CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
gamecockgal
b381l
Order 66
garnet_black215
DTGCOCKS#32
Pw00132
Ahmad
wumarshall82
JerseyBird
Thoughts on Shawn El (1642)
10-2 (1617)
UK promoting a black (1457)
Time for a new coach (954)
Four UK Players Susp (948)
Coach Gaines: " (863)
I Was Dealing With T (646)
Connor Shaw's fault. (619)
Build a New Stadium (531)
Since everyone loves (478)
Coach Gaines: "Not m
UK promoting a blackout f
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
400 pasing yards
Connor Mitch
I Was Dealing With The Lo
QB Recruiting Strategy
Any prospects w/whom our
Four UK Players Suspended
Build a New Stadium

Old 01-24-2013, 10:08 AM   #41
uga dawg
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
uga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudly
Default Re: Ole Miss is kickin azz in recruiting this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleGamecock View Post
It was and Freeze was not happy about it, Freeze assumed we would play them this upcoming season but we have Miss State instead. Freeze and Ole Miss had a heck of a season when you consider they were a couple of plays away from beating Texas A&M and Vanderbilt (still feels weird saying they are a good team) but overall I want to see if they can sustain success. This recruiting class they have will be good but they will have to prove it on the field.
and also almost beat LSU. LSU scored with 15 seconds left to win that game. Bo Wallace threw 4 interceptions I think, but offset it with over 300 yards passing, and 2 rushing td's.

I see a lot of football games talked about on here, besides just SC games.
however, I never have seen very much talk here about the Ole Miss vs Lsu game like I have some others.

I guess we have that "easy schedule" thing to protect.

on a serious note, Ole miss is leaps and bounds from where they were. Hugh Freeze has totally changed that program, and I see it getting better for the next few years.
uga dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:19 AM   #42
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uga dawg View Post
and also almost beat LSU. LSU scored with 15 seconds left to win that game. Bo Wallace threw 4 interceptions I think, but offset it with over 300 yards passing, and 2 rushing td's.

however, I never have seen very much talk here about the Ole Miss vs Lsu game like I have some others.

on a serious note, Ole miss is leaps and bounds from where they were. Hugh Freeze has totally changed that program, and I see it getting better for the next few years.
They should have lost to arky too. Let's be honest..that lsu team had mailed in their season after the bama loss. But I do agree ole miss is trending in the right direction. Who would have thought uga's "big win" would be ole miss or vandy lol
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #43
uga dawg
Banned

Male

uga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Chicken View Post
They should have lost to arky too. Let's be honest..that lsu team had mailed in their season after the bama loss. But I do agree ole miss is trending in the right direction. Who would have thought uga's "big win" would be ole miss or vandy lol
or (cough, cough) Florida.

Vandy? the one who would have beat SC if not for the raping by Swearinger?
Old 01-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #44
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
or (cough, cough) Florida.
florida lost that game..that's not a big win for uga
Old 01-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #45
uga dawg
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Chicken View Post
florida lost that game..that's not a big win for uga
yeah, they lost because UGA forced turnovers, and didn't let them score one freaking TD.

any win that turns around the outcome of a divisional title is a big win, sorry.

you and I can discuss this by pm or in another thread, lets not hijack the one going here
Old 01-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #46
uga dawg
Banned

Male

Quote:

forgot to mention, that game was at Death Valley
Old 01-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #47
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Quote:
yeah, they lost because UGA forced turnovers, and didn't let them score one freaking TD.

any win that turns around the outcome of a divisional title is a big win, sorry.

you and I can discuss this by pm or in another thread, lets not hijack the one going here

lol
Old 02-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #48
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

“@ScoutKennedy: I'm hearing 5-Star OT Laremy Tunsil is a done deal to Ole Miss.”

And 5-Star DE Chris Adams is visiting this weekend or he visited last weekend. If they get him too, then that gives them the top 3 players in the nation. I fail to believe there is no money involved in this.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #49
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Ole Mi$$
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:52 PM   #50
mater
Class of '02

Male

CockyCash: 100380
mater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot material

meh....

"When a suitcase just won't do."
mater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:20 PM   #51
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Gooood... gooooood

This is fine by me!
Old 02-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #52
DawginCola
Bowl MVP

Male

DawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser24 View Post
@ScoutKennedy: I'm hearing 5-Star OT Laremy Tunsil is a done deal to Ole Miss.

And 5-Star DE Chris Adams is visiting this weekend or he visited last weekend. If they get him too, then that gives them the top 3 players in the nation. I fail to believe there is no money involved in this.
Bama and UGA have been recruiting Tunsil for 2+ years...Freeze contacted Tunsil about 2 months ago. I'm not all that happy right meow.
DawginCola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #53
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

^hahaahaah and we couldn't love it more!!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #54
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

You all realize that Freeze worked under Ed Orgeron right. Not saying he is cheating but we all know Ole Miss didn't become a recruiting juggernaut overnight without $$$.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #55
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

According to JC Shurburtt, Ole Miss has 2 ace recruiters .. Chris Kiffin (yes, Lane's younger brother) and Wesley McGriff that are absolutely killing it right now. They also have Derrick Nix (I'm guessing this is Tyrone's son?) that is an up & comer too.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #56
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
According to JC Shurburtt, Ole Miss has 2 ace recruiters .. Chris Kiffin (yes, Lane's younger brother) and Wesley McGriff that are absolutely killing it right now. They also have Derrick Nix (I'm guessing this is Tyrone's son?) that is an up & comer too.
Tyrone had a brother named Derrick, don't know if that's him or not. Tyrone's only about 40 though, wouldn't be his son.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #57
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Tyrone's little brother that play tailback at Southern Miss
Old 02-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #58
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
You all realize that Freeze worked under Ed Orgeron right. Not saying he is cheating but we all know Ole Miss didn't become a recruiting juggernaut overnight without $$$.

No doubt. Not only that but he parlayed affiliation with a high school recruit into a gig on the staff which to me is sketchy to begin with but especially so when you're talking about a spot on that staff. Is it just me ot does it seem like auburn and the miss schools almost always have dirt going on.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #59
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

If you're not cheating, you're not trying!

Ole Miss is trying awfully, awfully hard.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #60
DawginCola
Bowl MVP

Male

DawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
If you're not cheating, you're not trying!

Ole Miss is trying awfully, awfully hard.
According to an "insider" on one of Bama's boards last night, Saban and Mullen have apparently approached the SEC office with supposed dirt on Ole Miss' staff.
DawginCola is offline   Reply With Quote