CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
5lbYardcock
b381l
bigdog2003
GSC2013
StormOfTalons
18IsTheMan
evan_aggie
The Yancey
GH
Do we have any shot (2475)
Carolina opens -15.5 (1801)
What changes can and (1377)
(50 minute Replay) U (1316)
Shaw: Check Out This (1247)
Don't tell me we don (1191)
Gamecocks claimed an (1090)
Gamecock football Lo (973)
Tanner McEvoy should (904)
SOS Teleconference (859)
Connor Shaw Browns
Gamecock football Long Te
SOS Teleconference
Mike Davis "doubtful
who thinks we need a whol
Pirate Depth Chart
Carolina opens -15.5
MLS almost ready for play
Japanese High School Base
My Observations About USC

View Poll Results: Who is your Favorite
DJ Swearinger 238 96.75%
Derek Watson 8 3.25%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 05:12 PM   #21
Go Cocks 29
Hall of Famer

Male

CockyCash: 348
Go Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPit
Default Re: DJ Swearinger vs Derek Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by UgSaCmecocks View Post
two people on here are smok'n something

from what I hear that might explain why he got their vote...they probably like sammy potkins too
Old 01-30-2013, 05:20 PM   #22
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

why cant these stupid polls compare same position players. this is stupid
Old 01-30-2013, 05:34 PM   #23
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
There should be no questions or need to debate this one

DJ Swearinger. Too bad we couldn't have put DJs heart and soul
into Derrick Watson. DJ was a guy who made the most out of his time
on the team... Watson was a guy who never cared about anyone but
himself while he was here.
Exactly...DJ is more of a Rudy type story...Watson was probably the most PURE talented person to ever wear the garnet and black...but also the one that wasted that talent the most

WIN ANYWAY!!

Old 01-30-2013, 06:04 PM   #24
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeastonu View Post
why cant these stupid polls compare same position players. this is stupid
My man... If you think they're stupid, then feel free not to participate in
either the voting or your comments !

These polls were put together from the members nominations, so the
majority of the board doesn't agree with your opinion.

If you don't like the way it's seeded based on a large portion of this board's
choice, feel free to start a tournament of your own for just position vs
position.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #25
clemson sucks
6'0" 180

Male

CockyCash: 2477208
clemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to clemson sucks

I'm laughing out loud at this poll.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:44 PM   #26
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3462
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

In spite of his talent, Derek was nothing but trouble.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:47 PM   #27
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
My man... If you think they're stupid, then feel free not to participate in
either the voting or your comments !

These polls were put together from the members nominations, so the
majority of the board doesn't agree with your opinion.

If you don't like the way it's seeded based on a large portion of this board's
choice, feel free to start a tournament of your own for just position vs
position.
Strange that members voted for Watson but not for someone like Phil Petty
Old 01-30-2013, 08:01 PM   #28
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1706674488
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
Strange that members voted for Watson but not for someone like Phil Petty
phil will be part of part two (of round 1) I had to split the first round up because there were 23 total nominees

Quote:
I paired them up by number of nominations, the player with the most nominations gets a bye the first round (odd number of players nominated) the first part (of the first round) I posted today, includes all of the players nominated once and one player nominated twice (dimarco). second part of the first round (which I will post once this portion is over) will include all players (with the exception of Lattimore (bye) and Dimarco) with multiple nominations, they will be paired strongest (most nominations) to weakest (fewest)

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:10 PM   #29
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Easy one. Swag FTW.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:09 PM   #30
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 991000000
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Is Derek still living with Lou Holtz?
Old 01-30-2013, 10:37 PM   #31
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Big players make big plays in big games. DJ Swearinger epitomizes that statement.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:46 PM   #32
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

was i holtz who told watson he would either be playing in the stadium... or cleaning it?
Old 01-31-2013, 01:59 AM   #33
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jccgogamecocks View Post
Dj was a great team player/ leader. The only Watson lead was most arrests and dropped passes.
This, I'd lose some faith in gamecock nation if this wasn't a runaway
Old 01-31-2013, 09:14 AM   #34
Go Cocks 29
Hall of Famer

Male

CockyCash: 348
Go Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeastonu View Post
was i holtz who told watson he would either be playing in the stadium... or cleaning it?

i think the quote more specifically was to the effect of:

you have a choice, you can one day be filling up stadiums or sweeping them out

but yes it was holtz who said it
Old 01-31-2013, 09:38 AM   #35
jared
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 14402
jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb

This isn't the contest/poll creator's fault. This poll is terrible because Watson was nominated. Which brings me to my question... Why was Watson nominated?
Old 01-31-2013, 09:42 AM   #36
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

I don't remember him playing much as I was only 10 or so. And living in the country we didn't get good signal frim that Huge satelite dish lol. You could blow on it wrong and it lose signal!

Derek that is
Old 01-31-2013, 03:00 PM   #37
kidrobinski
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1320
kidrobinski is sharpening his clawskidrobinski is sharpening his clawskidrobinski is sharpening his clawskidrobinski is sharpening his claws

Watson vote here.

Came here when he shouldn't have; gave us instant cred.

One of the top 3 running backs we've ever had imo. Homerun waiting to happen.

Doesn't mean I don't love DJ too. But I'll take Watson.

Sue me.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:21 PM   #38
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Derek Who?
Old 01-31-2013, 03:25 PM   #39
Sonofacock
Mothershouldibuilthedwall

Male

CockyCash: 500
Sonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Derek Who?
Squeaky
Old 01-31-2013, 03:25 PM   #40
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 21358950
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post
...Watson was probably the most PURE talented person to ever wear the garnet and black...
No offense, but I strongly disagree. I can think of many who I think had more pure talent, a number of them running backs.
Closed Thread