CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Regalcock
ConwayGamecock
JerseyBird
CockyLifer
The Yancey
kingoftheroost
Gamecocks1137
catdaddy66
GregoryHouse
Cockhornleghorn
Bruce!!! (1184)
2014 Subway Classic: (835)
Kentucky is dominati (753)
**USC vs. Coker GAME (722)
Going to the Duck Bo (340)
Ali Hospitalized Wit (135)
movers, furniture do (129)
Streaming nfl games (117)
Happy Winter Solstic (80)
Cocky at the Duck Co (75)
***2014 Carolina Panthers
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
How Long Will The Rebuild
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
Cleveland Browns Headshot
Streaming nfl games
Decommitment from Texas A
Bruce!!!
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Cocky at the Duck Command

Old 02-01-2013, 03:03 PM   #21
SolomonGrundy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
SolomonGrundy has earned his spursSolomonGrundy has earned his spursSolomonGrundy has earned his spursSolomonGrundy has earned his spursSolomonGrundy has earned his spursSolomonGrundy has earned his spurs
Default Re: Waitress fired after posting pastor's no tip receipt online

Moral of the Story: If you are a preacher and use a credit card, TIP!
SolomonGrundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #22
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

I had a friend in Memphis who wrote "Bitches don't get nothing" on a receipt at the flying saucer. They had him arrested...it was comical. Of course he was always a douchebag to people and he definitely got called out.
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #23
ccured
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
I had a friend in Memphis who wrote "Bitches don't get nothing" on a receipt at the flying saucer. They had him arrested...it was comical. Of course he was always a douchebag to people and he definitely got called out.
What was the charge he was arrested for?
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:20 PM   #24
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
What was the charge he was arrested for?
I think it was public intoxication...little hazy now, which was ironic since we were in a bar
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #25
cock13
An illusion, Michael

Male

CockyCash: 51250
cock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot material

Why should she get 18%? Well, for one, the waitress actually exists...

troll troll troll troll troll troll
Old 02-01-2013, 09:09 PM   #26
MAN
Walk On

Male

MAN has feathers coming inMAN has feathers coming inMAN has feathers coming in

WOW
MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #27
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I saw a comment on this that made me laugh "If you give 10% to God, how in the **** does he spend it?!"
Old 02-01-2013, 10:21 PM   #28
AikenRooster2112
4-Star

Male

AikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his comb

I am tired of being expected to tip. I am tired of this tipping bullshit in America, while the restaurant raises the prices every 3 months. Hell, Cracker Barrel is charging $10 for salads made out of Iceberg effing Lettuce!

I am REALLY tired of people who tip telling me that I don't tip enough. I'm not rich. If the restaurant is busy, and the girl is working 4 tables, and I tip $5, and the other 3 tables tip $5, then the waitress made more money than I did, per hour, for taking my stupid order?

I got an idea. Show me where the fountain machine is, and where I can find my plate when it is ready, and I'll get up and get it myself.

Like I said, I don't mind leaving a few bucks, but I am tired of this entitlement mentality from waitresses. Find a real job and then you'll see it from our angle.

Let's go to what the rest of the world is doing and just quit with tipping and build the cost of the workers into the price of the food. Hell, the restaurants are doing it anyway.
AikenRooster2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:25 PM   #29
MjGCock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 342
MjGCock has feathers coming inMjGCock has feathers coming inMjGCock has feathers coming in

You wanna do away with tipping? Fine, but make it illegal to pay a waitress/waiter anything less than minimum wage. Until that day, don't bitch about tipping or stay away from places that you have to. It is our culture and you live with it.
MjGCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:31 PM   #30
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
ra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikenRooster2112 View Post
I am tired of being expected to tip. I am tired of this tipping bullshit in America, while the restaurant raises the prices every 3 months. Hell, Cracker Barrel is charging $10 for salads made out of Iceberg effing Lettuce!

I am REALLY tired of people who tip telling me that I don't tip enough. I'm not rich. If the restaurant is busy, and the girl is working 4 tables, and I tip $5, and the other 3 tables tip $5, then the waitress made more money than I did, per hour, for taking my stupid order?

I got an idea. Show me where the fountain machine is, and where I can find my plate when it is ready, and I'll get up and get it myself.

Like I said, I don't mind leaving a few bucks, but I am tired of this entitlement mentality from waitresses. Find a real job and then you'll see it from our angle.

Let's go to what the rest of the world is doing and just quit with tipping and build the cost of the workers into the price of the food. Hell, the restaurants are doing it anyway.
Or, u could cook ur own meals and serve urself.....

ra742002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:32 PM   #31
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

ra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cock13 View Post
Why should she get 18%? Well, for one, the waitress actually exists...

troll troll troll troll troll troll

And so does God, what's ur point?

ra742002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:42 PM   #32
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:

Then you find a restaurant that pays their waitstaff a full living wage - go eat there. You'll starve.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:48 PM   #33
USC girl
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 85848102
USC girl is USC mascot materialUSC girl is USC mascot materialUSC girl is USC mascot materialUSC girl is USC mascot materialUSC girl is USC mascot materialUSC girl is USC mascot materialUSC girl is USC mascot materialUSC girl is USC mascot materialUSC girl is USC mascot materialUSC girl is USC mascot materialUSC girl is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Year View Post
When two or three dumbasses cross paths the results are almost always interesting.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #34
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
Usually people who post receipts like this end up getting fired. There is probably something in their handbook that prohibits it.

I hope that pastor's congregation sees how she acted. Using God as an excuse to not give a tip? Wtf?!? That is one of the more pathetic things I've ever seen.

The pastor is only embarrassed because she got caught.
the 18% was included on the bill..i always write a zero on the tip line when its already worked in the bill.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:17 AM   #35
DJCatfish
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 4400
DJCatfish is crowing loudlyDJCatfish is crowing loudlyDJCatfish is crowing loudlyDJCatfish is crowing loudlyDJCatfish is crowing loudlyDJCatfish is crowing loudlyDJCatfish is crowing loudlyDJCatfish is crowing loudlyDJCatfish is crowing loudlyDJCatfish is crowing loudlyDJCatfish is crowing loudly

1)
Quote:
I am tired of being expected to tip. I am tired of this tipping bullshit in America, while the restaurant raises the prices every 3 months. Hell, 2) Cracker Barrel is charging $10 for salads made out of Iceberg effing Lettuce!

3) I am REALLY tired of people who tip telling me that I don't tip enough. I'm not rich. If the restaurant is busy, and the 4) girl is working 4 tables, and I tip $5, and the other 3 tables tip $5, then 5) the waitress made more money than I did, per hour, for taking my stupid order?

I got an idea.Show me where the fountain machine is, and where I can find my plate when it is ready, and 6) I'll get up and get it myself.

Like I said, I don't mind leaving a few bucks, but I am tired of this 7) entitlement mentality from waitresses.Find a real job and then you'll see it from our angle.

Not sure where to start, but I'll try:

1) Sincerely hope you are trolling... if not, please continue.

2) Cracker barrel -- really man?

3) I bet your friends are tired of being embarrassed by how much of a cheapskate you are.

4) Not every waitress (or waiter for that matter) is a "girl" -- people are doing their jobs just like everyone else and deserve respect

5) See 6. If that "girl" is making more per hour than you to the extent that you are so aggravated about it, maybe it's you who needs to get a "real job." Note: being a douchebag is not a "real job."

6) You should look into doing that professionally -- apparently it pays better than whatever it is you do.

7) Waitstaff gets paid about $3 an hour because their real wages come from people rewarding them for the job they do. Ever had bad service? Yeah, that's when you give a bad tip. When someone does a good job, then pay accordingly. If you can't afford to tip, you can't afford to go out.
DJCatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:59 AM   #36
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:12 AM   #37
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:

So then don't eat out at places where you're expected to tip? Or cook your own meals? Nobody is making you go out and be served.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:33 AM   #38
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Well, if she is the great pastor she probably thinks she is, then she should have honored the 18% and added another 6% to the tip. That's something a good Christian would do, right? I guess not in her case. I know God appreciates the 10%, but I bet He would have been happy with her adding some more money to the 18%.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:55 AM   #39
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

I would like to see where she gives god ten percent. The congregation give her church 10% that pays her salary I am sure. But where does her 10% go?
Old 02-02-2013, 09:11 AM   #40
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

Hard to understand why the pastor not only did not tip, but wrote a sarcastic note to explain why. Sad that she used God as her excuse for being rude.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote