CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
TheUniversityofSC
Gamecocks1137
markymark550
MWard
WeStill0wnUSC
TAFC 5 1981
sanford
Spurticus
Lonnie
gamecockgal
Another A&M aggi (1643)
Predict Clemson 2014 (1390)
Green and Lammons (950)
ACC Wants Helmet Com (744)
Asheville/Spartanbur (563)
2016 - Terrance Davi (420)
2016 - Anthony " (348)
It's Cover Two's bda (316)
Nashville (291)
2016 - Dontye Carrie (239)
Is it time to switch from
Green and Lammons
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
2014-2015 Men's Non Confe
Another A&M aggie off
2014 ultimate tailgate po
Good Article for those co
SEC Coaches on the Hot Se
2015 - Albert Huggins
2015 - Brandon Sandifer

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 11:41 AM   #2281
Smashies_AC30
The Garnet Invasion

Male

CockyCash: 500
Smashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPit
Default Re: List of High-Rank 2014 Recruits with USC as Favorites

I think I'm going to maintain this initial post on this thread and try to keep it as up-to-date as possible. I'll add in a disclaimer on the list about taking it at face value, too, FWIW.

Everyone is encouraged to post any corrections that need be made (kinda like on the Offer Threads and Commitment Threads).

Thanks in advance for all y'alls support!!
Old 01-31-2013, 12:01 PM   #2282
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Please scratch Christian Miller....thank you. He said we didn't invite him to our Jr
day.
Agreed. CM isn't coming here. It'd be nice, but he's a 3-4 defensive kid (well documented), and honestly, I don't think his dad wants him here either, IMO
Old 01-31-2013, 12:30 PM   #2283
Smashies_AC30
The Garnet Invasion

Male

Smashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPit

added Deshun Davis, Damien Prince, and Zeek Rodney.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:32 PM   #2284
riceatusc
Misses Old Cockytalk

Male

CockyCash: 300000000
riceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to riceatusc Send a message via MSN to riceatusc

I'm hearing that Clemmons is backing off of Blake Bone and are not going to recruit him heavily anymore, something about not liking his speed. I work with a lot of people who know Woodruff football very well and they say he is leaning heavily towards us. We could use a WR like him
Old 01-31-2013, 12:37 PM   #2285
Smashies_AC30
The Garnet Invasion

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceatusc View Post
I'm hearing that Clemmons is backing off of Blake Bone and are not going to recruit him heavily anymore, something about not liking his speed. I work with a lot of people who know Woodruff football very well and they say he is leaning heavily towards us. We could use a WR like him
His rank dropped to from 67 to 71 at WR, probably not from poor performance but from some other WRs catching eyes. FWIW.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:23 PM   #2286
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Blake Bone Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
WR Blake Bone (6-5 195) of Woodruff said confirmed Thursday morning he will attend USC's junior day Saturday. Bone said the Gamecocks are showing serious interest. "I'm a big receiver, and Alshon (Jeffery) went to the league, so they are looking for a big target to get the ball in his hands," Bone said. Bone has offers from USC, Clemson and Ole Miss. He said he's not heard much from Clemson lately. He said he's also hearing from Georgia, Oregon, Alabama, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Georgia Tech, NC State, Kentucky, Florida State and Louisville. Bone said he won't rush a decision. "I'm taking my time," he said. "I definitely want to make sure I'm making the right decision." He does not have a favorite. Last season Bone had 65 catches for 1150 yards and 14 touchdowns.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...956/-1/PSPORTS

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 01-31-2013, 01:23 PM   #2287
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Zeek Rodney Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
2014 DL Zeek Rodney of South Pointe continues to hear from Clemson, USC, LSU, North Carolina and NC State. Rodney does not have any favorites but is considering a visit to Clemson in the near future. "I might go to a junior day," said Rodney. "I went to Carolina last year so I think I'll go to Clemson this year." He had planned to visit LSU's junior day February 18th but a schedule conflict will not permit the trip. "I really wanted to go but I have a banquet that I have to attend," he said. Rodney is still waiting on his first offer but said he feels USC and North Carolina are the closest to offering. He does not have any favorites.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...963/-1/PSPORTS

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 01-31-2013, 01:26 PM   #2288
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Caleb Kinlaw Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Goose Creek junior standouts TE Kalen Ritchie and RB Caleb Kinlaw will attend junior days Saturday at different places. Ritchie is going to Clemson and Kinlaw to USC according to Gators' coach Chuck Reedy. Ritchie has offers from Clemson and USC and Reedy expects him to stay in state. "I'd be surprised if he does not go to Clemson or South Carolina," he said. "Kinlaw could go anywhere. Georgia Tech likes him a lot." Kinlaw has offers from USC, Clemson, Tennessee, Georgia Tech and North Carolina. Coaches from those schools along with Ohio State have been by the check on the juniors who will be ranked among the best in South Carolina next season.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...967/-1/PSPORTS

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 01-31-2013, 01:32 PM   #2289
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Shaun Dion Hamilton Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
2014 LB Shaun Hamilton (6-1 230) of Montgomery, AL plans to attend a junior day at either USC or Clemson this weekend. He remains undecided on the destination. "I'll probably know by Thursday," said Hamilton. Both schools have offered along with Auburn, Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Florida State, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Arkansas, Arkansas State, Memphis, Louisiana-Lafayette, Kentucky and Duke among others. He attended Alabama's junior day and plans to go to Auburn and Florida after his trip to the Palmetto State. "I've been to Clemson twice and built a good relationship with the coaches," he said. "It's a good program that is on the rise." Hamilton has heard from the Gamecocks and Tigers that early playing time is very possible. "Both programs think that I can come in and contribute immediately, " As for USC he said, "They play in the SEC and have a great defense. I think they are a good program that is very underrated." Hamilton will graduate early and plans to enroll next January. He does not have any favorites.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...581/-1/PSPORTS

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 01-31-2013, 01:35 PM   #2290
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Blake Bone Thread (2014 Prospect)

dang, I didn't realize he was that tall

hope we can work something out, because it would be nice to have a bigger guy

Old 01-31-2013, 01:41 PM   #2291
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Christian Miller Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Recruiters from Clemson and Georgia Tech were by Spring Valley High School Monday to check on junior LB Christian Miller. Miller will visit Clemson Saturday for the Tigers' Elite Junior Day. This past Saturday he was at Alabama for a junior day. It was his second visit to Tuscaloosa and he met with Nick Saban for a second time, this time for about 15 minutes. Some of Miller's other offers are USC, North Carolina, NC State, Houston, Duke and Boise State.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...645/-1/PSPORTS

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 01-31-2013, 01:49 PM   #2292
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Christian Miller Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post

LMAO "Clemsons' elite junior day"... are you shitting me Daybo, good grief
Old 01-31-2013, 01:59 PM   #2293
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Shaun Dion Hamilton Thread (2014 Prospect)

Yes please
Old 01-31-2013, 03:21 PM   #2294
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Da'Shawn Hand Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
With all the focus on 2013 prospects, Florida is now a major player for 2014's No. 1 player Da'Shawn Hand with the hire of former Gamecocks defensive line coach Brad Lawing. The Gamecocks are still very much in the mix as well as they quickly hired North Carolina defensive line coach Deke Adams. UNC could be the one left out once Hand re-sets his top five list.
Link: http://southcarolina.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1466101

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 01-31-2013, 03:50 PM   #2295
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default 2014 - Brock Ruble - Florida State

Quote:
1/30/2013: South Carolina Gamecocks offer Brock Ruble
per 247 Timeline

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

247 Bio

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 01-31-2013, 03:53 PM   #2296
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default 2014 - Devon Wallace

Quote:
Jelks added the Gamecocks are now showing interest in his junior linebacker Devon Wallace
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...968/-1/PSPORTS

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 01-31-2013, 03:56 PM   #2297
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default 2014 - Edward Paris - LSU

Quote:
2014 DB Edward Paris (6-2 190) of Mansfield, TX has offers from USC, Clemson, Florida, Texas, TCU, Baylor, Texas A&M, Houston, LSU, SMU, Auburn, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, UCLA and Notre Dame among others. He has over 30 in all. Paris does not have any favorites but named Florida, LSU, Texas A&M, Texas, TCU, UCLA, Tennessee, Washington, SMU and Baylor as the schools he likes. "I don't have any favorites but those are the schools I've seen play," said Paris. "I know them and I like the way they play." Though the Gamecocks have not contacted Paris, he has heard from Clemson. "Coach (Chad) Morris is telling me what he probably tells all five-star recruits," he said. "He's telling me Clemson is a great place to play, has a great atmosphere, and great academics." Paris will celebrate his birthday March 29th and it could be the day he announces his decision. "I've thought about hurrying up the process because I had a teammate wait too long on the school he wanted to go to. They pulled his offer," said Paris. "I don't want that to happen to me. First, I have to talk to my mother and see what she thinks." Paris has not attended any junior days and does not plan to. He did not name a leader.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...649/-1/PSPORTS

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 01-31-2013, 04:01 PM   #2298
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Brock Ruble Thread (2014 Prospect)

Talk about a football name. He just sounds like he'd kick your ass for looking at him the wrong way.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:03 PM   #2299
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

6'9... holy hell. we would have two 6'9 OLineman, and two Brock OLineman
Old 01-31-2013, 04:25 PM   #2300
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Is his recruiter from Pitt "the" Bobby Engram, former Camden Bulldog and Nittany Lion??