CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
Badazcock
b381l
Gamecockswag
cocksmith1or11
The Yancey
kingofnerf
NAGamecockFan
conwaycock2
Travelin
The Comeback & T (613)
Simple "yes&quo (558)
ESPN Game Day Commen (511)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (434)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (395)
TeMarcus Blanton (327)
An A to Z of Noah We (297)
Phil Steele just pre (184)
Wallpaper & Back (180)
TeMarcus Blanton
Phil Steele just predicte
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
Simple "yes" or
Garcia: Change the Rules
2016 - Avery McCall
Ranking the SEC Football
The Comeback & The Bl
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti

Old 01-28-2013, 10:16 AM   #1281
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly
Default Re: CYTK Clan: BlOps II (PS3)

I was hoping to use the 2XP to prestiege this weekend, but I didn't even play last night so that was a wasted opportunity. I didn't get on until 10:30 Saturday night and no one was on.

I partied up with a guy on my friends list who wanted to play HC KC to work on his challenges for the Swat. I finally ended up getting all the longshots I needed for my Type 25 in only about 2 HC KC games.

I was using the target finder and playing on Aftermath. One guy on the other team had a tac insert inside the bus and I just kept getting longshot after longshot on him.

I don't know why the allow target finders in HC. It seems kind of easy mode. Even if people are running cold blooded your target still lights up red when it is on them, it just doesnt have the big red aimbot box around them. My next match was on Turbine and I used the same setup. There was no way I could have spotted all the snipers that were camping without using it.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:41 AM   #1282
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

I got us 250 more xp yesterday during the TDM challenge. Played yesterday evening and the connections were so bad I quit playing (even during double xp) and checked the trade in values.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:55 AM   #1283
BigSpenda864
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 466
BigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
I got us 250 more xp yesterday during the TDM challenge. Played yesterday evening and the connections were so bad I quit playing (even during double xp) and checked the trade in values.
I played a little yesterday and had good connections for a while then all of a sudden it went in the toilet. Watching the kill cam was a joke. I saw the bad guy and dumped a clip in him only to have him kill me. From my perspective, he was seeing a whole other situation. I had to just stop playing.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #1284
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

I think I'm about to pick up the new Hitman and start playing it as my shooter game. COD has gotten so big that the noobs ruin it. If none of the clan is on. It's a waste of time trying to play online, because all you do is get thrown on teams that have 4-29 against guys that are 30-2.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:03 AM   #1285
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSpenda864 View Post
I played a little yesterday and had good connections for a while then all of a sudden it went in the toilet. Watching the kill cam was a joke. I saw the bad guy and dumped a clip in him only to have him kill me. From my perspective, he was seeing a whole other situation. I had to just stop playing.
Ran into that yesterday too. The connection is too up and down on this game to ever have a great run.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:48 AM   #1286
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

Quote:
Nah don't do that. You just have to walk away when it gets bad and then come back another time. I love Treyarch COD games, but they really need to get their lag issues in hand. I don't see why there is such a big difference in lag issues between the Modern Warfare series and Treyarchs games.

I had my share of WTF moments in kill cams here lately. The one that is pretty constant is where it shows me not even shooting or looking in the guys direction and him side stepping me and killing me when I know I was dead on him.

I keep reminding myself that it all balances out. Everytime I get pooped on in the killcam I know I have probably caused some other guy in another game to say WTF when I killed them.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #1287
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Yeah I am currently not planning to buy the DLC. They gotta' do better than this and they apparently don't think it is a problem as they're more worried about gun balance. Maybe its just a ps3 thing. I even experienced the "awaiting textures" freezing problem at least three times this weekend, which they were supposed to have previously patched. When the heck is the respawn entertainment game coming out?

Last edited by LegalCock; 01-28-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #1288
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

That is strange about the awaiting textures thing. I haven't seen that since the game originally came out. It is not just a PS3 thing. A lot of the Youtube commentators were complaing all weekend on twitter.

With the new XBOX and PS4 coming out next year, I bet Respawn is waiting to launch its game on the new consoles.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:21 PM   #1289
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

Berry, what's your favorite GTA game (other than III). I'm thinking about DLing one of the classics. Vice city is coming out this week.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:25 PM   #1290
Berry
Sherlock

Male

CockyCash: 17578666
Berry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot material

Quote:
Berry, what's your favorite GTA game (other than III). I'm thinking about DLing one of the classics. Vice city is coming out this week.
I never played III. I love GTA SA. Vice City was ok, but SA is just a huge map. Whole bunch of stuff to do. When I jumped off the other night when I was playing with you guys, that's what I went and played.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:56 AM   #1291
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

Vice City was fun, but San Andreas was way better. Isn't it on the PS store? I still have my PS2 copy. It was by far my most played game last generation besides NCAA 2003.

My CJ character was always ripped with a fro. The music was great as well. I loved playing with the jet pack once you had access to it. I hope GTA V is more Vice City/San Andreas-like than GTA IV. They tried to make that one too realistic and took the fun out of it. I didn't even get pat the first island before I stopped playing it.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:50 AM   #1292
Berry
Sherlock

Male

Berry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot material

Yeah SA is on the store. Like I posted earlier, there is so much stuff to do. Drive bys, picking up hookers, stabbing people in the neck, running from the police. Racing cars and bikes. I wonder what the average time is to beat the game? Probably a month or two if you play a couple hours a night.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:54 AM   #1293
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

Is the SA on the store look exactly the same as the PS2 version or is it an HD upgrade? I don't have any controllers for my PS2 anymore. I don't know if it would be cheaper to buy a controller or SA again from the store.

I am sure it is like Red Dead Redemption in that you could do a quick playthrough if you didn't do all the side quests, but that takes all the fun out of it.

I still need to finish the BO2 single player mode. I might focus on that since the MP was irritating me last night.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:14 AM   #1294
Berry
Sherlock

Male

GTA SA is the exact same game as it was on the ps2. You use your ps3 controller to play. Graphics look about the same. Maybe these new fangled tv's make the picture better.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:16 AM   #1295
Berry
Sherlock

Male

I only played a couple games in BO2 last night. My 1st game I went 56-17 on slums. The whole Pittsburgh clan that was on the other team backed out after I called in score streak after score streak. Not my fault they wouldn't shoot anything down.

Been using the MP7 on hardcore and that there thang is a beast son.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:25 PM   #1296
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

It is nice when people don't blow your stuff up. I've been trying to run the AGR some. I had one game where it didn't even make it out the box before someone blew it up with C-4. Last night it was the first time it got me kills (8) and I think that is only because I was controlling it.

I tried out the MP7 not long ago. It is not bad at all, but it just seems a lot different the way it looks on screen to me than the MW3 version. I think the back two dot sights are bigger or something and it just messes up my field of vision when I am ADS. I have been using the Vector for the past couple of days. It is either good or bad depending on connection, there doesn't seem to be an inbetween.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #1297
Berry
Sherlock

Male

I have been running, UAV, Lightning Strike, and Stealth Chopper. I got a bunch of those last night in that one game.

I book marked that game film. I will see if I can upload it.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:25 PM   #1298
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

The new maps look okay from what I watched on Youtube. As usual, it will depend on how people play them and the lag. The new gun doesn't look like anything special. It will not beat out any of the other SMGs that is for sure.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:33 PM   #1299
BigSpenda864
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 466
BigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his comb

What's the challenge today?
Old 01-29-2013, 08:08 PM   #1300
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

Looks like CTF captures. I'll pass on that one.