CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
MountainCock
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
Master Bedroom
COCKYTALKIN
Outland
The Yancey
taylorssc
RGHoskins
smoovecock
The Gator Bowl wants (1993)
USC will upset Aubur (1576)
In-state QB talent (1271)
In-state QB talent (968)
Texas athletic direc (740)
Which loss hurt wors (724)
Ranking the SEC Foot (582)
USC Picked 12th By S (512)
Rank the QBs under S (469)
BA ranks recruiting (454)
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Who start on the d line t
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Thoughts on the basketbal
USC will upset Auburn; Wh
Google finally gets it ri
Ranking the SEC Football
A simple defensive line &
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
lack of production=

Old 02-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #1
KC85
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
KC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudly
Default Waitress fired after posting pastor's no tip receipt online

Quote:
(RNN) - While some folks abide by the saying, "It's better to give than to receive," a St. Louis pastor did not - and involved a higher power in her reasoning to stiff a waitress.

The photo first posted on Reddit shows a credit card receipt from a St. Louis Applebee's. The pastor, who was a member of a large dining party, scribbles out the denoted 18 percent gratuity on the receipt and writes, "I give God 10 percent, why do you get 18?"
The guest signed the receipt, not adding any additional tip to the bill. The customer did, however, add "pastor" to their signature.
Many restaurants add an additional gratuity to large dining parties - a policy waitstaff have no control over. The gratuity is an industry standard 18 percent, and is listed in the restaurant's menus to inform guests.
The server showed the receipt to her co-worker Chelsea Welch, who then posted the photo on Reddit under the title "My mistake sir, I'm sure Jesus will pay for my rent and groceries."
http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/209289...1efcdda3b626bc

The girl should be fired because she posted the receipt online and the pastor should be labled an idiot.
KC85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #2
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material
Default Re: Waitress fired after posting pastor's no tip receipt online

Absolutely stupid on the preacher's part. If you don't want to tip, don't go to a place where it is expected, especially after putting something like that on a bill.

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #3
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

I'm no lawyer, but I am pretty sure that her signature on a receipt is a not a reasonable right to privacy. It is not like any sensitive information was leaked.

I worked as a server while studying for my Master's degree. The restaurant displayed a policy on the menu concerning auto gratuity for parties of 6 or more. I had one person complain in only 2 years. He asked the owner to come to the table in order to speak with him concerning this matter. The customer's argument was that he did not have 6 people in his party. The owner said, "You have seven people in your party." The customer replied, "Two of those are children, not adults. We only have 5 adults in our party." The owner told the customer that his server worked just as hard for the children as he did for the adults.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #4
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

CockyCash: 500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Usually people who post receipts like this end up getting fired. There is probably something in their handbook that prohibits it.

I hope that pastor's congregation sees how she acted. Using God as an excuse to not give a tip? Wtf?!? That is one of the more pathetic things I've ever seen.

The pastor is only embarrassed because she got caught.

davidmc467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #5
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

I wouldn't go to that guy's church. Why should he give her 18% when he gives God 10%? Well, sir, you give the government more than 10%. Does that mean that you love the government more than God? The bottom line is that he is a cheapskate, and was trying to use the Bible as an excuse for his sorry behavior. As a Christian, it enrages me when someone tries to use the Bible to cover over their acting like an idiot. Especially when they are taking something out of context, or adding something that's not there to begin with. The guy got what he deserved, in my opinion.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #6
KC85
Banned

Male

KC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
Usually people who post receipts like this end up getting fired. There is probably something in their handbook that prohibits it.

I hope that pastor's congregation sees how she acted. Using God as an excuse to not give a tip? Wtf?!? That is one of the more pathetic things I've ever seen.

The pastor is only embarrassed because she got caught.
The pastor must be dumb or something. The 18% was already added in.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #7
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

What a jackass.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #8
Jeff45ACP
I give girls the finger

Male

CockyCash: 6300
Jeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff45ACP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC85 View Post
The pastor must be dumb or something. The 18% was already added in.
The pastor is also a woman. Not that it makes any difference in being a cheapskate. Best comment I saw on Yahoo after reading this article last night:

"Just because you have faith doesn't mean you have class."
Old 02-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #9
Blinkimgone
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 300
Blinkimgone has hatched from the shell

If you're depending on tips at applebee's to pay rent, you need a second job.
Blinkimgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:31 PM   #10
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

CockyCash: 500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkimgone View Post
If you're depending on tips at applebee's to pay rent, you need a second job.
With server/tipped employee minimum wage of around $3/hour, which is what this server was probably making, tips are a pretty important part of wages, maybe even a vital part of wages.

davidmc467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #11
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

When two or three dumbasses cross paths the results are almost always interesting.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #12
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

who wants to bet that this particular preaches does not tithe either
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #13
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Year View Post
When two or three dumbasses cross paths the results are almost always interesting.
Preach brother preach!

Old 02-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #14
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Bad move on the preacher, bad move on the waitress.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #15
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 180386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
With server/tipped employee minimum wage of around $3/hour, which is what this server was probably making, tips are a pretty important part of wages, maybe even a vital part of wages.
Tips are all they make, the Government takes the 3 dollars an hour. Almost all servers recieve checks that say void on them.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #16
walk.daddy
sings for money

Male

CockyCash: 533
walk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot material

I use to work at a small restaurant that would give discounts to police and preachers. One day a preacher came in who I didn't know and raised all kinds of hell because I charged him full price. I have never had a police officer complain or even ask about a discount. I hate when people feel their entitled to breaks that normal people couldn't get.
walk.daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #17
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

While I understand the waitress shouldn't post the signature, or reveal the identity. I do believe that if you walk this Earth and are a royal douche bag to people ... you deserve to be called out on it.

The problem with America (uh, oh here we go) is we allow people to be dicks to each other and then when someone calls them out for being a dick. They get ass chapped and go cry that they were misstreated.

This pastor deserves every bit of embarassment she receives over this, and I hope her church falls through too. This was a "laspe in judgement" as she claims. It was her being a bitch, and she got called on it.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #18
KC85
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
While I understand the waitress shouldn't post the signature, or reveal the identity. I do believe that if you walk this Earth and are a royal douche bag to people ... you deserve to be called out on it.

The problem with America (uh, oh here we go) is we allow people to be dicks to each other and then when someone calls them out for being a dick. They get ass chapped and go cry that they were misstreated.

This pastor deserves every bit of embarassment she receives over this, and I hope her church falls through too. This was a "laspe in judgement" as she claims. It was her being a bitch, and she got called on it.
The problem is, is that people cannot realize they are being a douche/asshole and haven't been taught well enought to recognize it.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #19
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Another thing, it says that once she realized it was already added in that she left $6 in cash. You're given multiple copies of your bill, so all she had to do was wad that one up and put it in her pocket and sign the next one. She "left cash" because there's no trace of it, and if the waitress comes back and says no you didn't. She can then say "oh well someone else picked it up." She didn't leave anything behind, and she's lying to cover her tail.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:00 PM   #20
klempsux
So down with OPP

Male

CockyCash: 531
klempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post

She also clearly wrote that note hoping someone would see it, so now she's all upset that someone else did?
klempsux is offline   Reply With Quote