CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
b381l
TAFC 5 1981
sanford
gamecockgal
usc1
robgusc76
Gamecockfanatic4
75CarolinaFan
Master Bedroom
Top 10 Reasons Why T (2169)
Jaguars Justin Black (802)
Kansas to invest $75 (705)
Spurrier vs Saban (699)
When does fall pract (692)
An Air Algerie Fligh (249)
Frank Caliendo + Mor (240)
Anyone Switching to (224)
Darth Vader 'Vette (154)
iPhone repair (85)
2016 - Bryan Edwards
Gamecock Showcase Attende
iPhone repair
2015 - Christian Pellage
college football match up
Asheville/Spartanburg eat
2015 - Nathan Gilliam
Expect A Healthy Dose of
2015 - Ty'Son Williams
Minda Kacinas Q&A - G

Old 01-31-2013, 10:47 PM   #21
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs
Default Re: Spurrier getting 100!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
That's a heavy lift ! Like to think so, but our guys need to sustain, and that's and even heavier lift !
If it happens, Carolina's football program will have achieved "elite" status, and all of us will be fat and sassy !..................
No!! We Will Be COCKY!!!!
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:07 PM   #22
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Yep.
The rumor is he will stay through Connor Mitch's career, then call it.
I believe Spurrier knows he has the team to win the SEC now.
It is setting up perfectly.
Four years, four SEC titles, and Spurrier takes USC to a first ever national title in football for his final game...is carried off the field with 100 victories, and without a doubt goes down as the greatest coach in USC history.
He has already achieved the status of greatest coach in USC history. But he's hungry for more, and that's what I love about him!
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:22 PM   #23
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

CockyCash: 0
BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
That's a heavy lift ! Like to think so, but our guys need to sustain, and that's and even heavier lift !
If it happens, Carolina's football program will have achieved "elite" status, and all of us will be fat and sassy !..................

Already there! Back to back 11 win seasons, I don't think I could handle getting any fatter or sassier. I'm sure I've died and this in football heaven ;)
BeatBamaTwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:41 PM   #24
gamecockgal
Cave Johnson's Lemons!!!!

Female

CockyCash: 1000000
gamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazak View Post
He has already achieved the status of greatest coach in USC history. But he's hungry for more, and that's what I love about him!

But what I like about him is that he has done so much.. and he still wants more.. he wants an SEC championship.. and a NC. And he doesn't want to retire till he gets both..

COCKS FOR THE CROWN!

LET'S WIN IT ALL!

CLEMSON KEYBOARD
gamecockgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:11 AM   #25
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

It was rumored that he promised Connor Mitch he would stay through his college career.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:24 AM   #26
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

All his hard work finally began to pay off these last couple of years and he is having more fun than ever since he has been here. He has a staff he Likes, family nearby, an AD he trusts and likes, more goals to obtain, and by and large, not an unreasonable base of fans to endure.

He will stay as long as his health permits and he continues to have a good program and he enjoys coaching. Doubt he even knows how long he'll stay. Low pressure and fun. What's not to like?
Old 02-01-2013, 09:43 AM   #27
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockgal View Post
But what I like about him is that he has done so much.. and he still wants more.. he wants an SEC championship.. and a NC. And he doesn't want to retire till he gets both..

COCKS FOR THE CROWN!

LET'S WIN IT ALL!
Actually, every time he's asked what his and the teams goals are he says "To win the SEC." He's never once came out and mentioned the NC. To him winning the SEC is the same if not more than winning the NC.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #28
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Yep.
The rumor is he will stay through Connor Mitch's career, then call it.
I believe Spurrier knows he has the team to win the SEC now.
It is setting up perfectly.
Four years, four SEC titles, and Spurrier takes USC to a first ever national title in football for his final game...is carried off the field with 100 victories, and without a doubt goes down as the greatest coach in USC history.
If that happens, I'll be broke with a boner.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:56 AM   #29
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Actually, every time he's asked what his and the teams goals are he says "To win the SEC." He's never once came out and mentioned the NC. To him winning the SEC is the same if not more than winning the NC.
Lately, they are one in the same.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #30
Roosterdog
Two Deep

Male

Roosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
I think they go hand-in-hand. If you win the SEC than chances are pretty good you are going to be in the National Championship hunt.
Roosterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #31
AikenRooster2112
4-Star

Male

AikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
I predict Spurrier will coach long enough to break Bear's SEC wins record.
Bear Bryant has 160 wins at Alabama and Kentucky, which were both in the SEC. Do the Texas A&M coaching victories count, now that they're in the league? If so, then he has 174 SEC wins.
At any rate, Spurrier only has 122 SEC wins. He needs 38 to catch Bear Bryant, if they don't count the Texas A&M wins. If we're still on an 8 game per year SEC schedule, and we win 6, per year, like we have been, it would take 6 years, if we could win 7 in two of those years: 7,7,6,6,6,6. I don't know if Spurrier is going to hang around 6 more years, or, if we can keep winning like we have been. He could do it in 5 years, if we win all the games, every year, and win in Atlanta, but that's improbable.
AikenRooster2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #32
AikenRooster2112
4-Star

Male

AikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his comb

Let's just be happy if he stays for 100 wins here and gets an SEC Championship.
AikenRooster2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #33
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
Lately, they are one in the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterdog View Post
I think they go hand-in-hand. If you win the SEC than chances are pretty good you are going to be in the National Championship hunt.

I understand this. However, the poster I quoted said that HE WANTS a NC. I was just stating that Spurrier has never once mentioned winning the NC here.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #34
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

IF spurrier can get a SEC title here he more than likely we will be in th NC game. With us winning the SEC competition cant play with the SEC so we would get a win. But for him to get a 100 or 115 wins here would be outstanding!!!!
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:50 PM   #35
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

I predict our offense will be incredible in 3 years. I mean truly the talk of the nation. We will be hanging 50 every time out, except against the big boys on the Gulf.