CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
taylorssc
Outland
Latt7more
b381l
WeStillOwnUSC
gadeneer1986
Grit_And_Steel
usc1
Does South Carolina (1601)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Incoming Class (871)
Rest of the season p (859)
Let us clarify some (646)
Tennessee kickoff an (623)
Tennessee Game Time (621)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (575)
Just thought of some (491)
Is Clowney back toni (472)
Peyton Manning breaks Bre
Let us clarify some thing
Why is everyone anticipat
Miss St. defense
How do you want Auburn to
Bruce Ellington's First T
Official NHL 2014-2015 Se
How did we not make it.
Thoughts on the basketbal
Nick Saban on frustration

View Poll Results: Who is your favorite
Ace Sanders 96 48.24%
Jasper Brinkley 103 51.76%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 10:04 PM   #21
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ace Sanders vs Jasper Brinkley

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeastonu View Post
jasper destroyed tebow. jasper wins
Old 01-30-2013, 10:50 PM   #22
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Broke the tie with my vote for Ace. Jap was the first of a long line of game changing LBs we've had lately, but we've won HUGE games the last 3 years with Ace, and finally got a PR who could and did return punts for TD... IN BIG GAMES. He was automatic on 3rd or 4th down catches to move the chains. We won 11, the last two years, with Ace, so he gets the nod.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:57 PM   #23
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglegolf018 View Post
That might have been impressive back in the day. But today, that looks like a pretty routine tackle.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:46 AM   #24
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit

It's really like comparing apples and oranges with these two and they couldn't be more different but for the sake of argument I had to go with Ace, he added a dimension to our game that the gamecocks haven't had in my memory. When's the last time we had a return man that people were actually afraid to kick to, he has the ability to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. Jasper was great but imo ace was the best returner in the nation this season
Old 01-31-2013, 04:57 AM   #25
Go Carolina
We Are 138

Male

CockyCash: 735553
Go Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot material

Geez. These are all tough matchups.
I think Jasper's injury hampers him a little here.
He was a domination before he got hurt. Still good enough to play in the NFL after, but that first year, he was clearly off a bit.
Plus, I guess Ace has that momentum factor, I mean he just torched Michigan a few weeks ago.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:49 AM   #26
jared
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 14402
jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb

Had to go with Ace. His punt return against UGA is one of my favorite memories ever at Williams Brice.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:56 AM   #27
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
His brother wasn't too shabby either. I still remember the play that can be argued won us the Liberty Bowl. The 4th and 3 or 4 play when Casper pushed the play outside with his speed inside and Jasper coming in to finish off the running back who wanted to cut inside but had to go outside and coming up 2 yards short. I think we went on to score after we stopped them but Houston was driving and the Brinkley Bros. took care of business.
Heck yeah!! Jap and Cap both were big time play makers while here and i thought both...especially Jap would go on to have a good career in the NFL but it's not working out too well so far. He is still on the Vikings roster but isn't contributing like i thought he would. Cap was with the Panthers but he got let go...not sure what he is doing now. Speaking of the Liberty Bowl...is Blake Mitchell gonna be in one of the players to vote for? He had a heck of a game in the Liberty...throwing 4 TD passes and a ton of yards

WIN ANYWAY!!

Old 01-31-2013, 10:20 AM   #28
Coop2Cocky
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Coop2Cocky has hatched from the shell

I love both players! But I had to go with Jap. The deciding factor was that I feel like Jasper brought a level of toughness and intensity to our team, that we had not had in a while. I also felt like, if you took Jap off of that team, they would be very mediocre. If you took Ace off of this year's team, I think we still would've been successful. Maybe not 11-2. But still a 9 or 10 win team.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:33 PM   #29
Flips
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
Flips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
That might have been impressive back in the day. But today, that looks like a pretty routine tackle.
Back in the day = 5 years ago. Tim Tebow is one of the best college football players of all time, and can run over guys in the NFL, let alone in college. This is about as big a hit as Tebow ever took in college.
Closed Thread