CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
johnnyb
Master Bedroom
75CarolinaFan
Spurrier_Superior_On
SwampFox
WeStillOwnUSC
bcolinc
kingofnerf
sanford
Devonte Holloman Ret (2461)
JD & DJ Getting (1053)
Aggie looking forwar (1045)
Article on Shaw & (1015)
Cockaboose Owners (965)
I have not bought in (902)
and the #1 2014 acc (823)
I'm thinking we're g (724)
SEC East QB's Ranked (535)
Clemson OT to transf (468)
First "Carolina Call
Come and get your Johnny
2016 - Bryan Edwards
I have not bought into ou
Really excited to visit t
Lattimore Tidbit
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
Spurrier: Davis May Not B
Madden 15 demo?
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 07:27 PM   #221
badfish17
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 11500
badfish17 has earned his spursbadfish17 has earned his spursbadfish17 has earned his spursbadfish17 has earned his spursbadfish17 has earned his spursbadfish17 has earned his spurs
Default Re: Jonathan Walton Thread (2013 Prospect)

Walton will notify coaches but wait until NSD to announce.

http://wnsp.com/wordpress/?p=9021

Go Gamecocks !!!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:28 PM   #222
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

CockyCash: 200
EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

thats changed. he is going to notify coaches tonight. his coach will release it shortly there after. he is not waiting until signing day
Old 01-31-2013, 07:30 PM   #223
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish17 View Post
Walton will notify coaches but wait until NSD to announce.

http://wnsp.com/wordpress/?p=9021
Is it truly a commitment if it is kept secret...I don't understand the point
Old 01-31-2013, 07:31 PM   #224
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryThingGreen View Post
thats changed. he is going to notify coaches tonight. his coach will release it shortly there after. he is not waiting until signing day
ETG....what's your call.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:34 PM   #225
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryThingGreen View Post
I assume you are saying that because he was a 2* recruit?

The truth is that Zandi actually up to 315lbs already and the coaches love his upside and potential.
Nothing to do with stars at all, though I know he was a 2* prospect and undersized, he was also a shot put state champion and very athletic for a big guy. To date I haven't seen his name listed on any depth chart, perhaps I missed it, I really don't know. We also are bringing in a large class of Linemen and looking at the numbers for next year, anyone that has been in the program a few years but not seeing action may be asked to transfer or walk on Senior Day if they happened to have graduated.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:35 PM   #226
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
ETG....what's your call.
you have to think we're the current favorite as that is the way things are trending right now. Auburn rival guys said he is sold on playing defense, he is not sold on an H-Back role.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:35 PM   #227
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Nothing to do with stars at all, though I know he was a 2* prospect and undersized, he was also a shot put state champion and very athletic for a big guy. To date I haven't seen his name listed on any depth chart, perhaps I missed it, I really don't know. We also are bringing in a large class of Linemen and looking at the numbers for next year, anyone that has been in the program a few years but not seeing action may be asked to transfer or walk on Seniorto Day if they happened to have graduated.
we're not asking a redshirt frosh to transfer and that is why you don't see him on the depth chart from last year.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:36 PM   #228
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Quote:
Nothing to do with stars at all, though I know he was a 2* prospect and undersized, he was also a shot put state champion and very athletic for a big guy. To date I haven't seen his name listed on any depth chart, perhaps I missed it, I really don't know. We also are bringing in a large class of Linemen and looking at the numbers for next year, anyone that has been in the program a few years but not seeing action may be asked to transfer or walk on Seniorto Day if they happened to have graduated.
Last season was Zandis first season. All first year Lineman RS so he was never listed on the depth chart. The coaches really like his work ethic and he is 6'8" 300+ now which is not undersized. He just needs some development and could be a great player down the road.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:42 PM   #229
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRAY^# View Post
Last season was Zandis first season. All first year Lineman RS so he was never listed on the depth chart. The coaches really like his work ethic and he is 6'8" 300+ now which is not undersized. He just needs some development and could be a great player down the road.
Great, hadn't heard he had put on so much weight.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:45 PM   #230
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRAY^# View Post
Yea, I had to laugh at the "undersized" statement about trappers post.

Trapper, if that is truly what you think, then damn, you need to play because you must be a giant.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:48 PM   #231
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbgamecock View Post
Yea, I had to laugh at the "undersized" statement about trappers post.

Trapper, if that is truly what you think, then damn, you need to play because you must be a giant.
I meant when he was a recruit, as I recall he was around the 250 range. I used the word was, past tense.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:55 PM   #232
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
I meant when he was a recruit, as I recall he was around the 250 range. I used the word was, past tense.

I knew it was more about word selection Trap. I just chuckled when I first read it. Its was a difficult day at work and I just needed to rag a little. No harm guy......I got it.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:10 PM   #233
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbgamecock View Post
I knew it was more about word selection Trap. I just chuckled when I first read it. Its was a difficult day at work and I just needed to rag a little. No harm guy......I got it.
I hear you on the bad day. I don't want to come across as a guy that bashes players, I am just looking at next years numbers, the recruiting class we have in 2014 as is projected, and trying to figure out how to make the numbers work.

I was also thinking this would be Zandi's 3rd year.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:14 PM   #234
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

Quote:
I hear you on the bad day. I don't want to come across as a guy that bashes players, I am just looking at next years numbers, the recruiting class we have in 2014 as is projected, and trying to figure out how to make the numbers work.

I was also thinking this would be Zandi's 3rd year.
don't hurt your brain trying to figure out who will leave the program, just know that players leave every single year.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:21 PM   #235
Ace Dilcock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 680
Ace Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his comb

Zandi was a DE until his SR. year and was only 265. It was common knowledge that he would need time to get bigger. He was 280 when he got to USC and grew to 300 during the season, will probably be around 320 by fall. Guys that tall put on weight quickly. I have heard that he has picked up things really fast and could help soon if needed, but there are so many young OTs on the roster that he might not get much PT until his JR. year. But he has a lot of potential.

Oh, and good news with Walton...
Old 01-31-2013, 08:22 PM   #236
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

last i read Zandi was 315
Old 01-31-2013, 08:30 PM   #237
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

What's the good news.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:34 PM   #238
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 217705
elcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Is Mason Zandi a guy that will keep a scholarship? Seems like with the Linemen coming in we'd really need guys who can make the field this coming year.
Zandi looks like an NFL LT now....freak! Elliot should get a raise just for offering him.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:38 PM   #239
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid99 View Post
Zandi looks like an NFL LT now....freak! Elliot should get a raise just for offering him.
Connolly should be in line right with him.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:46 PM   #240
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
I think people should take note that a kid who grew up in Alabama watching the Iron Bowl his entire life with the dream to one day play in it can fulfill that dream, and he can't pull the trigger because of how hard this decision is. That speaks volumes of our coaches and our program, if you ask me. The Iron Bowl is one of the best rivalry games in the country, more nationally recognized than Carolina-Clemson and until recently, one that carried more national significance as well.
I think it just means that whole "Iron Bowl" dream thing is being blown out of portion. Not saying it doesn't factor at all, but probably as much as some think.
Closed Thread