CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
kingoftheroost
Badazcock
thekob
cockfight21
ChickenButt
Ericvol2096
Cockypantherfan
GSC2013
gamecockgal
Four UK Players Susp (1732)
400 pasing yards (705)
Nosovitch (689)
This program has no (583)
Funny? (553)
What fish do you eat (391)
KY Suspends 4 Player (384)
Zone Read Analysis w (363)
Thompson Has Neck In (298)
Would You Accept Lam (273)
Middle-Earth: Shadow of M
Bad Week For Upstate Coac
Thoughts on the basketbal
Zone Read Analysis w/ 201
HBC Weekly Presser
10-2
Maty Mauk tries to take o
What fish do you eat
2016 - Tavien Feaster
Request

Old 02-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #1
usc90grad
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad
Default Burger King Admits it's Burgers Contain Horsemeat Burgers

Burger King Admits It Sells Horsemeat Burgers

Daily Mail – Burger King has admitted that it has been selling burgers and Whoppers containing horsemeat despite two weeks of denials. The fast food chain, which has more than 500 UK outlets, had earlier given a series of ‘absolute assurances’ that its products were not involved.

However, new tests have revealed these guarantees were incorrect in a revelation that threatens to destroy the trust of customers. The contamination has been going on since at least last May and potentially for up to one year, according to evidence presented to MPs earlier this week.

Tonight Burger King abandoned its earlier denials, saying: ‘Four samples recently taken from the Silvercrest plant have shown the presence of very small trace levels of equine DNA.
usc90grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #2
KC85
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
KC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudly
Default Re: Burger King Admits it's Burgers Contain Horsemeat Burgers

What's wrong with horse?
KC85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:56 PM   #3
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

You get what you pay for. Makes you wonder what McDOnald's puts in theirs.

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:59 PM   #4
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 180386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wo5TznA5as
Old 02-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #5
usc90grad
Banned

Male

usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC85 View Post
What's wrong with horse?
Fun to ride, I just don't want to eat one.

Same goes for fat chicks, right?
Old 02-01-2013, 03:18 PM   #6
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

Honestly, I don't think I would have a problem with eating horse. I mean we eat cow & it is a much dirtier animal.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #7
KC85
Banned

Male

KC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegthecock View Post
Honestly, I don't think I would have a problem with eating horse. I mean we eat cow & it is a much dirtier animal.
We are brought up that you do not eat horse. I've never had horse but don't think it would be all that bad.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:38 PM   #8
SolomonGrundy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
SolomonGrundy has earned his spursSolomonGrundy has earned his spursSolomonGrundy has earned his spursSolomonGrundy has earned his spursSolomonGrundy has earned his spursSolomonGrundy has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegthecock View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC85 View Post
We are brought up that you do not eat horse. I've never had horse but don't think it would be all that bad.
It is illegal in some states to sell horse meat for human consumption.

It is very similar to other meats in nutritional value and has been consumed in the past in America. In fact, there were horse meat cookbooks sold in the US.

The problem is that when someone orders a hamburger, they believe that they are getting a beef (cow) burger. If you sell it under those pretenses and then it is discovered that your product is NOT what it is made out to be, uh-oh.
SolomonGrundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:44 PM   #9
KC85
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolomonGrundy View Post
It is illegal in some states to sell horse meat for human consumption.

It is very similar to other meats in nutritional value and has been consumed in the past in America. In fact, there were horse meat cookbooks sold in the US.

The problem is that when someone orders a hamburger, they believe that they are getting a beef (cow) burger. If you sell it under those pretenses and then it is discovered that your product is NOT what it is made out to be, uh-oh.
True.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #10
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

CockyCash: 500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Nothing wrong with eating horse, but I understand that isn't what they ordered.

It looks like this only happened in the UK, not in the US. Here, you would just get burger with the pink slime!
Old 02-01-2013, 03:48 PM   #11
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Horse is considered a very high end meat in some countries. Laws have been passed/lifted to allow horse meat for sale in some states over the past couple of years.

It's such an gasp right now, becuase it's not that common in US. It's really not that big of a deal though.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:02 PM   #12
usc90grad
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Horse is considered a very high end meat in some countries. Laws have been passed/lifted to allow horse meat for sale in some states over the past couple of years.

It's such an gasp right now, becuase it's not that common in US. It's really not that big of a deal though.
It's not common in the UK either....it's nasty to them like it is to us.

And dog meat is high in protein, but I don't want that in my burger either.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #13
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

food for thought. We eat cows and chickens when, in reality, we should be eating squirrel and rabbits. Rabbit meat is tasty, easy to see if its diseased/bad meat, and is extremely lean meat. in the course of a rabbits life they can have over 300 kits/offspring. Squirrels are alot like rabbits to. just dont eat the brain!
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:04 PM   #14
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
It's not common in the UK either....it's nasty to them like it is to us.

And dog meat is high in protein, but I don't want that in my burger either.

Ever had horse meat? I haven't, but I've heard it's really good. Why is it "nasty"?

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:17 PM   #15
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Ever had horse meat? I haven't, but I've heard it's really good. Why is it "nasty"?
Just the idea of eating a horse is what is repulsive, I would assume.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:29 PM   #16
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 21018809
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

I guess to some people horses are what dogs are to me, and if I found out I have been eating dogs, I may start freaking out.
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #17
cock13
An illusion, Michael

Male

CockyCash: 51250
cock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot material

Everyone for Mcdonald's say "YAY"

Everyone for Burger King say "NEIGH"
Old 02-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #18
1SCFanInPAUntilNow
Franchise Playa

Male

CockyCash: 9980800
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cock13 View Post
Everyone for Mcdonald's say "YAY"

Everyone for Burger King say "NEIGH"
That made me LOL.
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #19
GamecockNeal
American Gamecock....

Male

CockyCash: 5445
GamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot material

Ive eaten dog and probably will again when I move back to Korea this summer. I would eat horse in a heartbeat if I knew where to buy it. They recently changed the law and it is legal for human consumption in the US.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:42 PM   #20
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
I have...it was a specialty in one section of Italy that I visited. It was pretty stringy and dry...no wonder why it hasn't caught on. Probably due to it being lean. I doubt I could tell the difference in taste between that and a bad cut of beef though.
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote