bowl packages (412)
Kentucky is dominati (408)
Chance of my lifetim (345)
Has the window closed for
Bruce!!!
The Vent and Coaching cha
How Long Will The Rebuild
Decommitment from Texas A
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
Kentucky is dominating UC
Question for those who ha
Franks boy's are playing

Old 01-27-2013, 11:38 PM   #21
gamecockboy89
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
gamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his comb
Default Re: Wilds

Wilds will undoubtedly surprise people who haven't followed our program closely. No doubt about it. Going to have a huge year.
gamecockboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:26 AM   #22
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factorynew View Post
Only question I have is whether or not he actually played vs. Michigan. The announcers called his name several times during kick coverage and I did see #22 out there. Who ever it was, it did actually look like him too, similar build and all. Of course, he was dressed out on the sidelines as well.. There is no question that #22 played. The only question is who it actually was.
That guy was a linebacker, stockier than Wilds really, I think it was Lewis.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:11 AM   #23
Gamecockboyo
Jadeveon Clowney Fan

Male

CockyCash: 131113
Gamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockboyo

Wilds did work his freshman year. You can't help but expect more from this kid
Old 01-28-2013, 09:08 AM   #24
jfbreb94
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

He seems to have a bigger frame that can carry more weight. I hope he cam bulk up and be able to take the Sec punishment.
jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:03 AM   #25
GarnetLaw
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 3000
GarnetLaw is learning to peckGarnetLaw is learning to peck

Wilds put the whole team on his back in Knoxville 2 years ago and helped lead that 10ish minute drive to seal the win in the 3rd quarter.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:14 AM   #26
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

We are friggin' deep at RB. Me likey

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #27
MDCox
Two Deep

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Winning the Board Bowl Contest 
CockyCash: 1740616
MDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudly

Manti Te'o is that you.

If you type in all caps I am not reading your post. Simple as that.
MDCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:02 PM   #28
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factorynew View Post
Only question I have is whether or not he actually played vs. Michigan. The announcers called his name several times during kick coverage and I did see #22 out there. Who ever it was, it did actually look like him too, similar build and all. Of course, he was dressed out on the sidelines as well.. There is no question that #22 played. The only question is who it actually was.
The announces called the name "Matt Wile" not "Wilds".

Matt Wile was the kicker for Michigan.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:51 PM   #29
Garnet Gamecock
Banned

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockboy89 View Post
Wilds will undoubtedly surprise people who haven't followed our program closely. No doubt about it. Going to have a huge year.
I firmly believe that Brandon Wilds is the closest thing to a "clone" of Latti as we could ever have.

...and he's learned from Marcus' running style, too...

Third downs will be money for the Gamecocks this year. Count on it!
Garnet Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:06 PM   #30
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

I think he is asking if he blew his redshirt. He took a redshirt year this year because of injury, but I don't count that as blowing it in his case. Blowing it is when you were going to redshirt but because of injuries or otherwise lack of depth ahead of you on the depth chart the coaches decided they need you to play now.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:22 PM   #31
Glamcock
Recruit

Male

Glamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Year View Post
I remember them calling Wilds on a special teams play because #22 was out there but it wasn't him. It was freshman LB Kawain Lewis. Lewis is bigger than Wilds but Wilds is a few inches taller.

You mean Lewis is a few inches taller. Lewis is about 6'3"
Glamcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #32
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycock View Post
He could very well be the breakout player of the year for us.
Well he definitely was his freshman season, picking up where Latti left off.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:55 PM   #33
jfbreb94
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

I was asking if he had blowed up during the season. Ya know get bigger, stronger. Sorry for the mis understanding.. Thanks again to the cockytalk beloved.
jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:29 PM   #34
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfbreb94 View Post
I was asking if he had blowed up during the season. Ya know get bigger, stronger. Sorry for the mis understanding.. Thanks again to the cockytalk beloved.

I am old an can no longer keep up with the slang and cool phrases of today's youth.

I thought Wilds was brolic coming into the 2012 season when we thought he would play. There is no way he could be around this team of workout maniacs and not continue to blow.

I can't use that phrase. It seems to mean the exact opposite of what I used to use it for.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:15 PM   #35
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamcock View Post
You mean Lewis is a few inches taller. Lewis is about 6'3"
Brandon is listed at 2" taller....6'2".
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote