CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
ReadR00ster
4gamecockfb
sporkgod50
OscarTheGrouch
Acockolypse Now
RGHoskins
bigdog2003
GoldenSpur7
Spurrier_Superior_On
Diamond DeSheilds, U (3172)
Dylan Thompson, Clas (1262)
Gamecock Legacy recr (836)
Women's bb - Deshiel (563)
Clemson's At It Agai (498)
22 ways to annoy peo (452)
Hope Springs Eternal (375)
Byron the bunny...fe (277)
*Official 2014 NHL S (207)
Chico McClatcher- 20 (202)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #1
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is
how has more ESPN anounce
Steak and eggs
2015 - Davon Durant
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Name a Gamecock
UK's Whitlow to transfer
Joeckel Transfering from
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso

View Poll Results: Who is your favorite
Stephon Gilmore 117 54.67%
Ryan Succop 97 45.33%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 11:38 AM   #1
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1731774588
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material
Default Stephon Gilmore vs Ryan Succop

Welcome to the

Cockytalk Favorite Player (2000 and current) Round 1 part 1

Use this thread to make your argument for who is your favorite player between Stephon Gilmore and Ryan Succop
Old 01-30-2013, 11:58 AM   #2
RMCUSC
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 400
RMCUSC is developing his combRMCUSC is developing his combRMCUSC is developing his combRMCUSC is developing his combRMCUSC is developing his combRMCUSC is developing his combRMCUSC is developing his combRMCUSC is developing his combRMCUSC is developing his combRMCUSC is developing his comb
Default Re: Stephon Gilmore vs Ryan Succop

man, they both had a bad draw.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 398687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

tough decision...succop should have kicked it higher in the swamp in 2006 so i'll vote gilmore.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:01 PM   #4
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

Johnny i get your a admin and dont want to offend you but at least while doing these pair players that compare. Stephon Gilmore to Ko Simpson , Adam Yates to Ryan Succop, Along those lines .
Old 01-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #5
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 97950
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
tough decision...succop should have kicked it higher in the swamp in 2006 so i'll vote gilmore.
Or maybe the OL could have blocked Jarvis Moss...succop is probably the best kicker that we have ever had and potentially will ever have. I think Gilmore was fantastic but I could not vote for him over an all time great at a position..this one is almost like the SNL bears vs bulls

Last edited by ShutTheSuccop; 01-30-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:05 PM   #6
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecOps Cock View Post
Johnny i get your a admin and dont want to offend you but at least while doing these pair players that compare. Stephon Gilmore to Ko Simpson , Adam Yates to Ryan Succop, Along those lines .
I understand that, however I was working with who was nominated, succop was the only kicker nominated...also I did the pairings based on number of nominations

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
I paired them up by number of nominations, the player with the most nominations gets a bye the first round (odd number of players nominated) the first part (of the first round) I posted today, includes all of the players nominated once and one player nominated twice (dimarco). second part of the first round (which I will post once this portion is over) will include all players (with the exception of Lattimore (bye) and Dimarco) with multiple nominations, they will be paired strongest (most nominations) to weakest (fewest)

I may make it double elimination after the first round, just depends on how froggy I feel!
Old 01-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #7
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

WOW ...tough choice in this matchup.
I voted for Succop though. Ryan was solid for four seasons. Stephon was
never as good through his Soph and Junior years as he was as a freshman.
I put the blame there on Ellis Johnson as the DC and Ward as the secondary
coach. Their schemes were too complex, and they had too many chiefs
trying to lead the indians. in Stephon's final year, over half way through it,
they decided to simplify the schemes and Gilmore finished strong. It should
have been that way for three seasons, but it wasn't, and Gilmore suffered
for it.

Ryan won games for us that we would have lost without him on the roster.
He got my vote for that reason
Old 01-30-2013, 03:52 PM   #8
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

I can't vote for a kicker. He was a realy weapon, but he was still a kicker.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:38 PM   #9
Gamecock_girl_west
1st Team All-SEC

Female

Gamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot material

Gotta go with Succop. He was clutch in so many games, and really represented the school well- still does. Gilmore was more hype than anything else. Maybe it was the schemes, but I just remember him getting beat or getting dumb penalties on plays that would have been drive killers.

Plus, Succop is one of the few kickers to get drafted- that alone has to say something.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #10
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007

Dang...this is the toughest one...wanted to vote for both of them...I voted Gilmore b/c he came through in the clutch more times seemed like...Succop let me down quite a few times when we needed him most but was still probably the best kicker we have ever had in the garnet and black

WIN ANYWAY!!

Old 01-30-2013, 05:40 PM   #11
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

Ok Johnny i understand now why. I didnt read the pairing process early my apologies.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:55 PM   #12
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecOps Cock View Post
Ok Johnny i understand now why. I didnt read the pairing process early my apologies.
no problem man, I had just posted it in another thread...was gonna post it in all the ops but decided not to, guess I will next portion!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:12 PM   #13
WE_ARE
Mr. BIG COCK

Male

WE_ARE has developed his gaff and talonsWE_ARE has developed his gaff and talonsWE_ARE has developed his gaff and talonsWE_ARE has developed his gaff and talonsWE_ARE has developed his gaff and talonsWE_ARE has developed his gaff and talonsWE_ARE has developed his gaff and talonsWE_ARE has developed his gaff and talonsWE_ARE has developed his gaff and talonsWE_ARE has developed his gaff and talonsWE_ARE has developed his gaff and talons

This is a tough one.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:43 PM   #14
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4259
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Succop was MR. Consistent but I voted Gilmore because he started the string of Mr. Football coming here and that helped get Marcus and Clowney.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #15
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

This is the toughest poll decision ever on Cockytalk I have experienced. I really don't know who to go with.

Might have to go with Succop because he was the best kicker we have ever had here.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

Old 01-30-2013, 08:26 PM   #16
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

Gilmore, arguably the biggest building block we've had beside since Spurrier has been here.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:05 PM   #17
imabeastonu
Banned

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

gilmore from my hometown...
Old 01-31-2013, 04:50 AM   #18
Go Carolina
We Are 138

Male

CockyCash: 735553
Go Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot material

Not fair to Succop. He's at the top of my list. But Gilmore truly got that instate ball rolling as far as recruiting. Spurrier was literally contemplating retiring after that Outback Bowl and so Gilmore gets a lot of intangible points from me for that.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:45 PM   #19
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Gilmore was the first high profile, highly recruited. Mr. football to stay home, and made it cool for Lattimore, Clowney, etc. to stay as well.
I can't vote for a kicker, anyway, not to be rude.
Plus,that blocked FG, against Florida, in 2006, almost made me cry.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:40 PM   #20
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

I'm sorry, but while I do like Gilmore...he was always the most suspect DB on the field and if someone got toasted, you were almost sure to see #5 looking upfield. However, he had all the other tangibles to be able to play the position and excel at the next level. Just gave up the big play more than I would like.

Closed Thread