CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
Gamecocks1137
El Cid Ranger
ReadR00ster
taylorssc
markymark550
Captain9Dragons
doubledribble
kingofnerf
Fight, win, kick a-- (1237)
The Gator Bowl wants (932)
CFN prediction for a (896)
Why I'm hopeful abou (855)
USC will upset Aubur (763)
A simple defensive l (723)
What happened to thi (673)
Ranking Top HC jobs (492)
In-state QB talent (484)
This is War (399)
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Thoughts on the basketbal
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Cann tipping plays?
Holiday desserts
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Why is everyone anticipat
BA ranks recruiting class
A simple defensive line &

Old 01-30-2013, 10:11 AM   #61
EricStahl
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
EricStahl has hatched from the shell
Default Re: 'Cocky Cloth' creators sue USC

It's 2013, and I just found this tread...Since I am no longer employed with ISP (now IMG College), I can share the TRUTH....Its amazing the falsehoods uninformed people make when simply ready a 3-paragraph story from the State.

The Wilder Brothers approached ISP in regards to thier "Cocky Cloth" idea. They WANTED to sell them and give some away. From DAY ONE, it was made clear to them the ISP SPorts is NOT IN THE RETAIL BUSINESS. They had previously sought the use of the school's logo through the Branding Office and were DECLINED...They came to ISP as another avenue to promote their cloths.

I said said, ISP Sports in not in the retail business. Thier role withing the athletics department is SELL SPONSORSHIPS! As the story states, "states the brothers were to negotiate with Barnes & Noble on a sales percentage", because "BARNES & NOBLE" not ISP controls in-stadium retail contracts. The contract with ISP was ONLY to promote the towels on the "matrix boards" and give 10,000 towels away in the student section for the last three games.

In short, these guys were NEVER given permission thru ISP Sports/Gamecock Sports Properties to SELL Towels. They were only granted the right to "Give Away" free towels, because it was a SPONSORSHIP CONTRACT, not a RETAIL CONTRACT.

The only "greediness" and "unprofessional-ism" in this situation, was when the WILDER BROTHERS didn't pay for the SPONSORSHIP CONTRACT they agreed to...The towels were distributed, and promoted as contracted.

I hope this sheds some light on the TRUTH....

I am a life-long Gamecock Fan, Columbia resident, an proud Alumnus, and I have nothing but love and respect for the Gamecock Athletics Department.
EricStahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:27 AM   #62
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

And the corrupt shiftiness comes out lately! This now and letting Justice not get a freaking salt pill! C'mon
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:29 AM   #63
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

FloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime843 View Post
And the corrupt shiftiness comes out lately! This now and letting Justice not get a freaking salt pill! C'mon
Um...the way I read it, it sounds like the creators of the Cocky Cloth didn't fully understand the roles of those they had placed expectations upon...
FloydTheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:42 AM   #64
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricStahl View Post
It's 2013, and I just found this tread...Since I am no longer employed with ISP (now IMG College), I can share the TRUTH....Its amazing the falsehoods uninformed people make when simply ready a 3-paragraph story from the State.

The Wilder Brothers approached ISP in regards to thier "Cocky Cloth" idea. They WANTED to sell them and give some away. From DAY ONE, it was made clear to them the ISP SPorts is NOT IN THE RETAIL BUSINESS. They had previously sought the use of the school's logo through the Branding Office and were DECLINED...They came to ISP as another avenue to promote their cloths.

I said said, ISP Sports in not in the retail business. Thier role withing the athletics department is SELL SPONSORSHIPS! As the story states, "states the brothers were to negotiate with Barnes & Noble on a sales percentage", because "BARNES & NOBLE" not ISP controls in-stadium retail contracts. The contract with ISP was ONLY to promote the towels on the "matrix boards" and give 10,000 towels away in the student section for the last three games.

In short, these guys were NEVER given permission thru ISP Sports/Gamecock Sports Properties to SELL Towels. They were only granted the right to "Give Away" free towels, because it was a SPONSORSHIP CONTRACT, not a RETAIL CONTRACT.

The only "greediness" and "unprofessional-ism" in this situation, was when the WILDER BROTHERS didn't pay for the SPONSORSHIP CONTRACT they agreed to...The towels were distributed, and promoted as contracted.

I hope this sheds some light on the TRUTH....

I am a life-long Gamecock Fan, Columbia resident, an proud Alumnus, and I have nothing but love and respect for the Gamecock Athletics Department.
Is the case settled or something?
Old 01-30-2013, 10:49 AM   #65
Grit_And_Steel
Not The Average Cracker

Male

CockyCash: 200400
Grit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot material

Old 01-30-2013, 10:49 AM   #66
EricStahl
Walk On

Male

EricStahl has hatched from the shell

It is my understanding that USC Athletics settled with the Wilders to allow them to sell their towels, as long as a majority of the proceeds benefit a non-profit, (Shriners)...

I simply posted my side of the story. I have not been employed with ISP (now IMG) since 2010, when i left my position at the UMiami to take a small college job back in SC.

Someone mentioned to me about this Blog, and honestly, I had not seen it before, so i took a few minutes to shed some light on the situation, especially considering the large number of falsehoods being discussed as truth....

More for my own piece of mind than anything, since I was not asked to give a deposition....
EricStahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #67
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Crap-load of banning going on.

Going to be a good off-season.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:47 PM   #68
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1705674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post

huh?

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #69
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
huh?
Yeah I'm not sure what he was saying there. Did someone get banned?
Old 01-30-2013, 02:28 PM   #70
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
I am not a lawyer but common sense tells you that if you don't get a deal in writing, you should not expect jack s*** in return.

Isn't the legal case pretty straightforward? If there is a contract that states the terms of a deal, and the school/ISP/GSP reneged on the terms, then damages are due. If not, then it's just a lot of hearsay and the Wilders don't have a case.

I am assuming that there is no contract and they are claiming that some verbal promises were made. Good luck with that in court. They must be hoping for a settlement if that is the situation.
You can have a verbal contract. All you need is and 1. offer 2. acceptance 3. consideration. 4. passes the statute of frauds and you have yourself an enforceable contract. It doesn't need to be in writing, but it helps when you are trying to sue.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:47 PM   #71
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

Quote:

You're looking at bans from over 3 years ago, guy.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:35 PM   #72
Cocks and Canes
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Cocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot material

I can confirm what Eric is saying is true
Cocks and Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #73
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

Wasn't the creator the creepy guy that was at Rendezvous before the spring game a couple years ago? Got real drunk and started pissing everybody off?

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:57 PM   #74
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGHoskins View Post
Wasn't the creator the creepy guy that was at Rendezvous before the spring game a couple years ago? Got real drunk and started pissing everybody off?
Nah - you're thinking of the guy from section 506...
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #75
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

Quote:

Yep.... dont understand why the ban hammer is being thrown around.
But getting back on topic. It seems that all the details weren't laid out properly.
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #76
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInGA View Post
Nah - you're thinking of the guy from section 506...
I'm serious. Pretty sure this guy was the originator. He was completely obnoxious and almost got his ass kicked like 8 times. Skinny guy with blonde hair if I remember correctly.

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:18 PM   #77
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 979723021
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Settle out of court for 50k, and get on with life!

Course now you never get anything free at WillyB again!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:23 PM   #78
Dizzy01
Game MVP

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Am I the only one that's not a big fan of the towels? I liked it better when people screamed, hit the bleachers or clapped more than waving a wash cloth around.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:39 PM   #79
usc52
Workaholic

Male

usc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via AIM to usc52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01
Am I the only one that's not a big fan of the towels? I liked it better when people screamed, hit the bleachers or clapped more than waving a wash cloth around.
Your crazy... the towels look great! Especially on tv

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
usc52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:55 PM   #80
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Need towels. USC can foot that bill for the fans.