CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Other Gamecock Sports

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Master Bedroom
Gamecocks1137
garnet_black215
CockyRyan
Regalcock
GamecockSuperFan
WeStillOwnUSC
B-G
StormOfTalons
Clemson Recruiting.. (3550)
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs (1599)
Ranking the Opposing (1497)
Clowney Spares RB Bi (1243)
Not a Rival.. (1104)
Gamecock Coaches as (972)
NCAA Football 15 (600)
Hello Gamecocks! (559)
Marching band (479)
John Rocker at rock (429)
SEC Recruiting Advantage
Gurley or Davis
2015 - Mon Denson
Ced Cooper's 40 Time
2015 - Brandon Sandifer
Ranking the Opposing Fanb
Galaxy vs Seatle
John Rocker at rock botto
Clemson Recruiting...how
2015 - Traveon Samuel

Old 01-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #41
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit
Default Re: things are looking good for the future of USC softball

They don't have a lot of reason to be but I think this team will be solid. If they can somehow get around the .500 mark this season getting some big W's here and there I would be happy. Baseball and softball are all about who is playing the best at the right time, hopefully the girls will start around SEC playing time.
lilhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:20 PM   #42
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
scfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudly

Arkansas made the NCAA tournament last year with only seven SEC wins . I could see us winning seven times in conference . Of course, our overall record still would have to be .500 or better . Need to win most of the non-conference games .
scfastpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:30 AM   #43
Gamecock#22
Walk On

Male

Gamecock#22 has hatched from the shell

The 53 game softball schedule for our Lady Gamecocks will be a tough road. They have 25 games against teams that made the NCAA regionals last year. Nine (9) of those games are teams that made the Super Regionals. Six (6) games against two teams who made WCWS. They also open up SEC play & our new stadium with 3 games against the defending Nationals Champions. If we can make the SEC tournamant this year, I will be very proud of those girls. I have pruchase my season tickets and I can't wait for Feb. 8. in Florida.
Gamecock#22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:11 AM   #44
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

The one thing I like is that there seems to be a solid foundation of talent to build around now.

Now, we just have to wait and see what the coaching staff and players do with it. I believe the girls want to succeed, not only as individuals but as a team.

FWIW, our hitters have improved every year under coach Beamon
Old 01-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #45
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

scfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock#22 View Post
The 53 game softball schedule for our Lady Gamecocks will be a tough road. They have 25 games against teams that made the NCAA regionals last year. Nine (9) of those games are teams that made the Super Regionals. Six (6) games against two teams who made WCWS. They also open up SEC play & our new stadium with 3 games against the defending Nationals Champions. If we can make the SEC tournamant this year, I will be very proud of those girls. I have pruchase my season tickets and I can't wait for Feb. 8. in Florida.
I think that would be all 24 SEC games (we don't play Ole Miss who didn't make it last year ) plus one non-conference game . A quick look at last year's bracket and I see UCF was in last year, so that's the other team . Need to go well over .500 in non-conference play .
Are you related to Alaynie Page ? Sounds like she has a good chance to start in lf .
Old 01-29-2013, 11:35 AM   #46
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

Lol I was kinda wondering the same thing.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:14 PM   #47
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

Here is a link to the 2013 poster . Sorry I don't know how to imbed it .

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/blog/...l%20Poster.JPG
Old 02-02-2013, 12:33 AM   #48
gsgp
Blue Chip

Male

gsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talons

Great news ..wait look at the horizon it that a light we see headed our way. Yes go ladies.
gsgp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:00 AM   #49
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfastpitch View Post
I think that would be all 24 SEC games (we don't play Ole Miss who didn't make it last year ) plus one non-conference game . A quick look at last year's bracket and I see UCF was in last year, so that's the other team . Need to go well over .500 in non-conference play .
Are you related to Alaynie Page ? Sounds like she has a good chance to start in lf .
Actually the schedule is even tougher than I (or gamecock#22) thought . Got my schedule poster yesterday at the CLA so I was looking at it a little closer . We play 10 games against teams that were in the CWS - Three SEC teams plus South Florida . Don't know how I missed South Florida since I watched their SR games on TV last year . And I count 30 games vs teams that were in regionals - 24 SEC games plus UCF, USF, Northwestern, Georgia Southern and two games with Coastal Carolina .

edit - 10 games vs teams that were in the cws (1 vs South Florida) . And the USC web site says 31 games vs teams that were in the regionals, so I'm still missing one .

Last edited by scfastpitch; 02-04-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #50
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

It's Gameday!
Old 02-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #51
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhornet View Post
It's Gameday!
The Stetson web site says their video is free . I may check it out .
Old 02-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #52
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

That's not a bad idea, is it the whole tournament they are covering or just the games they play in?
Old 02-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #53
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhornet View Post
That's not a bad idea, is it the whole tournament they are covering or just the games they play in?
I think they are just doing video of Stetson games .
Old 02-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #54
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

We were leading 5-0 but the Hatters have drawn close to 5-3 in top 4th...
Old 02-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #55
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Lady Gamecocks got out of the top of the 4th without any more damage. In the bottom, they respond with 4 runs of their own to extend the lead to 9-3....
Old 02-08-2013, 09:35 PM   #56
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

...but then loads the bases and gives up a GS HR to make the score 9-7 in the top of the 5th. They escape that half inning without any more damage...
Old 02-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #57
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

Grand slam for Struett in the bottom of the 5th ! USC wins 15-7 .
Old 02-08-2013, 09:46 PM   #58
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

Crazy game....USC led off every inning with the lead-off hitter getting on base, and they do it again for the 5th inning in a row. They get some hits and score 2 runs to push the lead up to 11-7, then Stetson makes a pitching change. The next pitcher loads up the bases and then gives up a GS HR to USC! Second grand slam homer in the game, one for each team. That makes the score 15-7 USC and USC thus wins the game on the run rule/mercy rule. It was the highest scoring game in Stetson field's history. Crazy way to open the season....
Old 02-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #59
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 200
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

I haven't followed Softball as of yet, but you put a team together that wants to win, and slap a Gamecock logo on it, I'm in!!!

We want to be winners in EVERY sport!
Old 02-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #60
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107787138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

We're beating Michigan State 4-0 in the 2nd