CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
RGHoskins
Master Bedroom
donbgamecock
taylorssc
El Cid Ranger
ccured
markymark550
Captain9Dragons
Fight, win, kick a-- (1438)
The Gator Bowl wants (1095)
Why I'm hopeful abou (1089)
A simple defensive l (832)
USC will upset Aubur (824)
In-state QB talent (671)
Texas athletic direc (422)
This is War (399)
SEC Debate: Best can (366)
Which loss hurt wors (307)
BA ranks recruiting class
Texas athletic director:
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Garber vs Klinsmann round
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
Cann tipping plays?
Rest of the season predic
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
A simple defensive line &

Old 01-29-2013, 09:51 PM   #21
Cocks and Canes
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Cocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot material
Default Re: corey miller pounded the gamecocks today

Just wondering what star athletes we've had that feel shunned by the university? For the record, a guy deciding to say his high school in his intros does not mean he feels shunned.

Not counting Corey Miller, who is an gigantic douche.
Cocks and Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:03 PM   #22
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

For every one guy who feels shunned, there is one who feels like he is still part of the university/football program.

There are pictures of 24 former QB's on the front of today's sports section of The State newspaper who at least appear to be still connected in some way, otherwise they wouldn't have come to the gathering that was held.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:08 PM   #23
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

maybe its not such a bad thing Corey brought this up. It might get the attention of the athletics department if they really feel it can be used against the school in recruiting and they can address the issue.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:15 PM   #24
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

I'm assuming the salt pill issue is a legal matter and we just can't give out anything since he's not a student.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:22 PM   #25
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 799000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Corey who ?............................
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:35 PM   #26
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

How badly can one need salt pills? I have never taken one in my life and have never even heard of them. Put some salt on your meals.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:39 PM   #27
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Justice Cunningham is now technically a 'former athlete'...things do change...but, his last season playing for us...his career here...just ended a few days ago. The guy is working out, preparing for his shot at a career in the NFL...he should have been given whatever he needed to workout and prepare for this. It is in our program's best interest that he make it in the NFL and we do all that we can do to help him in getting there. I might add that it is also the only decent thing to do. The job of the university, any university, is to prepare you for life and for a career...seems like someone forgot that. We have gotten him to the River Jordan and instead of helping him across it and into the Promised Land, we seem to just be telling him to swim for it.

Justice deserves better than this...all of our players do...but, certainly Justice. I for one am embarrassed that our athletic department treated such a fine Gamecock and person in such a manner.

Corey Miller, while the public did need to know this, needs to quit using black marks against our University to stuff his wallet. Perhaps we should start calling him Ronnie Morris II.

I mentioned this a few weeks ago, but it applies here too. A couple of years after Sterling Sharpe graduated, he and a few of his NFL buddies were working out at W-B. JoMo had just passed and a steriod investigation was about to go public in Sports Illustrated. The University hired Sparky Woods to help clean this up. But, SS was told that he was no longer welcomed to work out at W-B (in front of his buddies) b/c The University was trying to distance itself from JoMo's program.

I do not believe that he has ever been back.

Compare that to how other universities treat their former players and you'll see part of the culture that still needs some changing around here.
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:42 PM   #28
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

On TBS, one of the mods said that Justice is now paying thousands to be trained in Atlanta and that they should handle his needs. I don't know how these things work normally.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:13 AM   #29
mater
Class of '02

Male

CockyCash: 100380
mater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot material

after the thousands I paid for my degree I cant even free tickets.

Plus....they were talking about Jackie Bradley working out at the stadium today...Corey has always had a bad habit of shooting his mouth off.

"When a suitcase just won't do."
mater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:35 AM   #30
Gamecock303
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 95200
Gamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot material

if there is anyone that can fix the problem with former players it is Tanner. He has always seemed to keep his former players close to the program.
Gamecock303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:23 AM   #31
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Yep.

We have serious NFL talent going on right now, we need to do everything in our power to make those guys a continuing part of the program.

The outreach is better now, but not as good as it should be.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:52 AM   #32
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

I have the perfect solution to fix this problem. Do what Spurrier and FLA did and that's create a Hall of Fame for our players.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:57 AM   #33
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

When they play, they are treated great and are given everything. Then, in one day, that treatment is taken. It has to be an adjustment for the player and it must sting a bit.

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:00 AM   #34
Wiz Khalifa
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Wiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudly

this guy is all about attention.

i remember when he gave up on our team in 2011 after Auburn upset us on CBS. He said this team was a 7 win team at best.

We win 11 games including a Capital One Bowl win and hes flaunting his Gamecock pride like he stuck with them from the beginning of the season.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:29 AM   #35
RebelGamecockfan09
Runnin round

Male

CockyCash: 1225
RebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his comb

I don't post much, but in division II which I'm currently an athlete in, the training staff is under serious regulation what they can and can't do. For example, they can't treat normal students whatsoever because they haven't signed any paper work. Every year you have to fill out all this ncaa regulation stuff and release forms for the training staff at the school to work on you. I highly doubt you can get anything from them after you grad, as it would be a huge ncaa and legal violation. I'm sure its similar for DI.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:52 AM   #36
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Clemson lays out the red carpet if a water boy shows up on the door step.

I spoke to Brandon Bennett a few years ago (he played on my flag football team), and he said that he couldn't count how many times he reached out to the school to try to see if they had any of his old jerseys or anything that he could buy. He said every time he called he got the run around from people that said they had no clue who he was. The 2nd leading rusher in our history, and the man responsible for the greatest play in school history.

This is a MAJOR problem, and it needs to be fixed.
Wow that is sad! If a player like Bennett can't even get an old jersey and we have idiots working in the athletic dept that don't know who he is that is pathetic. I agree though this is a problem and needs to be addressed. It's always a positive thing when successful former players are around the program. Hopefully we start a new trend with guys like Alshon, Mathews, rice, Gilmore, Captain and others that are in the league right now. And those soon to be like lattimore, Ace and DJ

As for Cunningham and the salt pills. I'm assuming after a player graduates they are not allowed to give them any sort of supplement for liability purposes.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:00 AM   #37
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

I wonder if Corey Miller thinks constantly bashing his own 'beloved' University on the radio every couple of days...for following both the rules and the law...hurts recruiting as much as a former TE not being able to continue to received free salt pills and training support after his eligibility is up?

Last edited by LBC; 01-30-2013 at 09:11 AM.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:21 AM   #38
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

While I agree that the university needs to do a better job of staying connected with athletes, I also realize the more I read about Corey Miller, the more I realize how big of an idiot he is.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:21 AM   #39
d20636
Haven't seen your acid...

Male

CockyCash: 1360
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material

The liability issue is fact. Not giving salt pills or ibuprofen or whatever isn't "not reaching out" to former players. This is about giving former players "stuff" - whether that be material items or access to services. Linking "not giving stuff" to "not reaching out" is - well - a reach IMHO.

Would the former athlete need to have graduated from the Uni? Or would a 1 year walk-on that only played on the scout team and then transferred out get the same treatment?

If we're talking "reaching out" - would that be to all, grads, ex-starters, fan favs, clipboard holders, or ?

If I complain that some previous organization I belonged to doesn't reach out to me enough, I'm pretty much just butthurt over a lack of ass-kissing...
Old 01-30-2013, 09:31 AM   #40
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

just throwing this out there.... ive been told by power lifters, iron men, wrestlers, martial artists, and more that salt pills arent good for you. its better to get it from food and drinks than an actual pill... thats prob why they didnt let him have them. they are more or less for EXTREMELY high activity in the HEAT and are more or less a last resort. im sure justice isnt running 10 miles a day in the heat considering its january. some guys just like to make a big deal when they arent treated like royalty
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote