CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
IBleedGarnetandBlack
garnet_black215
ccured
Badazcock
b381l
18IsTheMan
GH
NinjaSven
primetimetodd19
Heck of an atmospher (1137)
Kevin Sumlin Thought (1016)
Priority #1: Teach T (945)
Step back from the l (842)
My outside view (756)
Taylor Swift has a m (740)
great pic (736)
99 PROBLEMS... (593)
Talking Season 2014 (356)
More NCAA Stupidity: (354)
What's your take on our a
Connor Shaw Browns
Shon Carson at KR
Step back from the ledge
My Observations About USC
Fearless predictions of t
NCAA Football 14
Shaq Roland
Confused fan here. Why i
2014-15 Premier League se

Old 01-29-2013, 10:23 PM   #61
USC62
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1003248
USC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Winter Workout Studs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailfeathers View Post

“I don't know how it feels losing to Clemson and I'm not going to know how it feels,” Clowney said. “Because we ain't losing to them as long as I'm here.”
USC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:29 PM   #62
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Did he get it??? That was right on time!
Old 01-29-2013, 11:16 PM   #63
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

CockyCash: 200
BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Our OL needs to get strong, mean and want to snow plow D line players into the turf. Robinson, Shell, Cann and Waldrop, who will be the 5th? As we know, true freshman do not start but Park at 6'6" 335 is rather large and highly regarded. Would love to hear that he's a quick learner, getting stronger and nearly all muscle ;)
BeatBamaTwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:28 PM   #64
i29gman
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
i29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailfeathers View Post
Irrelevant numbers. Strong does NOT, nor has it ever, equaled football player.
BS comment. Strong does not equal anything but it improves athletes in a lot of sports. Is there not a reason for steroid scandals across the full spectrum of sports? Yes, strength matters, quit kidding yourself.
i29gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:39 PM   #65
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Clowney looks strong to me. Wonder if he could have made that same impact had he not worked out and built his strength. I'm thinking - NO!

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:22 AM   #66
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
We really could use him for depth purposes. With Ace leaving, Ellington has to play Z which opens up the X spot for Shaq Roland and Shamier Jeffery. That'll be a heated battle this offseason. Both players had a lot to learn about being a D1 football player. Encouraging that they are now starting to 'get it'.
What about Byrd? I figure Bruce would stay outside, and Byrd had the Z, Shamier getting the Y, where he got beaten out by Brent for the 3 deep. Or does Bruce go back to the slot for the two deep ahead of Byrd and someone steps up behind Roland on the outside, any thoughts?
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:45 AM   #67
CarolinaSpur12
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 100500
CarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spurs

I just want another sick Winter Workout Video. It won't be the same without DJ :(

CarolinaSpur12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:42 AM   #68
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatBamaTwice View Post
Our OL needs to get strong, mean and want to snow plow D line players into the turf. Robinson, Shell, Cann and Waldrop, who will be the 5th? As we know, true freshman do not start but Park at 6'6" 335 is rather large and highly regarded. Would love to hear that he's a quick learner, getting stronger and nearly all muscle ;)
Patrick will most likely be the 5th, starting at RG just like last season. Depth at T include Matulis, B Stadnick and Gibson. Depth at G/C is C Stadnick and Sport.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #69
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
Alshon got by on talent alone. Plenty do.
So you think that Alshon did not work to become the player he is, he never practiced, never lifted wieghts, never worked at catching the ball, never worked on running routes....that is very, very disrespectful to a GAMECOCK!! Unless you have stalked Alshon for the last 15 years you have no idea what kind of work he put in to getting to the NFL and to say differently is once again disrespectful to a GAMECOCK and the coaching staff.
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:45 PM   #70
Go Cocks 29
Hall of Famer

Male

CockyCash: 348
Go Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPit

I think we all saw that Alshon could have been in better shape for his junior season here...did he do nothing, no...but could he have done more and been even better, I think most who watched that season would say yes
Old 01-30-2013, 02:51 PM   #71
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaSpur12 View Post
I just want another sick Winter Workout Video. It won't be the same without DJ :(
same here. I think this year we wont have one outspoken leader but there are a group of guys, younger and older, that are stepping up and thats just what we need
Old 01-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #72
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cocks 29 View Post
I think we all saw that Alshon could have been in better shape for his junior season here...did he do nothing, no...but could he have done more and been even better, I think most who watched that season would say yes
Don't count me among that crowd, he is all over the record books at Carolina and only played 3 years, I never once watched a Carolina game and thought Alshon was not giving it his all, saw him have a career day while playing hurt, never once watched a Carolina practice and thought Alshon was loafing, I read many draft profiles on him and not one expert questioned his effort, not one, but you "THINK" he could have been better if as you say "he had done more", like what? I know you are not alone in this belief, but I never saw the young man not give it everything on the field...
Old 01-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #73
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Yeah and I remember junior talking about how he was a "different cat" and would stay after practice to catch balls alot. I think alot of the Alshon stuff comes from poorly informed corners of the fanbase.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:42 PM   #74
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
Yeah and I remember junior talking about how he was a "different cat" and would stay after practice to catch balls alot. I think alot of the Alshon stuff comes from poorly informed corners of the fanbase.
I think Alshon was a practice warrior but not a gym warrior. He would catch balls all day long from any qb or the jug machine.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:45 PM   #75
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
IMO the majority of the negative opinions come from the picture in the new uniforms that everyone made a fuss over saying he was fat... others ran with it and many believed just saying.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:46 PM   #76
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

He's probably the best college wide receiver to have ever played for the gamecocks and given our history that is saying something. Maybe his brother can log some snaps for us next season. Maybe not. We can beat anyone on our schedule with Bruce, Byrd, Jones, our tight ends and our first and second team all sec quarterbacks. Bring it.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:17 PM   #77
CarolinaSpur12
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 100500
CarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
I think Alshon was a practice warrior but not a gym warrior. He would catch balls all day long from any qb or the jug machine.
I agree with this. When coming out of his JR year and heading into the combine, he knew he was a bit hefty. He KNEW that he could play better at a lower weight and add some elements to his game while at that lower weight. He didn't do that at SC so people do question his effort in the weight room.

CarolinaSpur12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:01 AM   #78
ColaBoi83
Walk On

Male

ColaBoi83 has feathers coming inColaBoi83 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRAY^# View Post
Dylan Thompson has been tweeting a lot about doing extra work with Shamier Jeffery and said Jeffery will be a force for us next year.

awwww shucks nah!!!
ColaBoi83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #79
Nassau Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Nassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot material

Somebody who really knows, please post what kind of weekly workout they would do. I imagine it would change by position- OL does different things than say safeties. Is it one day weights (2X day) then 1 day aerobics or pilates oor that kind of stretching and then back to weights and running...
How monitored is their diet? I'd think you can't control but can educate and motivate.
some real life examples would be neat.
Many thanks
Old 02-01-2013, 05:37 PM   #80
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
Don't count me among that crowd, he is all over the record books at Carolina and only played 3 years, I never once watched a Carolina game and thought Alshon was not giving it his all, saw him have a career day while playing hurt, never once watched a Carolina practice and thought Alshon was loafing, I read many draft profiles on him and not one expert questioned his effort, not one, but you "THINK" he could have been better if as you say "he had done more", like what? I know you are not alone in this belief, but I never saw the young man not give it everything on the field...
man, you obviously do not have a clue! all of the experts questioned alshon's dedication. he dropped way down the draft board because of how they perceived his being out of shape the entire junior season. where were you? he came into camp at 235 before his jr season, and had a gut. it was a huge story. he played out of shape all season long, and didn't go after several balls that he regularly went after in the 2010 season. when it came time for the nfl combine, he finally worked his butt off, and got down to 212. that says a lot right there. you can't get into that good of shape for your final college season, but are willing to do it for the nfl?????????? many of us saw alshon loaf all season long, and only really fought hard in games, when it was on the line, or he was called out by an opposing player. he was doubled and triple teamed all season in 2010, and they said he was virtually uncoverable, but in 2011 he couldn't beat single coverage. you don't think being so heavy and not being as dedicated had anything to do with that? get real!